PDA

View Full Version : [UT2004/Unsupported] Anti TCC v1.18j

Wormbo
1st November, 2005, 11:36 AM
I've uploaded a new version of Anti TCC (http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6449). Please note that I do not officially provide support or changelogs for this version.
All I can say is, that it catches some new cheats not even the current public version of SafeGame detects. (I'm quite sure the next version of SafeGame will correctly find those cheats as well, though.)

mahe
1st November, 2005, 12:56 PM
THX :)

Warped_Out
1st November, 2005, 02:12 PM
Awesome Wormbo, much appreciated.

** I am editing to add a note about your comment on current versions.
It would seem that it would certainly be much easier to just work on compatibility for current ladder mods like TDM, CTF, ONS, etc. rather than trying to put tons of effort into being compatible with every off-the-wall mod that hits UT.

ShiningSquirrel
1st November, 2005, 03:01 PM
JUst stopping by to say thank you Wormbo!
Your the greatest! :thumbup:

Piglet
1st November, 2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks. Would love to use safegame - but it just lags the clients past the point that it can be used on a public server.

Will try this out tonight.

Assraker
1st November, 2005, 05:17 PM
I'll buy you a beer when I'm in Europe next year! Thanks!!

Wormbo
1st November, 2005, 05:27 PM
I just found a minor bug: (minor only if you use simple log mode)
Package logging is always enabled. That means, after Anti TCC logged an insecurity it will also start logging the packages players have loaded when connecting. That only applies to players connecting after the insecurity was logged.
Without the simple log mode you might get a problem with many large log files. But then again, admins who disable simple log mode usually do so for logging packages and classes anyway.

frisp
1st November, 2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks Wormbo :thumbup:

b][rch.Co30
2nd November, 2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the update Wormbo. :thumbup:

CVROY
2nd November, 2005, 02:23 AM
Lots of clients getting kicked for "unsupported version" UT2004 version 3320, 3339 and 3355

Also people getting kicked for "incomplete package list"

Anyone else getting this?

VorteX
2nd November, 2005, 04:23 AM
Lots of clients getting kicked for "unsupported version" UT2004 version 3320, 3339 and 3355

Also people getting kicked for "incomplete package list"

Anyone else getting this?

Yea i just updated AntiTCC and am getting the unsupported version kick to, but I haven't gotten the incomplete packege list kick that your getting.

The unsupported version apperentaly kicks all versions that i know of except for the latest version (3355).

Wormbo I understand that AntiTCC is unsupported but I think it would be nice if you could choose what client version's you would like to allow like in Safegame. On the otherhand I do think all clients should be patched to the latest version but some people just dont stay up to date on this stuff...

Well anyway thanks for the update Wormbo! :thumbup:

Genecom
2nd November, 2005, 08:36 AM
Cool! Ta!

Sucubus
2nd November, 2005, 11:57 AM
Very BIG THX :thumbup:

Go Wormbo go :cool:

Shambler
2nd November, 2005, 12:54 PM
Well keeping clients up at the latest UT2004 version will eliminate native cheats made for versions pre-3355, good idea IMO...

Sandtiger
2nd November, 2005, 02:12 PM

Anyway you can make it provide a link to UT2k4 website on there in the message Wormbo?

I had safegame on the c2c server for awhile and people who would get kicked would be like there is a patch? WTF! Where do i get it.
I would be like 'Yea its been out since March.':confused:

Adding it to the c2c server now

BuD1369
2nd November, 2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks Wormbo! :D

CVROY
2nd November, 2005, 03:45 PM
rolled back to H, all probs gone

PizzaMan
2nd November, 2005, 03:57 PM
rolled back to H, all probs gone

The v1.18i kick for unsupported versions is intentional.

Krascher
2nd November, 2005, 05:23 PM
Wow!! Thx Wormbo!!

CVROY
2nd November, 2005, 10:42 PM
The v1.18i kick for unsupported versions is intentional.

That's fine, but it kicks people with 3355 too... although not as much as older version clients, but still does.

Should be a place to add numbers to tell it which ones to kick. like: 3320,3339 etc...

Wormbo
2nd November, 2005, 10:56 PM
That's fine, but it kicks people with 3355 too... although not as much as older version clients, but still does.

Should be a place to add numbers to tell it which ones to kick. like: 3320,3339 etc...
It doesn't. At least not because of the version.

[BBF]Killinya
5th November, 2005, 02:46 AM
"I" version and UTXMP causes player "figures" to continue to show while in vehicle(kinda like they are 1/2 in the vehicle and 1/2 out, and running in place). doesnt happen with the "H" version. Have noted this to developers of mod also.

I know you dont "support" this, but in any case, we appriciate any work you do to help keep the game "clean".

Flak
6th November, 2005, 01:30 AM
I just got kicked from a server-

"Incomplete Package List: 36

What does that mean?

everyone
6th November, 2005, 08:31 AM
running on linux-host......
after installing antitcc118i no jumpsound (when return to ground).
any idea??

Wormbo
6th November, 2005, 08:51 AM
I just got kicked from a server-

"Incomplete Package List: 36

What does that mean?
For some reason entry 36 was missing in the package list. This might be related to the bug that the bLogClientPackages setting is ignored. It might, however, also be related to a firewall setting that attempts to prevent personal information to be sent. (Not sure, never had any other reports about this before.)

any idea??
This is a known bug. I'll see, whether I can fix this or offer a workaround.

Killinya']"I" version and UTXMP causes player "figures" to continue to show while in vehicle(kinda like they are 1/2 in the vehicle and 1/2 out, and running in place). doesnt happen with the "H" version. Have noted this to developers of mod also.

I know you dont "support" this, but in any case, we appriciate any work you do to help keep the game "clean".
Probably related to the same bug. However, I have never heard about anything like this from Assault, Onslaught or VCTF players, so it might be related to the way players enter vehicles in the mod.

clearz
6th November, 2005, 02:26 PM
Does this version fix the bug where Pawns are invisible after minimising the game. Very anoying.

Shambler
6th November, 2005, 03:00 PM
That's not AntiTCC specific AFAIK, I think that's a result of missing network packets or something because when UT is transitioning from minimized/fullscreen it's usually 'frozen' for a while.

[BBF]Killinya
6th November, 2005, 03:37 PM
"I" version and UTXMP causes player "figures" to continue to show while in vehicle(kinda like they are 1/2 in the vehicle and 1/2 out, and running in place). doesnt happen with the "H" version. Have noted this to developers of mod also.

Probably related to the same bug. However, I have never heard about anything like this from Assault, Onslaught or VCTF players, so it might be related to the way players enter vehicles in the mod.

Did go and test it also on our VCTF server, and the "I" version worked fine.

Looking forward to a "J"....:)

clearz
7th November, 2005, 05:16 AM
That's not AntiTCC specific AFAIK, I think that's a result of missing network packets or something because when UT is transitioning from minimized/fullscreen it's usually 'frozen' for a while.

Believe me its AntiTCC. Any server with the latest versions on it. It happens all the time. It was happening on my server b4 and I moved back to AntiTCC 118c and it was fine then.

TEz
7th November, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hi, once installed on our K-play the new antitcc118I, all the members of our clan gets kicked for that reason:

THE SERVER HAS DETERMINED THAT THE FILE OR CLASS "BONUSPACK" is not ACCEPTABLE.

we all have the latest OFFICIAL patch 3355 - the only server with this version of antitcc where it happens is our one :-( what's wrong?

Wormbo
7th November, 2005, 01:09 PM
What's wrong? I can't tell without knowing your configuration.
I bet you are using some kind of MD5 check with old/incomplete/wrong MD5 values.

Shambler
7th November, 2005, 05:08 PM
Believe me its AntiTCC. Any server with the latest versions on it. It happens all the time. It was happening on my server b4 and I moved back to AntiTCC 118c and it was fine then.
Happens to me on servers not running either AntiTCC or SafeGame, trust me...it's not related :)

Wormbo
8th November, 2005, 12:01 PM
New version: Anti TCC v1.18j
This version attempts to catch even more hacks and probably fixes the invisible player bug. It also no longer kicks out unsupported client versions immediately, but instead displays a message window similar to the special agreement message. Instead of the "join" button that menu page contains a "Get Update" button, which closes UT2004 and opens the default internet browser with BeyondUnreal's essential UT2004 files page.

frisp
8th November, 2005, 12:11 PM
Wow, that was fast, thanks Wormbo :thumbup:

cowbar
8th November, 2005, 02:54 PM
Good job, thanks a lot :)

ShiningSquirrel
8th November, 2005, 06:30 PM
New version: Anti TCC v1.18j
This version attempts to catch even more hacks and probably fixes the invisible player bug. It also no longer kicks out unsupported client versions immediately, but instead displays a message window similar to the special agreement message. Instead of the "join" button that menu page contains a "Get Update" button, which closes UT2004 and opens the default internet browser with BeyondUnreal's essential UT2004 files page.

But what does this do for those of us who cannot install the 3355 patch without crashing our clients?
Not a single one of my clan members run that patch and none of us intend to any time in the near future. Are we going to be unable to play on any other servers except the ones not running the newest version of antitcc?
I understand epic is working on a new patch, but that does not help any of us now.

Shambler
8th November, 2005, 06:59 PM
Have detailed reports of the crashes been sent to Epic?

If not, I'd suggest you download the 3363 beta patch and see if that crashes you too.

=A!M=Jason
8th November, 2005, 07:15 PM
any idea??

Any news with this yet?

ShiningSquirrel
8th November, 2005, 08:18 PM
Have detailed reports of the crashes been sent to Epic?

If not, I'd suggest you download the 3363 beta patch and see if that crashes you too.

The reports where sent to epic while the patch was still beta, and again
after it went gold. We where basically told tough, we should have said something before they finished it as they where making no changes to it. 3355 is the patch that many of the larger servers cannot run due to lag issues. There have been problems with that patch since it was released reported on many sites, including this one with no solution except not to run it. Now we are being forced to upgrade to a bad patch if we want to play online? I understand the need to get rid of the older versions that support older cheats, but forcing us to upgrade to a patch that is defective is not the answer. It really pains me not to be able to upgrade my anticheat, but I can't in good faith force my players to upgrade to a bad patch or kick them.
It's just not right.

Not installing it solves the problem on my servers, but it does not solve the problem of all the servers running it now that we can no longer play on.

Shambler
8th November, 2005, 08:39 PM
To solve the problem, make sure Epic is aware of and is FIXING the crash problem in the next patch (you may need to help them do this as they often have trouble reproducing these problems)..otherwise you will be left in the dark again.

If you want it fixed, you have to help them fix it :) The response from Epic about the 3355 lag problems was wrong but I can still sympathise with it to some degree (and you should consider that too), to prevent another defective patch you will need to help them eliminate these problems.

There is a small chance the next patch might be mandatory btw, so I advise you to sign up to the servers mailing list and help them fix the problem: (just for your own benefit)
http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/PublicModResource

It's worth it ;) in this way I've helped them fix many big and small bugs that annoyed me ever since the first patch.

ShiningSquirrel
8th November, 2005, 09:20 PM
To solve the problem, make sure Epic is aware of and is FIXING the crash problem in the next patch (you may need to help them do this as they often have trouble reproducing these problems)..otherwise you will be left in the dark again.

If you want it fixed, you have to help them fix it :) The response from Epic about the 3355 lag problems was wrong but I can still sympathise with it to some degree (and you should consider that too), to prevent another defective patch you will need to help them eliminate these problems.

There is a small chance the next patch might be mandatory btw, so I advise you to sign up to the servers mailing list and help them fix the problem: (just for your own benefit)
http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/PublicModResource

It's worth it ;) in this way I've helped them fix many big and small bugs that annoyed me ever since the first patch.

Epic was made aware of the problem with that patch and they did not even try to fix it.
I have been a member of the server admins mailing list since my first server went on line long, long ago. When I first installed the beta patch they released to us I sent in the crash reports from it. There is nothing I can do to help them if they will not work with me. As I said, crash logs where sent in by myself while the patch was still in beta. More logs where sent in after it went gold. Reports where made in the mailing list. Nothing was done and epic ended up blaming the bad patch on us, the end users. They dropped the ball on the 3355 patch and that is all there is to it. All of this is really irrelevent anyway and has nothing to do with the issue of forcing players to install a defective patch in order to play.

Shambler
8th November, 2005, 10:30 PM
The reason this is relevant to AntiTCC is that, hopefully, it will force people to upgrade to the new patch when it is finished...and that if the current beta patch contains these crashing problems you would be better off attempting to get it fixed again now.

ShiningSquirrel
8th November, 2005, 11:31 PM
The reason this is relevant to AntiTCC is that, hopefully, it will force people to upgrade to the new patch when it is finished...and that if the current beta patch contains these crashing problems you would be better off attempting to get it fixed again now.

Shambler, I know your trying to help but I really do not care about the new patch at this time. That is a discussion for the admins discussion list and is not related to the problem we are facing right now. But since you want to harp on it, the new patch does not cause any crashes that we can find, so there is absolutly nothing for us do with it. I do not know how to send in a "no crash" report and really see no reason to do so.

The current problem is servers kicking for any version prior to 3355, which is a bad version that causes some clients to crash and some to lag so severly as to make game play impossible. If an upgrade was going to be forced down our throats, it should have been held off until the new patch was released and not force players to use the worst patch version released to date.

Shambler
8th November, 2005, 11:47 PM
Soloution: Use the beta patch. (tested and is compatable with this AntiTCC version)

Problem solved. ;)

ShiningSquirrel
9th November, 2005, 05:55 AM
Soloution: Use the beta patch. (tested and is compatable with this AntiTCC version)

Problem solved. ;)

So your saying we should make the beta patch available for general download that will not allow online play after the full version is released, and changes the GUID of players using it? What about this? :huh:

This patch is not intended for public distribution, since it is a beta. What this means is - feel free to distribute it informally to anyone that will help test it, but please don't post it on public web sites.

Wormbo
9th November, 2005, 07:33 AM
The server could even use 3186, Anti TCC wouldn't mind. It doesn't allow it clientsidely though, due to the GUID change.

rapmoc
9th November, 2005, 10:05 AM
and probably fixes the invisible player bug
On my servers it's gone :)

It also no longer kicks out unsupported client versions immediately, but instead displays a message window similar to the special agreement message.
That's much better.

Shambler
9th November, 2005, 02:02 PM
Squirrel: I'm offering it as a temporary soloution :)

Obviously, it shouldn't be posted publically but there is nothing wrong to passing it on privately to people having the crashing problem with latest AntiTCC...as for when the full version is released, if people can obtain the beta patch they can surely obtain the full patch when it's out :)

Wormbo: Am I misunderstanding or did you mean AntiTCC wont allow the 3363 beta? I tested it on a server last night running the latest release and it seemed worked ok?

Wormbo
9th November, 2005, 02:50 PM
Anti TCC should not allow 3362/3362 clients. If it does, then that's a bug.
The serverside UT2004 version doesn't matter.

Crucial
9th November, 2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all your work Wormbo!

Shambler
9th November, 2005, 07:19 PM
I can get on to this ( ut2004://85.232.32.199:7800 ) server, which appears to be running AntiTCC v1.18i, while I run the beta patch 3363 and I don't get kicked.

187|Stewie
25th November, 2005, 12:09 AM
which version of Antitcc can restrict the client patches to 3355??? Also, how do you do this? Thanks.

Wormbo
25th November, 2005, 08:21 AM
Both 1.18i and 1.18j do it without any way to turn it off.

rapmoc
25th November, 2005, 10:14 AM
Both 1.18i and 1.18j do it without any way to turn it off.
Hmmm, i had no problems with 3369 and 1.18j

Wormbo
25th November, 2005, 11:52 AM
I understand "limit to 3355" as "not below 3355". UT2004 v3369 and above are ok. Anti TCC will not include any more specific version restrictions, but you can do that with MD5 checks of the .U files.