PDA

View Full Version : How about IP Ban also.

Ga8or
10th April, 2006, 04:53 PM
How's about making UTAN able to ban by just ip address. That way these guys who can change guid on the fly would be blocked by IP even though they have different GUID. I would also love it if we could ban by string such as 68.21.*.* I mean you elect to recieve ip bans anyway this feature would be useful to groups of admins using same utan account!

Thanks

Wormbo
10th April, 2006, 05:41 PM
As mentioned in that other thread, IPs in your bans are chzecked separately from the GUIDs. So, if you enter an IP you actually create a new ban with the same meta information, just for an IP instead of for a GUID.

Ga8or
10th April, 2006, 08:50 PM
Wormbo,

Not sure I understand. I had a utan ban in place on my server with GUID and IP both entered. Now botter in question came back with that same ip address only the GUID was different. As I understand your post that should not have happened? Yes, my recieve ip bans are checked in fack all bans are checked.

Wormbo
11th April, 2006, 01:04 AM
In that case it's a bug in the ban manager. :/

Ga8or
11th April, 2006, 12:34 PM
Ok then if an IP is entered the GUID should not matter is that correct? If it is can you report the bug or tell me who to report the bug to?

Thanks again Wormbo for all your work!