PDA

View Full Version : UTStats 4.3 ?

Azazel
19th June, 2006, 08:05 PM
Im not promising anything but we might do a final update for UTStats.
Things that I can think of to put in/add/amend are:

General
Create web based setup with checks (ie. chmod settings/ftp settings etc)
Store config details in database
Add EUT checks (Matthews code)
Add EUT stats (Adrians code)
Add Mysql5 fixes (Vipers code)
Add totals page option (less info but also less cpu usage)
Coloured player lists on server status (Adrians code)
Last time updated
Import
Send logs via http requests (no more ftp)
Update stats after each game (crowbars code)
Option to stop double capping (Adrian/Matthew)
Other Game Logs?
Admin
Editable config
Weapons matching option (make Double Enforcer be Double Enforcers etc)
Nice To Have
Add autodemorec and link to stats option
Make it easier to skin/add to other portals
Make it easier to add plugins
Modular system for importing/gametypes/other to make it easier to code your own
If anyone can think of anything else, nows the chance to shout.
Anything reasonable is considered.
Would also be nice for anyone who has done some good stuff already to let me have the code to integrate (http://www.utassault.net/utstats/ springs to mind :) )

Al
19th June, 2006, 08:29 PM
Awesome!!

PizzaMan
19th June, 2006, 08:41 PM
Import
Send logs via http requests (no more ftp)
Update stats after each game (crowbars code)

Will these two be options? I prefer to use FTP, and Crowbar's trigger crashed my servers a few times when I tried to use it.

Azazel
19th June, 2006, 08:45 PM
The option for http will be with the actor, all you would do if you used it is not to set any ftp info.

Anyone else had problems with crowbars code?

Adrian[ADIES]
19th June, 2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah go for it Utstats team :thumbup:

Also this coloured server status page is nice:http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14031

What about a fix for same weapon different name thing.
Super Shock Rifle
Enhanced Shock Rifle
Double Enforcers
Double Enforcer

Would my anti double flag caps code be a valid addition http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14959

Ive never had any problems with crowbars code.

Totals page MySQL5. As an interesting note ive noticed MySQL5 caches the totals page on the first run then anyone to view it next gets the page instantly.

Good work guys :) and thanks so much for including my Add EUT stats (Adrians code)

Al
19th June, 2006, 10:42 PM
Whoa. Didn't know about the colors Adrian. I'll install right away :)

Azazel
20th June, 2006, 12:11 AM
Anti-double caps would be an option as some people are only trying to even it up on publics.
What would be better is if someone could work out how to do the ELO ranking which would mean if someone does cap say 8 and 7 then they must be playing crap players and with ELO this would be reflected as such.

Different weapons ... could add that in the same way adding custom game types is done in the admin cp.

The totals page is just crap, I'll probably look at re-doing it completely as it can no doubt be done 100x better.

[AMLP]Zad
21st June, 2006, 11:01 AM
Hello Azazel,

just an idea for the new release,
adding the number of Xloc a player has used during a map.
Cause we are running a camping-sniping server,
and people using too much their Xloc must be runners...
So this info could be interesting to know _

THX for all the work U are doing and keeping UT alive

kawaii
21st June, 2006, 11:35 AM
Let's say someone plays 19 minutes and has 20% efficiency. He reconnects to the server makes one kill and keeps 100% efficiency during that last minute. Now UTStats will say he has 60% effi over the entire game (same story for accuracy)
That is something that annoys me from time to time.

BlackWolf
21st June, 2006, 12:32 PM
Hey Azazel,

for me it would be very interessting to have a inactivity filter ;)

Because its a bit annoying if player with high skill comes on the server and plays only 1-2 maps and make a mega score. For regular players its impossible to get that score. And after some months at the stats are many "1-4 only Maps" players :(

Or a rule at the display: Only displayed if the player played more then X Times/Maps/Frags

N.o.p.Stats has this included ;)

Greets
BlackWolf

(_@_)_SoulReaver
21st June, 2006, 02:35 PM
Is it possible to add the monsterhunt gametype to the utstats Azazel?

Taragon
23rd June, 2006, 07:10 PM
Cause it's almost impossible to add everything I'm afraid, an easier way to filter, and customize score would be great.
The same goes for adding/customizing extra gametypes.

I'm afraid this is easier said than done, but if that's possible ofcourse :)

An option like this would also be great of course :D
http://www.atomicunreal.com/content.php?p=sig

Azazel
23rd June, 2006, 07:23 PM
Is it possible to add the monsterhunt gametype to the utstats Azazel?
Any game can be added via the admin panel, whether it picks everything up for a custom one is unlikely, for that you need to code it manually (see the import/import_ctf.php file as an example how)

Azazel
23rd June, 2006, 07:24 PM
Cause it's almost impossible to add everything I'm afraid, an easier way to filter, and customize score would be great.
The same goes for adding/customizing extra gametypes.
If no one can supply code for a version of ELO for UTStats I'll look at adding as many variables as possible and then putting them in as an admin page.
We will supply "default" values and you can change them later.

walknbullseye
24th June, 2006, 11:53 AM
On our server we use a longshot bonus mutator. It rewards those players who make long distance shots by giving them a little extra health. I am thinking from a sniper clans point of view but this type of info would be nice to see on the stats page. ( add headshots too :D )

Adrian[ADIES]
24th June, 2006, 02:31 PM
I saw on http://www.utassault.net/utstats/ a "stats last updated" bit with a time and date on.

That would be awsome

Azazel
24th June, 2006, 03:41 PM
Added to list Adrian.
Also added to "nice to haves" is try to make things modular like importing (ie. find a template based on gametype, if not exist use default one).

Azazel
26th June, 2006, 08:02 PM
Just realised, if we're making this modular we could *possibly* add support for other games, UT200x is an obvious one, but anything log based could be done, would just need someone to write the import addition.

Hmmmm, Im gonna need toa soon I think :)

Topcat
27th June, 2006, 12:59 PM
I may have missed this somewhere in a previous release, and I am a bit old school UT99. ;p

is it possible to pickup the UT global stats login at all?

Ie to stop somebody hi-jacking someone elses player name and therefore messin with their stats?

Azazel
27th June, 2006, 06:51 PM
It is possible but we didn't use it.
Due to the way this is going to be done (modular/plugin wise) it should be easy to incorporate other login systems like Anthraxs one.

Matthew
28th June, 2006, 09:05 PM
Az, I'm planning on making some massive revisions to Win/Lin Chat Logger, and I'd love to see UTStats be able to process the logs and add them to a match's info for public viewing.

Azazel
28th June, 2006, 09:21 PM
The modular system under nice to have will include everything, so in theory that means everything will be an addition, even the standard stuff. That way it should be possible to do almost anything.

So as a quick breakdown for example.
On import the weapon names, sprees, game types etc would all be added in there respective import modules.
Display wise you would add images for maps etc
Admin wise you would set the default game log naming convention, then the parameters for how a log is split up (character codes), what columns contain what info.
You could then add additional log types so "[UTDC*" would be a utdc log etc etc

If it gets done its pretty much a complete overhaul.
The aim with that goal though is to make it almost an any game stats, not just a UT one.

Azazel
28th June, 2006, 09:22 PM
To summarise, UTSTats would become the engine and modules/plugins could be made for whatever is needed then.

iDeFiX
5th September, 2006, 09:09 PM
Just curious: any progress?

Al
5th September, 2006, 09:16 PM
Indeed. Curious here also :)

Azazel
5th September, 2006, 09:34 PM
Nothing yet, I've not heard from toa in a while so until I do nothing much will get done

brajan
6th September, 2006, 07:56 AM
Would also be nice for anyone who has done some good stuff already to let me have the code to integrate (http://www.utassault.net/utstats/ springs to mind :) )

I'll send you those files from uta in a couple of hours.
You want files only or mySQL dump as well?

Azazel
6th September, 2006, 10:58 PM
I'll send you those files from uta in a couple of hours.
You want files only or mySQL dump as well?
Both would be cool thanks

brajan
7th September, 2006, 07:22 AM
Package will be delayed. We got some problem with recalculating rankings ... probably becouse of the number of matches logged.

Btw this script (recalcranking) is a killer for server :)

2399Skillz
7th September, 2006, 10:21 AM
Package will be delayed. We got some problem with recalculating rankings ... probably becouse of the number of matches logged.

Btw this script (recalcranking) is a killer for server :)

Only on servers with a lot of logs, right?

brajan
7th September, 2006, 11:28 AM
Only on servers with a lot of logs, right?

Nah ... RECALCULATING doesn't do anything with UT servers (if you mean UT server). It's calculating all rankings again (from data already in database) and since we got 56315 players and 302796 matches logged it's a lot of stuff to calculate ... our mySQL server getting raped ;)
Whole database is 0.9GB (17 168 193 records). I started it yestarday at midnight and it's at about 45% :(

[RSA]JudgeDredd
7th September, 2006, 02:42 PM
This may be a question to ask, is it possible to make a signature graphic that could contain statistics and ranks for more than one gametype in the SAME graphic, so to speak? Instead of having separate graphics just for each gametype, could it be coded somehow so that (for example, of course) you have, say:

> Camping DM
> Camping TDM
> Freestyle DM

(etc)

in the one graphic instead of more than one? I hope that does make sense somehow... lol

brajan
7th September, 2006, 02:54 PM
yes it is possible

[RSA]JudgeDredd
7th September, 2006, 03:20 PM
yes it is possible
Okay, here's the next part to that one, if you wouldn't mind (if you do know).

I have a graphic in place (and I can edit it a little bit for positional purposes also) - using this graphic would I be able to use more than one font on this as well from the UTStats compiler? IE:

http://clanrsa.info/stats/pic.php/0/225/9/.png (http://clanrsa.info/stats/?p=pinfo&pid=225)

This is the one we have in place at the moment. If I wanted to (using the font shown for the names only) could we use a second font for the ranks, eff and frags? And if so, how would I go about this? Feedback is kindly appreciated. :thumbup:

Azazel
7th September, 2006, 07:30 PM
Nah ... RECALCULATING doesn't do anything with UT servers (if you mean UT server). It's calculating all rankings again (from data already in database) and since we got 56315 players and 302796 matches logged it's a lot of stuff to calculate ... our mySQL server getting raped ;)
Whole database is 0.9GB (17 168 193 records). I started it yestarday at midnight and it's at about 45% :(
And the winner for most records in a UTStats install is ...

Al
7th September, 2006, 08:17 PM
lol ^

brajan
7th September, 2006, 08:18 PM
it stucked ... there is a nasty memory leak in this script. As long as your database isn't that big it's ok but with this amount of data it's killing the server :(

After 16 hours RAM and swap were 100% used.
We're working on it atm so uta stats may look borked :/

@<hidden>[ACE]Exodus
I'll try to find some time for this after UTA stats are fixed

2399Skillz
7th September, 2006, 10:01 PM

That's what I meant. I only have like 40 logs, if that? So I should be fine. :thumbup:

leip
8th September, 2006, 02:53 AM
Hi,
I'm very much missing the frags vs. time graph that the ngstats (and utstatsdb) had. Any chance of getting this capability for 99 stats (I play ut99 much more than ut04)?

Also, a mechanism to distinguish bots from human players in the stats (different color, table column in summaries, etc.).

Third, it would also be nice to have info on trophies: so, for example, in the Tournament Deathmatch game, in any list of games (user view, map view, etc), a column would show the user who won. In an individual user's stats, it could show how many trophies out of how many games.

Thanks for the consideration,
Dave

brajan
8th September, 2006, 07:16 AM
That's what I meant. I only have like 40 logs, if that? So I should be fine. :thumbup:

Yes 40 logs isn't a problem. 400 isn't a problem either but 4000 can be.

Anyway looks like we found a workaround for this issue by runing recalc script via SSH instead of WWW.
It runs +10 times faster and doesn't eats that much of the memory.

We started it again and now after 8 hours there are about 14 400 records in uts_rank table.

Cardiff
10th September, 2006, 11:43 AM
nice work with the stats, is there any way to link the ip's, as the server stats have alot of players, but it turns out its one person using diff nicks.

Azazel
10th September, 2006, 07:25 PM
Theres a merge player function within the admin section, that will merge 2 player names together and recaculate the rankings

Cardiff
10th September, 2006, 07:29 PM
is the likely to be a update which contains a way for the stats to automatically link players through their ips? thanks for your response Azazel

Matthew
10th September, 2006, 07:29 PM
I see what he means though. Maybe in the next instance of the actor, there could be some sort of ID given to each client that would be the unique number for each player. Even a simple INI file containing the ID would work, as long as players kept their IDs to themselves.

L3cKy
11th September, 2006, 10:55 PM
Nice To Have:

Massive Player deleting ;)

Matthew
11th September, 2006, 11:01 PM
Anyone with PHP knowledge can change this, but by default, the admin pages for player actions shouldn't load the entire list of known players. That can take ages and generally doesn't save time finding someone unless there are less than 300-400 player records.

[RSA]JudgeDredd
13th September, 2006, 11:25 AM
I'll try to find some time for this after UTA stats are fixed
Thanks, man - your time is appreciated here. What I'd be looking at is to have stats on the graphic (and I can make a template up, no problem there) to accommodate the idea I have in mind.

What I'm planning on doing is having the stats on there for the DM and TDM side - but I was just wondering also if it could be an idea to not have the text denoting rank, eff and frags (titles, not the values :)) as they would already be pre-positioned on the graphic. If this is possible, let me know.

wgray8231
14th September, 2006, 09:14 PM
I've made several modifications to correct the calculation of accuracy, ttl, and efficiency; include headshots; boots pickups; correct domination points; and others. Whom should I send my diffs/patches to?

Matthew
15th September, 2006, 01:22 AM
Azazel

(though you could also post them in a thread here so others could modify their installations too)

Caracca
26th September, 2006, 07:03 PM
is the likely to be a update which contains a way for the stats to automatically link players through their ips? thanks for your response Azazel

that will burk allot of stuff up, specially if you play at a m8's house. or play on a lan, with a shared ip.

or people who share 1 computer with dif nick's

ending up with a large porporsion of the playerbase being "corrupted" within the stat page :p

oh yeh azazel check http://cwl.godsofchaos.org/

the whole stat page there is implemented within the whole page (thnx to Ke) dunno how he did it though ;)

Matthew
27th September, 2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks to MySQL, you can do just about anything with UTStats info, including putting it into a website directly. In fact the ambitious ones could even modify a forum installation so that a user's profile info would contain his stats info as well :thumbup:

I personally think that a stats username / password system would be better than IP tracing. A user would be tracked by their normal playing name unless they have registered with the server, then they could simply login once and choose to have it save the combo, ask every time, or remember it for, oh say, a week or something.

That would be sweet :)

killereye
27th September, 2006, 10:21 AM
the whole stat page there is implemented within the whole page (thnx to Ke) dunno how he did it though ;)

I'm cleaning the code atm to share it here. It needs a bit more work than just adjusting header.php

Thanks to MySQL, you can do just about anything with UTStats info, including putting it into a website directly.

I did a bit different approach with the same result. Things I've done to integrate it with the cwl site:
- Stats top 5 block; (http://cwlserver.net - at side pane)
- Little player stats block; (http://cwlserver.net/users.php?user=kE)
- Map info block; (http://cwlserver.net/detailmap.php?mapid=10)

I also have a small script to search name to statsplayer id and playerid to statsname. Admins link players to statsplayerid's manually. When added, their statsnick is also saved which is used for my pimped query script (http://cwl.godsofchaos.org/info.php). If a player that's known plays, his nick will link to his member page. If not known, my little search script is run to see if he/she's known in the statssys and if so, their nick is linked to their statspage :)
Maps are linked to the stats sys just by their mapname.

Code shared at: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17420

Timo
14th October, 2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks to MySQL, you can do just about anything with UTStats info, including putting it into a website directly. In fact the ambitious ones could even modify a forum installation so that a user's profile info would contain his stats info as well :thumbup:

Yeh I did a basic plugin for our vb forums which checks if the user exists within the registered logins stats db, then displays their basic statistics using the image output function.

http://forums.utassault.net/member.php?u=1532#utastats

Baiter
14th October, 2006, 05:12 PM
Yeh I did a basic plugin for our vb forums which checks if the user exists within the registered logins stats db, then displays their basic statistics using the image output function.

http://forums.utassault.net/member.php?u=1532#utastats

Can you share??

Baiter
15th October, 2006, 03:31 AM
How is this coming? I mean overall progress?

iDeFiX
7th November, 2006, 12:00 AM
It might be nice to consider supporting more types of databases with using a database layer like ADOdb or ADOdbLite (http://adodblite.sourceforge.net/). This allows also usage SQLite e.g. besides MySQL.

iDeFiX
9th November, 2006, 12:33 AM
Ok, it became a challenge :)

I'm adding ADOdb to UTStats using SQLite instead of MySQL and so far so good.

But it seems there are some serious mistakes in the import part.
Azazel, are you still active with UTStats or who else to inform?

-=J*W=-Jesus_Warrior
9th November, 2006, 11:25 AM
Hi can the asc ID be used for the player id / nick ?
Then the player can change nick as offen as he want to, and all his stats is collectet in his asc id ?!

Did I say it right ?!

Good job ! with the UTstats !

( I dont have a clue have to do any of this, and have to use all my skills just to use all your good work :)

Azazel
9th November, 2006, 12:38 PM
Ok, it became a challenge :)

I'm adding ADOdb to UTStats using SQLite instead of MySQL and so far so good.

But it seems there are some serious mistakes in the import part.
Azazel, are you still active with UTStats or who else to inform?
At the moment the UTStats team is made up of myself and toa (php coding) and Anthrax (UT coding).
At the moment Im "on a break" from doing anything as I just don't have the time to devote to the project it needs (family life etc comes first).

For the next version we have many ideas which would look to making it as "plugin-able" as possible.

To summarise our vision of the next version:
UTStats will become GStats and will support any game and any gametype via plugins anyone can create and as much of the interface (public/admin) will also be done via plugins.

Design would be handled by Smarty, database connectivity by ADOdb to make it as open to modification/usability as possible.

As you can tell lots of work and little time from me.
The other coder on the project, toa, I've not heard from him in a while so can't comment on his commitments.

If you want to talk more iDeFiX, best grabbing me at night on irc quakenet / #unrealadmin

Adrian[ADIES]
28th May, 2007, 03:06 PM
Hi Azazel

I think an option in admin to mark a server as inactive would be good..
For example on the server status page I have an old dead server and when you click server status it obvioulsy times out.

iDeFiX
29th May, 2007, 06:16 PM
Any news abt GStats/UTStats?

2399Skillz
12th October, 2008, 08:54 AM
Guess this is pretty dead?

killereye
12th October, 2008, 10:20 AM
Guess this is pretty dead?

Releasing a new version is not likely to happen, the original dev's gone inactive. New features are still added once in a while tho by others, and there are quite a few since last 4.2 build. The most important ones can be found in the stickies.

gopostal
17th October, 2008, 05:00 AM
Guys I code for Skillz on PlanetMonsterHunt and we would like to integrate UT Stats into the Monster Hunt gametype. I see modding of the front end, but can the code also be altered? Monster Hunt will not track stats as the mod is written, so I would need to add some new stat codes to begin tracking them.

We would ideally like to strip some tracking features out and replace them with other mod-specific tracking. In MH everyone is on the same team so all the DM based stats aren't needed. I tried to contact Azazel directly but haven't gotten an answer.

We aren't looking for permission to reinvent UTS, just make a version that would work on our MH server. Thanks for any input!

killereye
18th October, 2008, 12:29 PM
Guys I code for Skillz on PlanetMonsterHunt and we would like to integrate UT Stats into the Monster Hunt gametype. I see modding of the front end, but can the code also be altered? Monster Hunt will not track stats as the mod is written, so I would need to add some new stat codes to begin tracking them.

We would ideally like to strip some tracking features out and replace them with other mod-specific tracking. In MH everyone is on the same team so all the DM based stats aren't needed. I tried to contact Azazel directly but haven't gotten an answer.

We aren't looking for permission to reinvent UTS, just make a version that would work on our MH server. Thanks for any input!

AFAIK UTStats uses the log facility from UT to log the general stats, so I'm not sure how much use the general stats logs are for a gametype like monsterhunt. Your problem described (removing team based stats) can be fixed tho, just modify the php code and remove that bit. You can also add a bit of code to recognise the monsterhunt mod and do your own calculations there with the information available.

If you need seperate stats which are not logged by the standard log facility from UT, my guess would be to make a new mutator to do this logging, like the fastcap mutator. It's source is available in the .u file, so I guess that would be a good example. Next thing is to make the mutator write to some file and import/parse that log on the system hosting utstats. Adding this to your utstats page should be do-able, cause you can log time and map info on the ut server.

gopostal
20th October, 2008, 12:54 AM
AFAIK UTStats uses the log facility from UT to log the general stats, so I'm not sure how much use the general stats logs are for a gametype like monsterhunt. Your problem described (removing team based stats) can be fixed tho, just modify the php code and remove that bit. You can also add a bit of code to recognise the monsterhunt mod and do your own calculations there with the information available.

If you need seperate stats which are not logged by the standard log facility from UT, my guess would be to make a new mutator to do this logging, like the fastcap mutator. It's source is available in the .u file, so I guess that would be a good example. Next thing is to make the mutator write to some file and import/parse that log on the system hosting utstats. Adding this to your utstats page should be do-able, cause you can log time and map info on the ut server.

I really appreciate your thoughts! This could get pretty involved as we would really like to log stats concerning the number of each type of monster killed, and some other specific stats like that. Looking at the MH mod, my guess is some rewriting will have to be done there too to add some sort of flag to each monster that can be recognized by the stat tracker. Our site admin suggested using the death messages (player X killed a gasbag for example) so looking at tying into the broadcast handler there may also be a possibility instead of adding into MH.

I wanted to strip out the unused stat tracking to remove any data that was unneeded and also keep any potential conflict to a minimum. Has there been any server specific modding of the central package? I don't want to create something for our use that will upset the original makers but in order to get it to work, I would really like to have permission to rework some code.

Thanks for the fastcap nudge too. I'm off to get it now.

2399Skillz
26th October, 2008, 06:53 AM
I take it since no one has really replied to this that it's ok if we (gopostal) modifies it to suit the MH gametype.

killereye
28th October, 2008, 09:37 PM
Any modification is allowed afaik, just share your work. I think the license also requires this.

The credits page says this:

This program is free software; you can redistribute and/or modify
it under the terms of the Open Unreal Mod License.

If you do make any changes, fixes or updates posting them on the
forum would be appreciated.

Good luck with your coding :)

Azazel
28th October, 2008, 10:59 PM
I really appreciate your thoughts! This could get pretty involved as we would really like to log stats concerning the number of each type of monster killed, and some other specific stats like that. Looking at the MH mod, my guess is some rewriting will have to be done there too to add some sort of flag to each monster that can be recognized by the stat tracker. Our site admin suggested using the death messages (player X killed a gasbag for example) so looking at tying into the broadcast handler there may also be a possibility instead of adding into MH.

I wanted to strip out the unused stat tracking to remove any data that was unneeded and also keep any potential conflict to a minimum. Has there been any server specific modding of the central package? I don't want to create something for our use that will upset the original makers but in order to get it to work, I would really like to have permission to rework some code.

Thanks for the fastcap nudge too. I'm off to get it now.
To add Monsterhunt as a gametype it needs to add events to the logs. If it doesn't you need to amend that to make sure it does.

After that its just a case of adding onto import.php. If you look through that you should quickly see how it handles CTF for example.

az

gopostal
31st October, 2008, 01:48 AM
Thank you guys! I really appreciate the replies and advice.

PlanetMonsterHunt is currently hosting a map design contest, but as soon as that is over we will begin work on several things to try to bring monster hunt up to what it could be. Having stats tracking is one important aspect of what we would like to accomplish. Any headway we make on this will certainly be public, as that is the whole point of the site: to host everything any MH server or player should ever want or need.

As a side note, I would like to thank you guys for all the work and advice you give to people and expect nothing in return. Good karma to you.:thumbup:

SoNY_scarface
24th December, 2008, 08:37 PM
Any chance of adding siege to the stats logging?