PDA

View Full Version : integrate cheat protection

humacyrnus
20th August, 2006, 04:41 AM
i think utan would be the greatest thing if it had its own cheat protection system that can detect and auto send ban info on confirmed cheaters

like a mix of utan antitcc and utdc

and autoupdate on the information would be great too

kawaii
20th August, 2006, 08:22 AM
Can't really see why? UTAN was designed as a banmanager, and it does a perfect job at that.
Integrating an anticheat would mean a lot of extra work, and for what reason? There already is anticc and safegame. And together they work fine imho.

Piglet
21st August, 2006, 01:48 PM
There already is anticc and safegame. And together they don't catch any of the newer/non-native cheats.

I fixed it for you.

Azura
21st August, 2006, 02:01 PM
i think utan would be the greatest thing if it had its own cheat protection system that can detect and auto send ban info on confirmed cheaters

How do you think cheat logs get sent to utan in the first place ?

Wormbo
21st August, 2006, 03:10 PM
UTAN ("Unreal Trusted Admin Network") is a system that allows admins to manage their bans and distribute them among all their servers. It is in no way related to detecting cheats, which IMHO is an advantage: You can mix it with any existing or future anti-cheat tool.
Also, I'm not a big fan of automatically banning players (kicks or session bans yes, but not automatic permanent bans) based on the findings of an anti-cheat tool as there's always the chance of false positives.

humacyrnus
29th August, 2006, 04:32 AM
point well taken, but what about a way to catch the newer cheats people are using, is there any way for that?

Piglet
29th August, 2006, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately, no.