PDA

View Full Version : UTPureRC53

THeGAME
14th August, 2002, 11:37 PM
Anyone know what the Alien software is and if it can be pulled out to run stand alone?

How is UTPureRC53 working by the way?

Azazel
15th August, 2002, 12:01 AM
They've worked hard on the "alien software" so I'm not sure they will release it standalone :(

Seems new pure is OK, for bug reports check the CSHP Forums
http://www.midnightinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=936

Obsidian
15th August, 2002, 12:33 AM
The only bug I have spotted sofar is that when waiting for start pings are like a zillion because the packet/s (maybe tickrate related) drop to almost 0.

RiPp3r
15th August, 2002, 08:04 AM
Anyway´s I´ve noticed the pings on F6 too...thought it was my server that was laggy...never noticed that before installing the new UTPure.

The hitsounds if really nice...pling pling pling!! hehe.
But couldn´t this be considered a form of cheat/help to the players??
If U don´t know if U made a hit from a long distance, then U hear the "pling" U know that U made a hit. But ofcourse this is the same for both teams. Not so good if the clan U play consider this cheat :(

:) Rip

Bry
15th August, 2002, 09:36 AM
TBH imo RC51 seems better than RC53 i have gotten a few complaints about it myself

RiPp3r
15th August, 2002, 09:48 AM
maybe RC51 is better then...don´t wanna hear complains bout the server when U play Clanwars on it.

We have 2 server mine and another one.
The other one have CSHP 4+ only gonna try and get the owner of that one to change to UTPure too. Better to be safe then sorry :p

The_Undertaker
15th August, 2002, 04:27 PM
The hitsounds if really nice...pling pling pling!! hehe.
But couldn´t this be considered a form of cheat/help to the players??
If U don´t know if U made a hit from a long distance, then U hear the "pling" U know that U made a hit. But ofcourse this is the same for both teams. Not so good if the clan U play consider this cheat :(

:) Rip

well, from what iv'e readed, this is just up to the admin of the server, he/she decides to enable it or not.
I believe that clanservers won't use this feature.
But i could be wrong ofcourse
;)

RiPp3r
15th August, 2002, 08:12 PM
But i`t´s the same for both clans, and if the clan does not want it it can be disabled easy...so I´ve read :) really nice feature anyways.

:)Rip