PDA

View Full Version : Bugs & Suggestions - Web Admin\Console Admin

Azazel
17th September, 2002, 03:29 PM
Evolution has asked me to collate any bugs/suggestions you all have for web admin and the console admin functions.

Could you please post them under this thread in the following manner:

Type: Bug
Info: blah blah etc etc web admin blah blah

Please try not to use this thread for discussion as its purely a feedback thread :)

Thanks!

Bry
17th September, 2002, 07:46 PM
Type:Suggestion/feature needed

Info: Atm i can not see a place to set the inagme adminpassword.

The password used for webadmin will not work for ingame and there does not seem to be a place to set it anywhere

Type:Bug
Info:when creatign a new group i always recieve the rror emssage invalid character in group name. However charactersa re all small case and normal letters and have tried a number of characters

Type:Bug
Info:The default Admin account does nto have all the admin priviledges checked and do not stay checked when chcked. This maybe the cause of the above problem

p.s. welcoem about to evoultion :)

Evolution
18th September, 2002, 06:48 AM
Thanks very much Bry! Good to be aboard :)

As of this moment -
No way to set game password
Resolved - Darkbyte has already corrected this for the final release.

Unable to add new groups in web admin
Resolved - Same as above

Admin account has no privileges checked - This is intentional. I feel that the privileges should be checked for the admin account to reiterate that the admin account has all privileges, but darkbyte felt that doing it this way made it more obvious that the admin account was a special account. We're still debating on this one (but I'll win :P)

Bry
18th September, 2002, 08:16 AM
hehe
im sure youll find theis place fun and thxs for the answers :)

BustaCap
18th September, 2002, 03:56 PM
I've already posted this at INA forums, but since you asked :)

1. Demos

One feature that I would love to see is the ability to set up demo recording server side which would be great for clan matches. One of the problems of client side demos is that you only see the action of areas close to the person recording the demo. A server side demo records ALL action. The way I would implement it would be to have a button to turn the feature on or off. Also, have a check field for it to be automatically turned on if server is in Tournament mode. Have a field for the prefix for the saved demo file name. Example, SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder. Then have fields for suffix with options for:

a. Incremental numbering (SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder 1, SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder2, etc...)
b. Map names (SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder Anubis1, SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder Anubis2, etc....)
c. Date/Time (SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder 9/16/02 12:14:32, etc...)

2. Aliasing

Allow the server to specify whether aliasing is allowed or not. If set to NO, then the name shown is the name registered to that CD ID.

3. Banner

Have a field for a text(s) message that can be displayed at specified intervals (eg, Check out our home page at XXXX). Maybe allow for rotations of text messages. For example, you could have 3 messages, one that displays at the start of each map, one at the end of each map, and one during the map every 90 seconds. Or 3 messages that rotate every 2 minutes throughout the map etc...

4. Translocator

I don't see an option to allow/remove translocator. I noticed this when I started up my server in DM mode (no trans specified in .bat or ini), then when I switched server to Boming Run there was no trans in game and I had no way to add it via web admin.

5. Game Password Plus

In addition to allowing for a game password (I'm hoping the ommision of this is going to fixed) allow for the specifying of only certain CD ID's to join the server. For clan matches this would stop people from putting in unallowed substitutions. Each team would have to sumbit the IDs of their players before hand and then the admin would set it up. This was brought up in an interview with Dr. Sin.

DarkByte
19th September, 2002, 03:43 AM
1) Demos will be fully working in first final Patch, nothing i know about how it will be done thought.

2) Aliasing: IMO, this could be considered like privacy invasion.

3) Banner. Seems more like MOD material.

4) Not configurable anymore ... not sure why thought.

5) This is a Mod i will be making if i find time, but it wont be based on CD Keys.

BustaCap
19th September, 2002, 04:32 AM
For the No Aliasing option what I'm saying is that in order to join a server you cannot be aliasing. If you are aliasing you are rejected when you try to join. Nothing private is revealed. I'm pretty sure Tribes2 has this as an admin option.

Evolution
19th September, 2002, 06:31 AM
BUG - WebAdmin

When sending messages via web admin console, "WebAdmin:" appears twice to players in the game.

ex: In webadmin, I type:

"say Hello players"

In the game, players see:

"WebAdmin: WebAdmin: Hello players"

d-mAn
19th September, 2002, 10:43 PM
The web admin function to change the skill level of bots that an admin adds does not appear to work. The default is Novice and if you select a more advance skill and then click on accept, it appears to snap back to Novice, with no effect even if you re-start the server.

d-mAn
21st September, 2002, 03:07 AM
Two more bugs maybe...

1. seems like this function is broke in webadmin, can only adminster instagib from command line.

2. e-mail form under server tab in webadmin does not allow for entry of fairly long e-mail addresses.

d-mAn
21st September, 2002, 03:08 AM
On webadmin, seems like it might be a good idea to have a reboot server button as well as just a restart level button.

Evolution
21st September, 2002, 10:35 AM
For the No Aliasing option what I'm saying is that in order to join a server you cannot be aliasing. If you are aliasing you are rejected when you try to join. Nothing private is revealed. I'm pretty sure Tribes2 has this as an admin option.

I disagree. I, for one, do not want ANYONE telling me that I cannot change my online nick if I choose to do so. There is nothing about aliasing that causes a disadvantage to other players, and does not affect gameplay in any way. If a player does not want anyone to know who he is, then so be it, that should be his right, end of story.

BustaCap
21st September, 2002, 07:26 PM
There is nothing about aliasing that causes a disadvantage to other players...

That is not necessarily true. Have you ever played in a match and wondered if the peeps you were playing against were who they said they were? I've played in matches where I found out later that the other team had used subs illegally. I started to log the ip's of all the "regulars" on my server and then compare those to the people playing in matches on my server to see if anyone was subbing. And they were.

Epic seems very committed to the competitive crowd and this OPTION would be a very useful tool to keep matches fair. If this game really does take off and become the "standard" for competitive online matches (with prizes, etc...) you can bet your bottom dollar that people will be using "ringers" in matches.

I think all of us agree that online cheating is a "bad thing". We all want Dr. Sin's safeguards built in to the game. The no aliasing option would be another measure to minimize a different type of cheating.

Azazel
22nd September, 2002, 01:12 AM
I believe DrSin is *thinking* of releasing what you require as a mod

HappyChainsaw
30th September, 2002, 04:06 PM
bug:
Set 'Friendly fire' to 30 using webadmin, shows up as 3000 (!) in the LAN game browser list.

suggestion:
Autorefresh (10 secs or so) of the current game - players list page. I like to keep this visible when playing on another monitor.

Sloth
2nd October, 2002, 03:59 PM
bug:
Set 'Friendly fire' to 30 using webadmin, shows up as 3000 (!) in the LAN game browser list.

You would want to set FF to 0.300000 not 30.00000

HappyChainsaw
2nd October, 2002, 05:07 PM
bug:

You would want to set FF to 0.300000 not 30.00000

Correct, I've adjusted the settings likewise. But the webadmin indicates to set it from 0-999, instead of 0.0 to 0.999.

MrFox
2nd October, 2002, 09:37 PM
It would be nice to have the ability to not advertise a server (as is the case in UT).

Someone told me that I could disable the connection to the master server, but I suspect this would prevent stats from working as well, which is not desirable.

If this has already been discussed, please point the way.

Thanks.

Sloth
4th October, 2002, 05:34 AM
Player List:
Right now all the links to the columns are all set to sort by name.

Sort by the particular column would be sweet! :)

DarkByte
4th October, 2002, 06:53 AM
Someone told me that I could disable the connection to the master server, but I suspect this would prevent stats from working as well, which is not desirable.

Yup, after verifying with the Master Server Guru, he confirmed what you just suspected. Stats server is tightly bound to "advertise server".

DarkByte
4th October, 2002, 07:27 AM
Player List:

oops .. here is a quick fix:

in the UT2003/Web/ServerAdmin folder, open and edit the current_players_list_head_link.inc file with a text editor and change:
?Sort=Name
to
?Sort=<%HeadTitle%>

Sorting will now work, althought sort by Team might be displayed in a strange fashion O_o

Vikarou
4th October, 2002, 07:51 AM
I'm not entirely sure how possible this would be, but something I'd love to see would be ban logging.

Mostly from ingame. It is possible to go through rather large log files to find when an admin logs in, but if there was the ability to log who banned what IP/Player, when and why, it would be most helpful to those admins who like to keep tabs on the goings-on in their servers.

Sloth
4th October, 2002, 02:37 PM
Player List:

oops .. here is a quick fix:

in the UT2003/Web/ServerAdmin folder, open and edit the current_players_list_head_link.inc file with a text editor and change:
?Sort=Name
to
?Sort=<%HeadTitle%>

Sorting will now work, althought sort by Team might be displayed in a strange fashion O_o

Well that was easy!
Thanks DarkByte :)

BostonStrangler
6th October, 2002, 10:22 PM
Type:WebAdmin Bug
I have noticed 2 things 1)periodicly when I log in to webadmin it won't pull up 2)The graphics on the webadmin don't seem to work,this just started today.I have rebooted the modem and the server and it's still doing it.

wD-BostonStrangler

Antipodeanist
7th October, 2002, 02:09 AM
I ahve same probelm. I got the patch, and now WebAdmin works over the web, but some pages don't show up nor do any of the pictures

dma
7th October, 2002, 02:14 AM
Suicide message for telefragged is broken.
"editobj" dies on listing delegate properties.
"Mutate" console command removed. We want it back.
F2 and F4 removed. We want them back.
Custom serverbrowser tabs aren't well supported (if even possible).

Evolution
7th October, 2002, 09:02 AM
BUG
Console Admin

Kick function - Cannot kick players by name, or mask. Kick by PlayerID seems to work, however.

After executing the "admin kick list" command, you're given a list of player ID's, but WebAdmin is listed as Player ID 0, and so was I. When I did "admin kick 0", I got a message telling me that WebAdmin had been kicked, and that I had also been kicked, but of course I hadn't. Probably since I was logged in as admin at the time, but it shouldn't tell me I was kicked if I wasn't actually kicked. Also, webadmin should not even be listed among the possible players to kick.

parmie
17th October, 2002, 11:14 AM
I've found these bugs in the 'select IP' button ('open location' in UT1), located in the server browser

Type: can't connect by typing hostname
Info: when I press the 'select IP' button I can not type a hostname, only IP. Maybe not a bug, but in UT1 it works.

Type: port bug in 'select IP'
Info: When I append a port to the ip (serverip:port) and I type a 7, my cursor jumps to the front of the field. so when I type "192.168.0.50:8777", I get "777192.168.0.50:8". This is only with the numeric keys. Keys on top of my keyboard works.

rennym
17th October, 2002, 03:52 PM
Bug: WebAdmin gets hung if you try and access it while the server is changing maps. trying to reconnect is useless.
Fix: Provide a method to restart the WebAdmin part of the server

BigHead
18th October, 2002, 08:18 AM
<REQUEST>
WebAdmin: Console appears as part of messages. In order to get players attention, I have to spam the server. It would be nice to have a banner advertise where it appears the same font size and location as MOTD. A Setting for how long the message stays would be nice too.
</REQUEST>

<REQUEST>
I understand an in-game Chat function is being worked on in the patch. A nice feature/Player stup option would be to only show player comments. Most conversations, taunts, team directs are lost in the scuffle of whose owning who or who is blowing themselves to smitherines.
</REQUEST>

:tl:

Joschi
18th October, 2002, 08:52 PM
Bug: New users for the webadmin are missing rights
Descrition: If you add a new user who has all rights except the "users" and "groups" privileges many other options for configuring the server are missing.

Bug: (Not sure if bug) admin pause isn't working anymore
Description: In the past it was possible to pause the game over "admin pause", this isn't possible anymore, at least not with this command.

Bug: Users disappearing in webadmin
Description: If a user has no managed group in webadmin the user will not be shown anymore in the "users" view. The settings for this user only can be changed/deleted if you modifiy the user file directly on the server ....

General question: Is there a way to have the simple user model for web admin if you can not access the server start script ?

Kno_One
23rd October, 2002, 01:16 PM
auto refresh of both player list and server console for webadmin (the console refresh would be nice to have when talking to people ingame)

ability to add the translocator within webadmin

a way to configure arena match (or any other configurable mute) in webadmin (unless im missing something, you cant select what weapon to use from webadmin)

BUG: a capped K cant be used in a user name (ala Kno One) but a lower case k can. havent checked but there might be other letters you cant use capped as well.

Thundar
2nd November, 2002, 07:03 PM
Bug: admin not pulling up at least half the time? absolutely annoying. u add stuff to ur server and get access to change. just acts like its a dead link. :withstupid:

DarkEagle
16th November, 2002, 09:58 PM
:xmas:

elmuerte
18th November, 2002, 04:22 PM
3. Banner

Have a field for a text(s) message that can be displayed at specified intervals (eg, Check out our home page at XXXX). Maybe allow for rotations of text messages. For example, you could have 3 messages, one that displays at the start of each map, one at the end of each map, and one during the map every 90 seconds. Or 3 messages that rotate every 2 minutes throughout the map etc...

This exists for a while and is called ServerAdsSE
http://www.drunksnipers.com/services/ut/ut2003/ServerAdsSE

elmuerte
19th November, 2002, 09:19 AM
BUG - WebAdmin

When sending messages via web admin console, "WebAdmin:" appears twice to players in the game.

ex: In webadmin, I type:

"say Hello players"

In the game, players see:

"WebAdmin: WebAdmin: Hello players"
has been fixed in the next patch

elmuerte
19th November, 2002, 09:24 AM
"Mutate" console command removed. We want it back.
F2 and F4 removed. We want them back.
Custom serverbrowser tabs aren't well supported (if even possible).
fixed in the next patch,
well at least a new gametype will automatically get a tab

elmuerte
19th November, 2002, 09:26 AM
BUG
Console Admin

Kick function - Cannot kick players by name, or mask. Kick by PlayerID seems to work, however.

After executing the "admin kick list" command, you're given a list of player ID's, but WebAdmin is listed as Player ID 0, and so was I. When I did "admin kick 0", I got a message telling me that WebAdmin had been kicked, and that I had also been kicked, but of course I hadn't. Probably since I was logged in as admin at the time, but it shouldn't tell me I was kicked if I wasn't actually kicked. Also, webadmin should not even be listed among the possible players to kick.
while working on UTelAdSE I found this bug to, but the deal is, you can't realy distinguish between a spectator and the webadmin spectator.
btw, Bot can't be kicked either, they need to be killed.

update: via C.isA('MessaginSpectator') it's possible to find a webadmin spectator (or any like it)[/b]

elmuerte
19th November, 2002, 09:28 AM
a way to configure arena match (or any other configurable mute) in webadmin (unless im missing something, you cant select what weapon to use from webadmin)
this should be possible in the next version, but custom mutators need to create a new version of their mutators to add config info

Evolution
19th November, 2002, 11:10 AM
This should be fixed in the next patch as well: UTServerAdmin should call FillPlayInfo() on the entire Mutator list. I believe they originally planned to a have a NextMutator.FillPlayInfo() inside Mutator.PlayInfo(), but it would be more solid if they call FillPlayInfo() on each mutator from within UTServerAdmin. Also, the problem with QueryHandlers being config, while QueryHandlerClasses was not, was also something that was fixed in the patch, but not included in that post by Steve.

elmuerte
19th November, 2002, 01:06 PM
Also, the problem with QueryHandlers being config, while QueryHandlerClasses was not, was also something that was fixed in the patch, but not included in that post by Steve.
is it realy fixed, or did they just tell you that ? :)

ow and the Managed Group bug should also be fixed in the next version right ?

N_I_M_D_A
19th November, 2002, 07:24 PM
I run a server with a four player minimum so bots will enter to keep the teams balanced up to then. why cant they join any sized team and keep it balanced??? here is how my server seems to work. its not wierd I have played on other servers that operate the same....

The Team Balancing IS enabled on our server but some things really suck. Bots will only pad the game up to 4 players. So if there are 4 people playing and one leaves a bot will join. If another player joins then the bot will leave. When there are five people playing a game no bots will join. If one of the people on the 2 player team leaves then there will still be four players, the minimum number before a bot joins. Leaving one team of three and one with one player. The Game will not balance human players, I dig that. There is not any way to make bots join only to balance teams. If this can be implemented i know it would be so helpful on servers when there are few players.

there is a thread here about this... http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=587

Evolution
19th November, 2002, 07:44 PM
is it realy fixed, or did they just tell you that ? :)

ow and the Managed Group bug should also be fixed in the next version right ?

It's really fixed.

Yes.

Kno_One
23rd November, 2002, 04:33 PM
a way to configure arena match... ...in webadmin...
this should be possible in the next version

good chit, now if they would only fix the prob with a capital K i'd be a happy man :p

Brando67
9th December, 2002, 11:06 PM
Hi all :)

Interesting Reading...... 1) Wed Admin Hangs alot for me...Has there been a fix??? I read the little part about Web Admin hanging when the serever is changing levels.......I have to re-start my .bat file whenever this happens to get Web Admin to work again..What's up with That?????/

2) Where do I find the cheAt Protection that is out for UT3, and How Come it isn't in theses pages Yet??????

Brando