PDA

View Full Version : UT2003 (Retail) - Console Commands etc by Evolution

Azazel
3rd October, 2002, 02:42 PM
Follow up thread for this tutorial

BDViper001
8th October, 2002, 03:54 PM
I am sure this is old school for most, but since I am new to the UT world, this is a hand one to add to the admin page!

STAT NET - Give you extensive packet statistics for your netwok connection. Handy to figgure out what is going on if you are lagging.

:withstupid: :notworthy:

Ghostey
28th October, 2002, 10:33 PM
I just wanna report a little mistake in the Tutorial
For the mutator Zoom Instagib its ?Mutator=xGame.MutZoomInstaGib in stead of Mutator=xGame.ZoomInstaGib

Ghostey out

BatCat
9th December, 2002, 06:02 PM
...ew bugger!

Do you have any idea how much time I spent lookin for that silly 'Mut' !!!

xGame.ZoomInstaGib
vs
xGame.MutZoomInstaGib

(sigh)
Hope no one else gets bit.

Evolution
28th January, 2003, 10:31 PM
Updated the console commands tutorial to include all the commands from the last three patches. I also seperated the commands into more logical sections, and updated the descriptions and parameters for most of them.

If you find any mistakes in this tutorial, please let me know and I'll get it fixed immediately.

The tutorial only covers commands that are available from unrealscript. There are a number (well, actually over 500) commands that are available from native code, but I've decided to not include those in this tutorial. If you really think those commands should be included in this tutorial, let me know, and I'll look into it.

DeathScythe
3rd February, 2003, 05:18 PM
I think that one command that should be included is the following:

admin quit Causes the server to shutdown after everyone disconnects.

Hopefully, people won't have to Ctrl-C out of a server running if they are using ucc. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Evolution
3rd February, 2003, 05:21 PM
So far the tutorial only covers commands that are defined in unrealscript. The quit command is a native console command.

I'll be adding native console commands soon, though.

BatCat
25th February, 2003, 09:56 AM
I just tried the cmd 'admin game edit'.. and draw blank!

duh what to do now?

It said I was doing it.. but saw nothing.

I was expecting something like adminmenu, but no, I expected too much.

Evolution
25th February, 2003, 11:23 AM
Use 'admin game set' and 'admin game get' just as you would use the old console command 'admin get' and 'admin set', which have been disabled in UT2K3.

When you have finished configuring whichever parameters you'd like, use 'admin game endedit' to apply the changes, or 'admin game canceledit' to cancel the changes.

amock
21st May, 2003, 12:19 PM
I cant seem to get the console commands for changing maxplayers and timelimit working.
This is what I do:
adminlogin *verysecretpassword*
admin game set XGame.xTeamGame timelimit x
admin game endedit
admin restartmap

(on changing the maxplayers I do the same exept I change the second line to :
admin game set engine.gameinfo maxplayers x)

and it still doesnt change.
Is there something wrong with the commands, or might it be something with the server?

amock
21st May, 2003, 12:23 PM
Something that could be added
behindview 1 - look in 3rd person view
behindview 0 - look in 1st person view
Nice commands for demoviewing..

Evolution
23rd May, 2003, 02:53 AM
<code>admin game</code> commands only work if the server is setup to use the advanced administration system.

In the console commands tutorial, there are seperate sections for advanced &amp; basic administration systems. Use the commands which are appropriate for the system you're currently using.

Gunmaster
30th May, 2003, 05:04 AM
I am installing 2225 pack on a dedicated Windows 2000 Server. I used the Server Admin Tutorial but I got stuck at the installation topic (step N.) :dontgetit: I can get into a command line but I can't change the directory! :angry:

Ok so I figured it out. :look: I did a "cd \" to go to the root and from there I was able to do "cd ut2003server\system" :thumbup: I executed the ucc command but after a whole bunch of command lines in the end I get "Master server assigned our MatchID: 0" and it stops there! :angry:

Ok I was looking for the server on the Internet but it looks like it shows up only in my LAN only. :)

Imaginos
28th January, 2004, 07:28 AM
Might want to make mention of the maximum allowed length of a commandline.

BitchMaker
31st January, 2004, 06:37 PM
I am trying to start my server and several mutators at the same time via service created with FireDaemon. I don't have any problems until I start to add multiple mutators. Both mutators work correctly when invoked from either the Web admin page or through the administration screens tied to 'host multiplayer game'.

Here is the string I'm currently using as my [parameter] value:

server CTF-Unearthed?game=XGame.XCTFGame?mutator=XGame.MutQuadJump,mutator=SA109.MutSniperArena109ver,mutator=MapVote400b9.MapVote?AdminName=Admin?AdminPassword=eclipse10 ini=SERVERUT2003.ini log=TestServer.log

Here are the specific errors that I receive in the console while it is loading.

Failed to load 'mutator=SA109': Can't find file for package 'mutator=SA109'
Failed to load 'Class mutator=SA109.MutSniperArena109ver': Can't find file for p
ackage 'mutator=SA109'
Add mutator mutator=MapVote400b9.MapVote
Failed to load 'mutator=MapVote400b9': Can't find file for package 'mutator=MapV
ote400b9'
Failed to load 'Class mutator=MapVote400b9.MapVote': Can't find file for package
'mutator=MapVote400b9'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Evolution
1st February, 2004, 12:26 PM
you should only use mutator= once, followed by a comma-delimited list of mutator names.

?mutator=XGame.MutQuadJump,SA109.MutSniperArena,etc.etc.

BitchMaker
2nd February, 2004, 10:02 PM
Excellent....thanks for the quick reply!!

BleemZ
26th March, 2004, 01:31 PM
Anyone know a way to disable stat tracking through the console?

I rented a private game server from Atari and opened a support ticket asking the same question. The tech that responded told me to come here, and you guys could probably help me.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

-BZ

:withstupid: