PDA

View Full Version : Beta Test: Win32 Tickrate Fix

Azazel
6th October, 2002, 02:21 AM
TNSe has sent in a possible tickrate fix that may affect some UT servers.

The problem is tickrate not performing how it should.
For example, a server with a tickrate of 20 should be doing updates every

1000/20 = 50ms

If it does this great, your server will be nice and stable.

If your server is more than 10% out, eg 55ms or above then it won't feel as stable to the clients which is where this fix comes in :)

So .. to test if your server is behaving well download DivInfo (http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=61) and follow its installation instructions.
The connect to your server and in the console type <code>mutate ShowTickrate</code>
This will tell you whether your server is behaving or not.

If you find its not then try TNSes Tick Fix (http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=getit&amp;lid=62) and post your results here :thup:

riv
6th October, 2002, 10:09 AM
DivInfo....will that only work on Win-servers ?

I tryed to use it on one of my *nix-servers, and it failed to load:
Failed to load 'DivInfo': Can't find file for package 'Botpack'
Failed to load 'Class DivInfo.DI_Mutator': Can't find file for package 'Botpack'
Failed to load 'Class DivInfo.DI_Mutator': Can't find file for package 'Botpack'

Seems like a nice mutator...but will/can it work on *nix-servers ?

Btw, I am using dedicated-full-Linux-file.

---
Correction.../me is stupid...sorry...was using it in UT2k3.
Btw...will this be ported to UT2k3 someday :) ?

Racer
6th October, 2002, 11:06 AM
ok, sounds good. I´ll test it on my Windos Dedi.

Racer
6th October, 2002, 11:24 AM
Hmmm didn´t realise any chances ;-()

prator
7th October, 2002, 06:02 PM
I put the files into my System directory on my Win32 machine, and I get the same errors that riv got above.

Edit: Doh. Just realized that this was not UT2k3 also. Geez. I don't think I can comprehend anymore.

-prator

Shaggy
11th October, 2002, 06:07 AM
Hi,

Just tried this on my server which was showing almost 10% error on the tickrate (54.8ms/tick or 18/19 ticks/sec).

Noticed absolutely no difference after applying the fix ???

Does the fix only work on bringing the tickrate back to within the 10% if it has gone beyond this threshold?

Shaggy

Azazel
16th October, 2002, 12:38 AM
According to TNSe "Yes it does"

Shaggy
17th October, 2002, 01:12 AM
Bugger!!! Can he make it a 5% threshold??? ;)

CKStan
19th March, 2003, 10:11 PM
Hi I have installed the patch on my win2k server and am getting 85ms with an 'Expected 50ms' tickrate....What does this mean? and how can I get round this?

CKStan
20th March, 2003, 05:53 PM
Also, in addition the server has started crashing for some reason. I dont know if it because of the 'fix' I have put on or just coincidence.

Below is the image I get when my PC crashes...I dont know if any of you can say what is causing it and how I should get around it?

http://jonathon.u44.infinology.com/files/misc/error1.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated

Airborne
26th October, 2003, 10:17 PM
thanks will give it a try.
Will these work on ut2k3 servers as well?

Azazel
27th October, 2003, 01:32 AM
No, only UT sorry

DJ-Edge
27th October, 2003, 04:46 PM
Before install of TF I had 14-15 ticks, now I have 18. Server set to 20. So I guess my server is still not behaving, what can be reason for such difference? Only crappy thing in the server is the netcard, does that influence on tickrate..?

Cya,
Edge

T-Bone
26th April, 2004, 09:34 PM
Installed the fix...and although it runs ok....I have no change...NONE.

Gambit
29th October, 2007, 06:39 AM
sorry, i'm somewhat new to this. server behaving or not.... can you clarify on how one can know? Also, how can I find server ms? If that's the f6 ping, I noticed it changes greatly on my server whether my clientside netspeed is 5500 or 20000

I tried divinfo and typed in "mutate showtickrate" for my 1v1 server. Not sure if these numbers are good/bad but I have my tickrate set to 45. Can anyone make an example of how to find the ideal tickrate for a server using divinfo and tnse tickrate fix? This is what I got:

"Server Tickrate is set at 45.0. Server did 42 ticks last second.
Expected deltaTime 22.222221ms. Average deltaTime 23.8775415ms"