PDA

View Full Version : Free UT2003 Dedicated Server and Web Admin Not Working?

BraK
7th October, 2002, 04:43 PM
I set up a dedicated server on a machine but the Web Admin don't work. I went into the UT2003.ini file and made sure the webadmin was "enabled" I set the user name and password and it still does NOT work. When I put the ip in Explorer the dialog box for user name and pass pops up but when I enter the info it does not do anything and after 3 trys it says Unauthorized. Am i missing something? :dontgetit:

I tried setting the Username to Admin. I know both Username and Password are case sensitive! Help!

Rooster
7th October, 2002, 05:01 PM
Sounds like it's working, but you're not typing in the correct username/password. Have you tried setting it in the UCC command line? Or are you using the updated Webadmin.u file (not sure exact name of file).

Sloth
7th October, 2002, 05:05 PM
In the ut2003.ini under
[Engine.GameInfo]

add this line:
AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni

login into webadmin using:
user name:Admin
password:Admin

Then you have full control to do what ever you want.

NOTE: Name and pw are case sensitive.
:)

BraK
7th October, 2002, 05:19 PM
If this works where do I set the username and password?

Thanks for your help!

Sloth
7th October, 2002, 05:23 PM
After you've logged in you'll see a link at the top named "Admins & Groups" from there you can add/modify admin/groups/users pw's and rights.

Azazel
7th October, 2002, 06:09 PM
Go back to the home page and click Tips & Tutorials for a UT2003 Web Admin one :)

JBoss
30th October, 2002, 09:54 PM
I'm having the same problem with webadmin not accepting the username/password. I tried Admin/Admin (case sensitive) and tried changing the password line in the "ut2003.ini" file and still won't let me in. Any other ideas?

Killing
31st October, 2002, 12:39 AM
See:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=9

GrimJack
31st October, 2002, 09:11 PM
Ok I've done what you said....Tried the Admin/Admin combo every way I can think of....still cant get into WebAdmin

I know somewhere there is a file that has the webadmin PW & attributes in it.....whats the file name & can I just erase it & let it reconfigure?

Killing
31st October, 2002, 09:14 PM
What webadmin are using? Standard or Xadmin? Xadmins default user/password is Admin/Admin. Standard doesnt have a default both must be specified on the command line.

GrimJack
31st October, 2002, 10:26 PM
ok I was using standard..........and I can get in to admin now thru it (put it in the startup) BUT I cant add other admins......what am I missing now?

(btw thx for the help)

TheCatcher
31st October, 2002, 10:58 PM
I believe you can only add other admins if you are using XAdmin.

GrimJack
31st October, 2002, 11:08 PM
yeah I got it working now......pure noob stupidity, thanks for the help guys :thumbup:

Whiteshaman
2nd November, 2002, 06:55 AM
I just installed the NEW patch on my server and now everything is loused up. I CANNOT get into my server via website...... my graphics card in my server sux so there is no loading the game normally (it crashes when i do this) the login screen comes up and I have tried everybodys ideas here.... and yes I know the update overwrites the .ini file and i put all that back but it wont work when I log in...... tried all combos of admin but it always says no....... whats up?

GrimJack
3rd November, 2002, 04:14 PM
ok what I did

strip out the old server & reload (start fresh)

get the batch file from the tutorial section & go thru the ini to set things

MAKE SURE YOU ERASE ANY LOG FILES......for some reason mine wouldnt read the old logs...it had to create new ones

make the switch to advanced options fopr WebAdmin by changing to the XAdmin setup in the tutorials

make SURE you copy the Instabgib texture file over (that isnt mentioned in the stuff about copying the System sub dir

basically erase it all & start from scratch with the patched version...I couldnt use any of my file from the 1st set.........it was a pain BUT it works great......

if you dont want to use the advanced webadmin, just put the ADMIN & PW in the command line like the tutorial says

good luck :thumbup: