PDA

View Full Version : Vista 32bit Issues

maximum_jason
12th December, 2007, 08:23 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having a problem while playing UT99 online on a UTDC 2.0c server under Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.

On loading a fresh game, I can connect to the server without issue, but as soon as the match end's and UT goes to connect for the next map, it lock's up as UTDC is attempting to verify my client software. So i'm forced to close UT via the task manager, load the game back up, and reconnect to the server in order to keep playing.

Sometime's i'll be able to go multiple session's before it locks up (no more than 3 games in a row thus far) and this is completely random as far as I can tell. Rebooting and Cold Booting my PC doesn't seem to impact this at all.

I've tried different Video driver's, some beta driver's as well, and Vista has all the latest update (not sure if this would have any bearing on it) and I even have port forwarding on my router enabled specifically for UT. There are no Firewall's present, and Windows Defender and Security Center are both disabled. The only anti-virus i'm using is AVG 7.5 (free edition).

Any suggestion's would be much appreciated.

Thank's in advance.

[RNG]H3av3N
27th December, 2007, 09:53 PM
I am having exactly the same problem.

Firstly this was only happening on the BSC Snipermania - but now also on TR server ( presume that they have updated to the UTDC 2.0c also )

I have completed a clean install of UT and can play one map, but as soon as the map changes, and the UTDC client is being checked, it will lock up on my PC ( running Vista Ultimate 32-bit ) and then I have to CTRL / ALT / DEL to get Task Manager, and then force UT to close and then restart it.

*edit*

I have also read where a couple of people have checked the permissions of the files within a Vista User account, and given full read / write access to the directory, which I have also already done - but it still locks up on a map change.

[RNG]H3av3N
29th December, 2007, 04:29 PM
This is definately specific to UTDC2.0 - as I have played on several servers running UTDC1.8 today, and no problems at all.

[RNG]H3av3N
1st January, 2008, 06:37 PM
*bump*

[RNG]H3av3N
5th January, 2008, 12:42 PM
Guess there is no support for Vista users, having to use UTDC v2.0C

Off to find some other servers then I guess....

[RNG]H3av3N
9th January, 2008, 11:05 AM
I've found the issue with this.

Im not going to post the answer on here, due to the lack of support that was received, as in none, but if anyone else is having the same problems on vista - then PM me - and I will let you know what I did.

SixtSense
9th January, 2008, 10:48 PM
I had this problem, but it solved by it self i think it where the latest updates from vista