PDA

View Full Version : Retail server Hosting problems.

Ink$linger
17th December, 2007, 03:41 AM
Hi ya'll.
I am trying to host a server. Not a dedicated server though, mainly want to play some co-op Campaign With my friend in Georgia from here in Oklahoma.
When I try to start a server I always get this message...

"Your network configuration is not compatable with hosting matches. Please check your router's manual for instructions on setting up 'Port Forwarding' or a 'DMZ server'."

I've read everything I can find here and everywhere else and tried most things that were suggested.
My router is a Di-524, The Dsl (windstream) modem is a Speedstream 4200.
I have tried port forwarding, Dmz, Taking my Di-524 out of the picture does not help either. Not sure how to proceed from here and would really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks!

b][rch.Co30
17th December, 2007, 02:34 PM
If your router is set up properly with port 6500 udp and 7777 udp forwarded - just try starting a LAN game. You need to be patched to run a game behind NAT/DMZ. Your friend will also need to be patched to connect.

As an aside, I'm playing an offline campaign and it gives me that message too regardless, I just start the game anyway.

Ink$linger
17th December, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hi thanks for the response. Have you tried to allow a friend to join that is not on your Lan? I have had those ports forwarded but no luck. I can play the campaign alone and do. But we really want to play it co-op. Also I did not get that NAT error message untill after I installed the patch. Hosting never worked before the patch. Just didn't give me the error. Thank you again.

D34thbring3r
18th December, 2007, 01:28 PM
I am having the exact same issue that Ink$linger is having. I have verified port forwarding and DMZ set up as well as being patched. But when I start the game immediately get the message now about my network not being properly set up to host a game. When we try....they can see my server and when attempting to connect to it...it just stays in the screen saying connecting and goes no further. Do not have this issue when using 2K3 to set up and play hosting a game. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

sammyboy405
19th December, 2007, 02:12 AM
Hi ya'll.
I am trying to host a server. Not a dedicated server though, mainly want to play some co-op Campaign With my friend in Georgia from here in Oklahoma.
When I try to start a server I always get this message...

"Your network configuration is not compatable with hosting matches. Please check your router's manual for instructions on setting up 'Port Forwarding' or a 'DMZ server'."

I've read everything I can find here and everywhere else and tried most things that were suggested.
My router is a Di-524, The Dsl (windstream) modem is a Speedstream 4200.
I have tried port forwarding, Dmz, Taking my Di-524 out of the picture does not help either. Not sure how to proceed from here and would really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks!

Whoo hoo another Fellow Okie playing.. haller at me on Yahoo we will hook up quite a few of us play UT here. We also have our own dedicated server as well. Lemme know if you interested.

sorry was off topic but couldn't help it. UT okie players are very Sparse!!

Ink$linger
20th December, 2007, 02:38 PM
Still not working... Anyone have any suggestions???

vl4d
24th December, 2007, 02:17 AM
It seems that the addition of STUN in the 1.1 patch isn't very friendly with a lot of routers.

Hers's (http://mususumbra.blogspot.com/2007/12/hosting-ut3-games-truly-daft-solution.html) some details and info for a bit of a wonky work around.

Ink$linger
25th December, 2007, 07:15 AM
Sweet, Thanks. I have been using Himachi to play campaign, and it is a real pain because I have to re-enter my cd key every time that I boot the game. So this wonky workaround my be better in the long run than the other wonky one. I will try this tomorrow and post my results... Thank you

vl4d
26th December, 2007, 05:19 AM
I finally had my server listed in the game browser list today for a very short period, two or three folks joined in. After a application hang of the server and restart, I can no longer get my server to appear in the server browser list. I've tried several starts of the computer and server, but it's still not showing up in the server browser.

It's becoming a bit frustrating!

Ink$linger
26th December, 2007, 11:26 PM
I finally had my server listed in the game browser list today for a very short period, two or three folks joined in. After a application hang of the server and restart, I can no longer get my server to appear in the server browser list. I've tried several starts of the computer and server, but it's still not showing up in the server browser.

It's becoming a bit frustrating!

I agree. I am trying to teach myself how to run a STUN server so I can use the workaround that you suggested. I am such a command line noob. I seem to be totally clueless about the whole thing. I need to find a tutorial...

flasher
28th December, 2007, 04:29 AM
enable DMZ and add the ip of the server pc to your router or modem,
DMZ opens all ports but must have ip adress of the pc you want to run server with.
find ip buy start/run then type cmd then hit enter and type ipconfig hit enter and copy ip at top.

Ink$linger
29th December, 2007, 03:58 AM
Hey thanks flasher... I Have tried that and just about everything I can find... The Wonky solution worked for my friend but not for me. He only has a dsl modem. I am running a router behind mine and I guess getting through that is the problem. Still not sure what will fix this. And I appreciate all Ideas submitted.