PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Server wont work

tenshinhan10
27th December, 2007, 03:08 PM
Hello,

i try to install the ut3 server on my root. I run ut99, ut2004 (and ut3demo server) on same maschine without problems. I allways get the same error output with ut3 server:

Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ../UTGame/Config/UTEditor.ini
Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ../UTGame/Config/UTEditorUserSettings.ini
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Couldn't locate '..EngineConfigBaseEngine.ini' which is required to run 'UT'

I never see a EngineConfigBaseEngine.ini in the Paths from the Server. I try the same with and without -nohomedir and some other parameters - but nothing will work. Could you give me some advice?

my current start parameter:
./ut3-bin server DM-ShangriLa?MaxPlayers=24?MinPlayers=0?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?ServerDescribition=123000072000067000071000125000085000084000051000045000083000069000082000086000069000082000?GamePassword=?AdminPassword=XXXXX -log=ut.log -Login=XXXX -Password=XXX -nohomedir -multihome xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -Port 7777 -QueryPort 7787 -unattended

p.s. got the same output with ut3 instead of ut3-bin (library path included)

tenshinhan10
27th December, 2007, 07:24 PM
I reinstalled the server from another source and try it again. I test with root and normal user. I get it working now - but sometimes after some starts the problem occurs again and i need to clear the configs that the server generated with his first start.

Could it be that multihome, queryport and nohomedir parameter are not correct working ?

tenshinhan10
27th December, 2007, 11:01 PM
After a lot of testing - i got following results:

My start parameters are ok now (got it working) - the problem seems to be somewhere else:

If i use a fresh install - it work perfect. But at this moment i changed something in the UTEngine.ini the Server wont work anymore and show the error output from above. I changed only the port from 7777 to 6200 - nothing more. Even i have change it back - server wont work anymore.

If have to delete the configs that the server generate with his first start:
UTCustomChar.ini
UTEditor.ini
UTEditorUserSettings.ini
UTEngine.ini
UTGame.ini
UTInput.ini
UTUI.ini
UTUIDataStore_Registry_0.ini
UTWeapon.ini

then it works again (until i try to change one of this).

What could this be ? A Problem with homedir ??

KRIS_PL
28th December, 2007, 09:06 AM
After a lot of testing - i got following results:

My start parameters are ok now (got it working) - the problem seems to be somewhere else:

If i use a fresh install - it work perfect. But at this moment i changed something in the UTEngine.ini the Server wont work anymore and show the error output from above. I changed only the port from 7777 to 6200 - nothing more. Even i have change it back - server wont work anymore.

If have to delete the configs that the server generate with his first start:
UTCustomChar.ini
UTEditor.ini
UTEditorUserSettings.ini
UTEngine.ini
UTGame.ini
UTInput.ini
UTUI.ini
UTUIDataStore_Registry_0.ini
UTWeapon.ini

then it works again (until i try to change one of this).

What could this be ? A Problem with homedir ??

When You write something to file You shown, its possible You change permission to it and sarver can't read them...

tenshinhan10
28th December, 2007, 05:49 PM
I checked the chmod - permession wasnt changed. I test even chmod 777 for this config files - same problem happen again:

Critical: Couldn't locate '..EngineConfigBaseEngine.ini' which is required to run 'UT'

I tested it and set only some spaces at the end of the UTEngine.ini - same happen again - no change in user or chmod of the file. I didnt understand that.

Next thing that show me, that has nothing todo with chmod - if delete only the UTEngine.ini and restart the Server - the same Error Output again - but with other Configtext at the end:

Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ../UTGame/Config/UTEditor.ini
Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ../UTGame/Config/UTEditorUserSettings.ini
Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ../UTGame/Config/UTEngine.ini
Critical: Couldn't locate '..EngineConfigBaseGame.ini' which is required to run 'UT'

I realy must delete all of the files that the server generated in UTGame/Config on his first start to get it working. Never had such a problem with other games.

Im realy disapointed - the demoserver was buggy and the fullversion too. Linux Support should be improved!

KRIS_PL
28th December, 2007, 11:21 PM

p.s. got the same output with ut3 instead of ut3-bin (library path included)

my demo server and full version doesnt start with ut3-bin, i had similar error as Your, but cant check it at the moment, do you realy tried to run it by ./ut3 server DM-ShangriLa.... etc string?

tenshinhan10
28th December, 2007, 11:45 PM
The ut3 script does only one thing - linking to the libary for physx. I put this libary in the lib dir of the server - so that isnt nesseary anymore. Currently i test same things on other linux version and didnt got this errors - i will test a bit more and give a feedback after this.

tenshinhan10
4th January, 2008, 05:11 PM
I could find the problem - it seems that suse linux isnt the best choise for ut3 - with debian linux i didnt get the same problem again. Some other people here with suse ?