PDA

View Full Version : Server crashes

SoNY_scarface
29th April, 2010, 03:36 PM
I am at wits end with my server crashing so regularly.

Since we v06q went public, my server randomly started crashing. Before a public release was made, it ran fine, flawlessly in fact.

The server was also fine from v6j through to v6p. I don't know what has changed apart from the crash exploit patch (within ACE) and also the NAT files, but this really is driving me crazy!

I understand that ACE is free and BETA software, however these crashes simply were not happening before during & private BETA.

I am running a Linux box on Ubuntu 8 Hardy version as OS. I run 1 public, populated server from the box which is the siege server. The combogib was recently opened to public and is not populated much.

Anyhow, I have tried: WINE with windows install of UT, VM, opening more TCP ports (20 to be exact), disabling the firewall completely, I even tried running the server as root (I know bad idea but I was testing).

None of the above fix the issues. I really like ACE and since I was involved in the BETA testing program, I would hate to just have to drop using it now.

I know understand that the Linux IPDRV.so has been rewritten twice from scratch already but the crash rate is becoming unbareable. I am having to monitor the server from work during the day and reboot the server each time from the SSH APP on my iPhone :eek:

Like I said, these crashes only started happening oddly since the public release :/

Help!!

Sp0ngeb0b
29th April, 2010, 03:53 PM
I also had crashed, in the ACE topic they said that they've fixed it with a new ACEIpDrv or something. I had to remove ACE untill next version comes out.

SoNY_scarface
29th April, 2010, 03:59 PM
I also had crashed, in the ACE topic they said that they've fixed it with a new ACEIpDrv or something. I had to remove ACE untill next version comes out.

I think my issue is different since the issue is related to OS and ACEIpDrv.so

I have tried 3 different rewrites from Anth on this and still no luck.

Does anyone know what OS ProjectFrag run on the tammy box?

Genecom
29th April, 2010, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know what OS ProjectFrag run on the tammy box?

Windows Server.

SoNY_scarface
29th April, 2010, 07:45 PM
Windows Server.

Not that you would have had to or anything, but have you guys tried running a UT server with WINE? I tried running a server with WINE and it pretty much only lasted 10 minutes before switching back to the Linux server. Does anybody else have these issues with Ubuntu/Linux?

I really need a fix for this :/

madrixis
30th April, 2010, 08:32 AM
running fine on debian 4 and 5 here. (console only)

SoNY_scarface
30th April, 2010, 09:15 AM
running fine on debian 4 and 5 here. (console only)

I thought it might be gnome desktop related. I uninstalled it just to make sure it wasn't conflicting with the desktop environment but the server would still crash. These crashes are intermittent but regular enough to warrant around 6 server starts per day. Sometimes, my server would be offline overnight because only limited number of us have root access.

AnthraX
30th April, 2010, 05:14 PM
there are many unfixed bugs in the engine that can cause crashes but most people will only see them if they run enough mods on their server. Unfortunately ACE often seems to be the drop. To give you an idea of the possible causes of this crash, here's a snippet from the ServerCrashFix v1.1 code (will be out next week):

// =============================================================================
// ServerCrashFix v1.1 - (c) 2009-2010 AnthraX
// =============================================================================
// Fixes for:
// * Malformed String Exploit (http://aluigi.org/adv/unrfs-adv.txt)
// * Fake Player DoS (http://aluigi.altervista.org/fakep/unrealfp.zip)
// Several new fixes added in 1.1:
// * Exec fix (prevents crashes caused by "GET" consolecommands)
// * Malloc fix (prevents crashes caused by multithreaded access to FMalloc)
// * Signal handler fix (installs custom signal handlers for better crash logging in linux)
// * OS Timer fix (windows only, requests high resolution timer)
// * Affinity fix (can be used to force CPU Core affinity on SMP systems)
// * TickRate fix (replaces appSeconds() by a multicore safe method)
// Cross-platform (although some linux v436 servers might need a Core.so update)
// Not compatible with AnthChecker NetFix (SCF will disable this fix automatically)

SoNY_scarface
30th April, 2010, 07:01 PM
Could you incorporate HTTP viewclient crashes into this aswell? I will give you certain commands which crash servers with HTTP viewclient.