PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2166: No matching Delta for Packages.md5 ???

posterChild
20th December, 2002, 02:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I am attempting to patch my 2136 Linux server to 2166 using ./update ut2k3_dedicated (also tried ./loki_update ut2k3_dedicated) and keep getting the following error during "Performing Update/Updating files":

[code:1:00d79766a1]
-> PATCH FILE System/Packages.md5
ERROR: No matching delta for /usr/local/games/ut2003_dedicated/System/Packages.md5
The program returned an error code (3)
Update failed[/code:1:00d79766a1]

Fwiw, I am running the update as root.

Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions on fixing it or getting around it?

Thanks

elmuerte
20th December, 2002, 03:21 PM
That is normal, there was sort of a misunderstanding about the updater. Ryan will release a fixed update soon.
There are two ways to get around this, one of them is pretty difficult (it involves editing the actual patch).
The easiest way to update the server is by using the tarball available from:
http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/mirror/dl.php?file=ut2003lnx_patch2166.tar.bz2
(just untar it, `tar xvjf ut2003lnx_patch2166.tar.bz2` and copy the content to the system dir)
This will break support for the updater at the moment, when when Ryan releases the new fixed patches it will no longer be a problem.

elmuerte
20th December, 2002, 03:27 PM
For people that want to try the difficult way of updating the server instructions will follow (only do this when you have enough knowledge):
1) download the patch for your server (retail or dedicated) from http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/mirror/
2) exatrct the content of the patch with the following command
sh ./the-ut2003-patch --keep --target /tmp/temppath
3) chdir to /tmp/temppath
4) open de patch.dat file
5) delete the block text about Packages.md5
6) save the file
7) run ./update.sh (you may need to set some envoirement variables, check the update.sh file for details)

This will update the server and keep the updater working (not that wil realy matters when the new patches become avialable)

teletoeffel
22nd December, 2002, 01:52 PM
:) As in the subject stated, I copied the Packages.md5 from my full Windows Retail Version to my Linux dedicated Server box - and the update simply worked fine.

13th_Disciple
22nd December, 2002, 07:50 PM
:) As in the subject stated, I copied the Packages.md5 from my full Windows Retail Version to my Linux dedicated Server box - and the update simply worked fine.

would be very interested to know if this causes you any problems at all in game.. anything in your logs about errors that wasn't there before?

i thought about doing this myself, but thought maybe something might go a miss if i took a windows retail Packages.md5 and placed it on a linux dedicated server..

and just so i understand this correctly, all you did was copy the Packages.md5 from the System folder of your Windows retail install and place it in the System directory of yout linux dedicated server install.. correct?

teletoeffel
22nd December, 2002, 09:59 PM
- No errors or problems while playing.
- Just backup (mv Packages.md5 Packages.md5.backup) the file

I think the update just look for every file to be original - my Packages.md5 wasn't.

13th_Disciple
22nd December, 2002, 10:46 PM
ok.. tried the Packages.md5 deal, and still got the no delta error..

does recreating the packages.md5 help this at all? i don't really wanna do the tarball deal as that is a long way around the block.. would much prefer to just use the ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin script and let it rip..

elmuerte
22nd December, 2002, 11:45 PM
the 2166 patch want's a unalterd packages.md5 file from the 2136.
You could extract the packages.md5 from the 2136 tarball and then run the patch again. This should work too I think.

13th_Disciple
23rd December, 2002, 01:34 AM
cool.. thanks Muerte.. will give that a shot as well..

edit--

that worked like a charm.. server is now 2166.. thanks again for all your input, Muerte!!

edit--

teletoeffel
23rd December, 2002, 09:07 AM
I'm glad everything is fine now. I would like to ad, that my Windows Retail Version was patched to 2136. So basicaly it was the same file as in the tarball.

Sorry for not explaining that, too.
:withstupid: