PDA

View Full Version : Dual UT2003/UT2003 Bonus server...

rjch
16th March, 2003, 01:10 PM
Bit of history...

I've been running a UT2003 server for some time running MapVote, and would like to start a second server on the same machine only giving the Epic Bonus Pack gametypes as options. I'm running into problems and am not sure if I'm taking the right approach.

Since MapVote ignores maplists and simply goes on the list of files in a directory and I don't want the bonus pack maps to appear on my non-bonus pack server, I've created Animations.bonus, Music.bonus, StaticMeshes.bonus, Textures.bonus, Maps.bonus, Sounds.bonus and System.bonus directories. In these directories, I've put all the bonus pack files, and created symbolic links back to the original directories for those files that have not changed.

I've made a copy of my UT2003.ini file as UT2003bonus.ini and made the appropriate changes to this file as shown by the upgrade script. I've changed the port of this server and modified the paths to point to the *.bonus directories and made the appropriate changes to the MapVote setup to offer the right gametypes.

My startup script is as follows:- (on one line of course)
./ucc server DM-1on1-Mixer.ut2?Game=SkaarjPack.Invasion?Mutator=MapVote400b9.MapVote,xGame.MutQuadJump?AutoAdjust=True?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni?WeaponsStay=True -multihome=202.59.106.66 -ini=UT2003bonus.ini -log=srvrbonus.log -nohomedir

This yeilds the following results...

Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Unreal engine initialized
(Karma): Beginning Karma for game.
(Karma): Creating MeAssetDB.
(Karma): Loading: Alien.ka
(Karma): Loading: Bot.ka
(Karma): Loading: Human.ka
(Karma): Loading: intro.ka
(Karma): Loading: jugg.ka
(Karma): Finished Creating MeAssetDB (12 Assets).

Backtrace:
[ 1] ./Core.so [0x4097969a]
[ 2] /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 [0x40039f75]
[ 3] ./ucc-bin [0x42029188]
[ 4] ./Engine.so(Init__11UGameEngine+0x3bd) [0x401de571]
[ 5] ./Engine.so(Main__17UServerCommandletPCw+0xb7) [0x401ca50f]
[ 6] ./ucc-bin(main+0x35e8) [0x80547b8]
[ 7] ./ucc-bin(__libc_start_main+0x95) [0x42017589]
[ 8] ./ucc-bin(Log__13FOutputDeviceRC7FString+0x39) [0x8050d41]
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.
Exiting.
Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Name subsystem shut down
Allocation checking disabled
./utbonus: line 2: 28696 Segmentation fault ./ucc server DM-1on1-Mixer.ut2?Game=SkaarjPack.Invasion?Mutator=MapVote400b9.MapVote,xGame.MutQuadJump?AutoAdjust=True?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni?WeaponsStay=True -multihome=202.59.106.66 -ini=UT2003bonus.ini -log=srvrbonus.log -nohomedir

I'll be damned if I can work out exactly what I'm doing wrong. The bonus pack I'm using is exactly the same one I applied to my Windows retail game which works a treat.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

elmuerte
16th March, 2003, 06:32 PM
do you have write access in the system directory ?

rjch
16th March, 2003, 10:21 PM
Yes. I'm attempting to run the second server as the same user as the first server. The first server is working fine. I do all maintenance on the server as the same user that runs the server.

I've never had a problem using symbolic links for files in the past, though I'm beginning to wonder if I should have used hard links. Might give that a try and see how I go.

rjch
17th March, 2003, 12:58 AM
Short version is that I can't seem to get a dual-server setup working the way I want to. Neither static nor hard links work properly. In addition to that, the modifications to the System directory confuse the heck out of the server when running in bonus pack mode.

The only way I've been able to get it to work properly in any way, shape or form is to create a completely separate directory structure for the bonus pack. I'm still having problems getting my bonus server going, though I'll check the forums before asking for help on that one... :)

RookieWan
23rd May, 2003, 09:49 PM
I ran into weird problems setting up multiple DM servers on one linux installation. Basically if the name of the ini file resembled another too much it would screw things up big time.
I started with ut2003.ini and ut2003_2.ini and noticed the 2nd port would use the settings of the 1st one, but when I renamed the 2nd ini to 2_ut2003.ini all of a sudden it did work. ???