PDA

View Full Version : odd little dot in screen shot

woopedupon
27th June, 2003, 04:41 AM
Hey all, I got a question... I was playin a member of my clan and she was cheatin I'm sure, now I don't mind if that player was just kidding around and told me, but since they wouldn't, I wanna try to point it out to this player, that we don't tolerate cheating. But I will have to prove it first, my word that I saw this person do 180's instantly and also tracked another player while typing (so obvious). so any ways...

the member posted the screen shots of the game, and there is a little grey dot down in the right lower side, half off the screen in every screen shot this player took... Is this an indication of an aim bot? ( i know that's what she was using)... I can email it if you'd like to see it....

If anyone could tell me what aim bot makes this dot, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Woopedupon

http://vbx.no-ip.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3675

woopedupon
30th June, 2003, 02:21 PM
Well someone voted yes to the post, but no replies... I was hopeing I could get some info about it, like what bot made it etc, if anyone can help I'd really apreciate it...

Thanks Again though for voting :)

Cheers!! :gulp:

Woopedupon

LexiconDevil
1st July, 2003, 08:01 PM
It's kinda hard to say for sure, Post or link a screenshot of it and someone might know what it is.

could be aimbot or some form or radar...of course it could be alot of things too, without the screenie most of us can't tell :D

woopedupon
3rd July, 2003, 05:07 AM
Well here it is.... the dot... It was on all her screen shots...

http://130.113.45.102/funnylittledot.jpg

another thing, when I was spectating, I saw her player tracking another player while she was chatting.... (can you say aimbot)

:gulp: Cheers

LexiconDevil
3rd July, 2003, 07:12 AM
sounds like an aimbots to me...the dot doesn't seem to mean anything tho....it could be radar tho and she simply edited the image before posting it, unless u see that viewing her.....i think newer radar has the name taken out of the HUD tho....

but that isn't to say it is an aimbot, sometimes, especailly when dodging/frontflipping it seems like the players shoot outta thier arse or shoot on 45 degree angles.

BUT, tracking a player while talking is definately a way to find out, get her to type and run circles around her, if she follows, try using feigndeath which cuts off the tracking.

widowmaker
3rd July, 2003, 11:44 AM
record some demos of her also.

woopedupon
3rd July, 2003, 01:29 PM
Hey thanks a lot for the replys.

To bad the dot isn't a sure indication. These dots are on every screen shot that was posted where she cleaned up, "Big Time" (to much for her skills) and allways apears in the same spot, same hight, size color everything. The dot doesn't appear in any of her shots where she battled noobies and won just barely (showing her real skills).

I like the demo idea though, never really thought of that. I'll give it a go!

Tnx again all for your help.

LexiconDevil
3rd July, 2003, 09:36 PM
the dot is definately suspicious...to me it looks like whatever cheat shes using has an indicator in the HUD and she's tried to cover it up...but that my opinion, there may be a proper explanation.

AcidSh17
26th July, 2003, 01:27 AM
It looks like somthing I would do in MS Paint in my spare time...