PDA

View Full Version : Connection Lost

TheAphextwin
29th June, 2003, 03:34 AM
Guys,

I'm getting really frustrated ??? I keep getting dropped from servers, any server, for no apparent reason. I get on a server and am playing fine, it can last 20 minutes or it can last 5 minutes or anywhere in between. I cannot see any pattern with it, all I know is that it is really getting old :look:

FYI I am running behind a linksys 8-port router and have no problems with any of my other games. I am all patched up to date.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

LexiconDevil
1st July, 2003, 08:15 PM
can u tell us what kind of error you're getting?

there is a D3D skin hack out there that when used drops players using Direct3D to run ut...this may be your problem, there is 3 ways to fix this exploit
1.any user running D3D can simply turn down their HUD size from lowest to mid and it will not display the avatar of players(which i think is useless anyways)
2.get the client side fix here
http://forums.utpure.com/attachment.php?s=4082fef8273ae68de425f1f976798927&postid=9071
3.there's a serverside fix but the clientside is better i'm told

if that not what it is, more info on how you get dropped would help anyone get you the info u need. :D

TheAphextwin
1st July, 2003, 08:42 PM
LexiconDevil,

Thanks for your response.

I do not see any error in the console on a disconnect, is there a log that I can look at that may record such errors?

I run HUD with show score and show enemy names only.

I have changed my D3D settings from custom high quality settings to Application Preference to see if that helps.

System Specs
Dell P4 3.02 HT
ATI 9700 pro 128meg with Catalyst v3.5 drivers
1gig RAM
200 gig HD
18" Ultra Sharp LCD

LexiconDevil
1st July, 2003, 09:12 PM
ok so it's not D3D....
1.are u maybe running ut with the 451 patch?
this patch only works with pure6c at the moment and shouldn't be used client side for now
2.or trying to connect to servers running the 451 patch?
3.does your ping spike before getting dropped? possibly an isp problem with servers using a lag-kick mod
4.are u running the creative 436 patch?this version is known to have problems with servers running 451, in most cases tho people get stuck on the "conecting" screen

i wouldn't assume that its a problem with your router since u say it works with other games fine.
I'm really not sure yet, but there's a few more possibilies to consider looking into and i'll try and think of a few more

BTW nice system specs :D

TheAphextwin
1st July, 2003, 09:30 PM
LexiconDevil

I failed to mention that I am using UT2K3 and not UT, sorry if this has caused you to run on a wild goose chase :look:

I am running ver.2225 of UT2K3

LexiconDevil
1st July, 2003, 10:01 PM
lol np

u should probly post this in the ut2003 part of the forums then :D

i was wondering there, cause i've never seen anything like that in UT :laugh:

TheAphextwin
1st July, 2003, 10:17 PM
Sorry mate I could have sworn I was in the right forum :sheep: