PDA

View Full Version : AllowDownloads for new maps not working for ded. LAN server.

spill
7th April, 2004, 01:48 PM
I have the dedicated server working for an upcoming lan party... lan access works fine, as well as persons connecting form the net to join in the games, so client connectivity is not a problem at all. server is completely stable and cycles through all maps just fine (except for Icarus in ONS, but that's another problem).

Since this is going to be for a lan party in a few days, I was hoping to have maps available for Autodownload directly from the game server... since bandwith on a 100mbit connection should provide speedy delivery of any maps to any lan clients that don't have them... rather than have them hit an external ip to download the maps before playing.

REGARDLESS of what I set the .ini file up for, no downloading is possible. I've even gone so far as to try removing the Redirect* declaration, still no luck. I can remove a map for testing (in this case ONS-Ascendancy) from a windows client on the lan, and i get the all too familiar "Connection failed Downloading 'ONS-Ascendancy' not allowed" when I connect while that map is running on the Linux server.

I really am not interested in using a redirect server of any kind. Is the AllowDownloads directive on the dedicated Linux server horribly broken?

Thanks for any info. .ini snippets follow:

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
ConnectionTimeout=20.0
InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=15000
MaxInternetClientRate=10000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
MaxDownloadSize=0 <---------------added myself, no effect apparently
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=False
LogPortUnreach=False
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

-spill
[/b]

spill
7th April, 2004, 11:16 PM
erf.

Nevermind. Obviously posted this in the wrong forum, and in the meatime I've found and compiled utmapflagger.