PDA

View Full Version : IP log file mod?

TitanTwink
21st February, 2002, 09:18 PM
Is there a mod out somewhere or anything that I can add to a server so that every time a person logs into the server, an entry is added to an IP log file?

If not, is there some way to make it so that when the user comes in, their Name and IP are seperated by a comma, and added to the next line of a file.

Example:
TitanTwink<NeO>, 146.151.130.13
AnotherPlayer, 150.255.204.2

I'm not worried about the file getting too big or their being duplicate entries, because I can always just copy the log and let it start fresh again. But if it did seach for duplicates that is cool too.

-Thanks,
Titan

www.titantwink.com (http://www.titantwink.com)

Larathiel
21st February, 2002, 10:41 PM
What I use to log IPs is actually a chat logger! The program can record a number of events such as Say, TeamSay, Death Messages and IP Addresses, etc. to an HTML log file (you can configure what info you want saved).

I find this really handy because nicely formatted HTML tables are a whole lot easier to read than Text Files, plus it means that I don't have to download the server.log files and search through them.

You can download the latest version from BDB's website: http://www.planetunreal.com/BDBUnreal

HeavyIron
21st February, 2002, 11:13 PM
That webchat logger seems like a great idea :) except it only works with windows based servers :mad:

Know anything like that for linux based servers? :D

Larathiel
22nd February, 2002, 05:42 AM
Contact BDB, and ask him if he'll let you have the source code so that you can recompile it for Linux.

TitanTwink
22nd February, 2002, 05:23 PM
ok, that will kind of work, but I was looking to get a comma seperated txt document that I could then input into a search engine, and look up IP's and Names and shit from a webpage.

Grave
23rd February, 2002, 12:09 AM
you can try playerjoindump server actor, works fine

TitanTwink
23rd February, 2002, 02:53 AM
Grave, can you explain that more? Is that a mod?

Larathiel
23rd February, 2002, 04:55 AM
Player Join Dump simply modifies how the info is recorded in the server.log file to make the Player & IP info easier to find. So that's still not the CSV output you are looking for. Your best bet would probably be to visit BDB's site (which I listed above) and e-mail him with what you need. Since his mod already outputs the data you desire hopefully simplifying the formatting from HTML to CSV should be an easy request.