PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsable admins

Azura
12th June, 2004, 03:27 PM
The following is a perfect example of an admin playing the power game. An example of what one should avoid when in this position :

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=344724

Flak
12th June, 2004, 08:07 PM
Seems more like a clan dispute.

Azura
12th June, 2004, 09:12 PM
Nope, I don't think so. The Unreal Tournament Knights have an excellent reputation and they had the misfortune of coming accross the D12 public server (they actually have their own server). Knowing Questor personally, I've never known him to give out even the slightest bad word.

I've read about many cases similar to this. For example, there's a lone player by the name of Prove who's always getting into trouble on LMS servers. He doesn't whine, he certainly doesn't lame but he is a good player. The 303 clan has gone to great lengths to get rid of him and install a series of no weapon mutators so he can't use the minigun or any other weapon they consider as 'lame' lol.

LeeBe
12th June, 2004, 09:48 PM
I know a player a bit like that, a damn good player, and has had a lot of grief from a lot of clans, not just one.
he has been banned from a lot of servers without any reason except suspicion.

this last time he proved himself by asking if anyone from the clan that banned him would like to come and watch him play.

and so it happened, and they realised there was no foul play and he was legit, and a damn good player :)

but Ive never heard of an admin faking a log because of a problem they had with someone :(
tbh that affects all of us and lessens the reputation and reliability of an admin and his logs.