PDA

View Full Version : Skin Issue!!!

TagMastA
15th June, 2004, 08:36 PM
Ok, i made my own brightskins package for UT99

I have an own Dedicated Server, how do i force clients to automaticly uses my bright skin package, and that they cant change their skin ingame...

All replys are helpfull

Grtz TagMastA

2399Skillz
15th June, 2004, 09:48 PM
I am not sure that this is possible. I will look it up, and see if I can find something remotely possible to this.

This also sounds a little unfair; I mean "bright skins"? For what, so you can see them better?

TagMastA
15th June, 2004, 10:41 PM
For UT2k3 & 2k4 are bright skin packages availble, not for UT99

Want to setup a bright skin server...

TagMastA
15th June, 2004, 10:46 PM
The Bright skins implemented in a sort of game mutator or something

2399Skillz
16th June, 2004, 09:46 PM
Oh I see now. You're posting UT2k3/UT2k4 problems in the UT forum! Glad I got that cleared up.

So this is some sort of a mutator? Can you give the name of the mutator? I can try it out and possibly tell you how to do it, never heard of it, and I haven't messed with UT2k3/UT2k4 much. :)

Thanks,
-Skillz

TagMastA
16th June, 2004, 10:15 PM
Ok, i made my own brightskins package for UT99

I have an own Dedicated Server, how do i force clients to automaticly uses ..... blabla

( FOR UT GOTY THUS ) :P

and i want to make my own sort of mutator / package for UT GOTY for bright skins aight ???

TagMastA
16th June, 2004, 10:18 PM
This is only for UT GOTY ( me = not liking UT 2k3 / 2k4 :P )

... Then i think this is the good forum :P

2399Skillz
17th June, 2004, 04:37 AM
Well, after the confusing part is over. You will need to learn some UScripting. If this mutator/mod is already avilable for UT2k4/2k3 then it SHOULDN'T be hard to port it over to UT. Just depends on the limitations within UT. I'd suggest reading some UScript tutorials to get you started.

This is a basic server admin forum, to help with setting up a server; not programming new mutators. Though, I would help ya if I knew how. I will do some searching and see if I can find anything though.

Goodluck,
-Skillz

MrWhite
17th June, 2004, 08:32 AM
Hmm, i wonder if its possible to remove all other SkinTextures and also the ServerPackage= lines from the server.ini and make your BrightSkin the default one?

TagMastA
17th June, 2004, 07:05 PM
hmz, ok i will try that out MrWhite, (Skillz where i can get Uscript software / tuts ? )

2399Skillz
17th June, 2004, 09:23 PM
Hmm, i wonder if its possible to remove all other SkinTextures and also the ServerPackage= lines from the server.ini and make your BrightSkin the default one?

This might work, however; the textures will still be on the server; so when a client calls for it, the server will be able to display it.

MrWhite
17th June, 2004, 11:56 PM
This might work, however; the textures will still be on the server; so when a client calls for it, the server will be able to display it.
But i was thinking that they should be removed from the Server, and then set the default player in the Servers User.ini :)

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
Class=Brightpack.Something
team=0
skin=YourBrightSkin
Face=YourBrightSkinFace

TagMastA
8th July, 2004, 04:35 PM
Will that work ???

TagMastA
8th July, 2004, 04:42 PM
I'm gonna try it out...

2399Skillz
8th July, 2004, 11:40 PM
You can use UnrealEd to program for UScript, and also this program: http://www.wotgreal.com/

Tutorials can be found almost anywhere. Just run a google search. Here is one that I personally use myself: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki

Removing all the ServerPackage lines, and adding only your line may not work. Some of the packages that have some of the default skins are required by the server because they have other textures located within them for the game. Though you can try it and see. (Make a backup of the *.ini before doing so though)