PDA

View Full Version : UTAN Ban Manager 101 In Development

Cruicky
19th June, 2004, 02:57 PM
I've now started to code the next version of the server actor.

Adds: :idea:
Nick Name Filtering, controlled by UTAN master server.
Speed Hack Category added.

Changes: :arrow:
UTAN now filters spectators.
Tracking data is sent even if a player is kicked by UTAN.

Removes: !!!
Removed 'Show In Server Name' option as it was causing problems.

If anyone has any more ideas, please post them here.

Brando67
19th June, 2004, 03:02 PM
Tab ---> Trusted Server Admins
ADD ---> Server Admin

Options -----> View Trusted Admins Bans
-----> add chosen Trusted Server admins Bans to your List

:)

Brando`

Cruicky
19th June, 2004, 03:13 PM
Also gonna see if I can get a webadmin section in this one, like Current, Defaults etc. :thumbup:

Levi240
19th June, 2004, 03:17 PM
having UTAN say what server name the ban effects would b nice...will edit later wen i think of more stuff :P

Brando67
19th June, 2004, 03:20 PM
Also gonna see if I can get a webadmin section in this one, like Current, Defaults etc. :thumbup:

Awesome!

Cruicky
19th June, 2004, 03:35 PM
Adds: :idea:
CD-Key List Download Count
Total UTAN Kicks Count

EDIT: No more queries about whether or not UTAN is working now.
http://www.gamersdivision.com/users/unholy/cruicky/UTAN.jpg

digz
21st June, 2004, 02:55 AM
Tab ---> Trusted Server Admins
ADD ---> Server Admin

Options -----> View Trusted Admins Bans
-----> add chosen Trusted Server admins Bans to your List

:)

Brando`

:D

AcidReflux
23rd June, 2004, 11:13 PM
Can the web admin page display the list of the current downloaded bans. And maybe provide links to look them up if that's possible.

Cruicky
24th June, 2004, 09:09 AM
Can the web admin page display the list of the current downloaded bans. And maybe provide links to look them up if that's possible.

That's the plan. :thumbup:

AcidReflux
24th June, 2004, 05:56 PM
That's the plan. :thumbup:

Even better, flag the ones that are global versus yours versus "friendly" admin bans :)

Cruicky
24th June, 2004, 06:09 PM
Even better, flag the ones that are global versus yours versus "friendly" admin bans :)

Each will have there own section on the page. :thumbup:

AcidReflux
25th June, 2004, 07:41 PM
Each will have there own section on the page. :thumbup:

Great! Now also include the catagory for the ban ;)

Cruicky
26th June, 2004, 09:40 AM
Great! Now also include the catagory for the ban ;)

The server doesn't require the category for the ban, but there will be a web link next to every ban so you can view the details on the UTAN site. :thumbup:

frogger
6th July, 2004, 03:32 AM
possible to have an in-game admin menu to kick/ban?

(first day using, but trying to figure out a way to apply the kick/ban while in-game)

Wormbo
6th July, 2004, 03:06 PM
Erm, UT2004 already provides an in-game admin menu for viewing IDs and removing players from a server.

frogger
6th July, 2004, 03:53 PM
Erm, UT2004 already provides an in-game admin menu for viewing IDs and removing players from a server.

i realize that..but

1. would be nice to have a UTAN gui

2. does this add the players to my UTAN database?

Wormbo
6th July, 2004, 04:19 PM
1. True.
2. No.

frogger
6th July, 2004, 09:30 PM
1. True.
2. No.

#2 is the most important IMO.. I know it's likely not easy..but i am only suggesting it as something that would be nice..even if it were only to create a utanban.ini that would spit out the necessary info i.e. nick,ip, gid, and then have this be uploadable to the database..and read to create new bans...

just ideas...

Cruicky
6th July, 2004, 10:14 PM
#2 is the most important IMO.. I know it's likely not easy..but i am only suggesting it as something that would be nice..even if it were only to create a utanban.ini that would spit out the necessary info i.e. nick,ip, gid, and then have this be uploadable to the database..and read to create new bans...

just ideas...

Already been thought of and is being implemented, just I forgot to mention it above.

It will store all your session bans as well for future use.

frogger
6th July, 2004, 10:18 PM
Already been thought of and is being implemented, just I forgot to mention it above.

It will store all your session bans as well for future use.

great..can you explain how it works?

Cruicky
7th July, 2004, 09:00 AM
great..can you explain how it works?

It'll scan the access control class session ban list on a map restart and grab all the session bans and enter them into a storage database on the game server. If you wish to add them to your UTAN ban list, you can upload them from the WebAdmin extension to UTAN. :thumbup:

Cruicky
7th July, 2004, 10:43 AM
Just a quick screenshot of the new UTAN extension. :D

http://www.gamersdivision.com/users/unholy/cruicky/UTANWebAdmin.jpg

tax
7th July, 2004, 10:59 AM
Just a quick screenshot of the new UTAN extension. :D

http://www.gamersdivision.com/users/unholy/cruicky/UTANWebAdmin.jpg

Lookin good !

Limited
7th July, 2004, 12:31 PM
Work has also started on the website of UTAN 2.0, it may not look any different from the current design, but the range of features will have increased dramatically

frogger
7th July, 2004, 02:36 PM
upload bans..juicy.. :thumbup:

yomomaho
7th July, 2004, 07:43 PM
Quick question for the admins.
Will the new version of UTAN be invisible to the master server?

As previously mentioned in other threads the new patch detected UTAN and made it a non-standard server.

Please pardon me if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

LinuxRules
7th July, 2004, 09:15 PM
As previously mentioned in other threads the new patch detected UTAN and made it a non-standard server.
It was just temporary. It is now whitelisted.

Cruicky
7th July, 2004, 09:45 PM
It can now be listed in the Mutator section of the server browser without making the server non-standard. :cool:

This enables us to display further information in the server browser etc, which we will be doing next release.

yomomaho
7th July, 2004, 10:16 PM
awesome! I will look forward to the next release.

Apprecieate what all you guys/girls do for the community. :D

Moose
8th July, 2004, 08:28 AM
Sounds like some great features! Keep up the good work :)

frogger
9th July, 2004, 07:13 AM
anyway to add a freehand text box next to each ban that would be sent as part of the ban message they get? Many of the questions posted here on bans could maybe be avoided if we were able to add "you were being an ass on 7/8/2004 ~7:24pm CDT"...and they would see this as they try to enter the server. Or "Anti TCC integrity violation: Found Class WankStain2004.MyInfo" ...just basically a custom ban message for each id. Just an idea..

Limited
9th July, 2004, 01:34 PM
anyway to add a freehand text box next to each ban that would be sent as part of the ban message they get? Many of the questions posted here on bans could maybe be avoided if we were able to add "you were being an ass on 7/8/2004 ~7:24pm CDT"...and they would see this as they try to enter the server. Or "Anti TCC integrity violation: Found Class WankStain2004.MyInfo" ...just basically a custom ban message for each id. Just an idea..We were planning on doing this aswell :)

frogger
9th July, 2004, 02:37 PM
We were planning on doing this aswell :)

well dammit.. ;) :thumbup:

Brando67
10th July, 2004, 11:27 PM
Neat!

frogger
12th July, 2004, 06:11 PM
I have a ban that was Server Only. The Guid was then a few weeks later added to the global ban list. While i doubt it causes any issues...is there any benefit to deleting either of these entries? If there is, can a check be made to prevent duplicates from being entered?

Cruicky
12th July, 2004, 07:03 PM
I have a ban that was Server Only. The Guid was then a few weeks later added to the global ban list. While i doubt it causes any issues...is there any benefit to deleting either of these entries? If there is, can a check be made to prevent duplicates from being entered?

The ban manager on the server does not allow duplicates, if 2 bans have the same GUID, then the last one received via the download will take priority. In the new ban manager, Global bans always replace GISP bans.

frogger
13th July, 2004, 04:03 AM
ok..i quit.

Brando67
18th July, 2004, 04:07 PM
hey guys, how's the new version coming along?
I really need to be able to add trusted server amdin bans the easy way :)

frogger
6th August, 2004, 03:16 PM
there is already a thread here wih admins swapping GISP bans. Would it be possible in v2.0 to add this as an option. With or without a buddy system i think it would be nice to select in each category whether or not I add every ban in the database. i.e.

aimbot=true
gispaimbot=true
annoyance=true
gispannoance=true

some may not want obviously, but i think many would want this feature.

Brando67
7th August, 2004, 03:29 AM
Am I outta line to say that some of these players who have had bot's on there system....
To test them,
Idiots......
But never use them after they try it out,
and where to stupid to delete the files...
A second Chance?

Is Times Bans anywhere in the new Utan?
I thought i read that in Limit's interview??
Also how are same players dealt with when adding other Server Admins bans??
I am gonna load allow all server admins bans, cept other.
So I am bound to be criss crossin some of the bans that i even entered into the system, or will I be adding 4 bans of the same player to my list?

I know u have the answer lol

Cruicky
7th August, 2004, 09:28 AM
Am I outta line to say that some of these players who have had bot's on there system....
To test them,
Idiots......
But never use them after they try it out,
and where to stupid to delete the files...
A second Chance?

Is Times Bans anywhere in the new Utan?
I thought i read that in Limit's interview??
Also how are same players dealt with when adding other Server Admins bans??
I am gonna load allow all server admins bans, cept other.
So I am bound to be criss crossin some of the bans that i even entered into the system, or will I be adding 4 bans of the same player to my list?

I know u have the answer lol

Well, I test aimbots with SafeGame, but you'll never catch me online with any of them, including the ini files. They are in a totally different folder to my primary UT2004 install. And when i'm not using that install, I remove myself from the NTFS permissions to that folder to ensure 100% that nothing will ever see them. If you are going to test them, you really must take precautions, like I have, that they never see the online side of things.

Wormbo
7th August, 2004, 12:13 PM
If you can make every thing in this thread work and have no lag it will be quite a task. The current version lags so much I had to remove it from my server. The strange thing is that by removing this the flashing went away with AntiTCC118Beta4. Good luck.
Wait, the flashing in Anti TCC only happens when UTAN is enabled? o_O

frogger
7th August, 2004, 12:29 PM
i have zero lag ATM running the current version of UTAN (no AntiTCC)

Brando67
7th August, 2004, 02:33 PM
I am Running Utan and Safegame atm,
My logs show me alot of master server reconnects atm, so I'm not saying anything till this is fixed, as I believe this is causing the current problems I am having.

Cruicky
7th August, 2004, 04:07 PM
I am Running Utan and Safegame atm,
My logs show me alot of master server reconnects atm, so I'm not saying anything till this is fixed, as I believe this is causing the current problems I am having.

I think the master server is being updated/played with by Epic at the moment.

frogger
15th August, 2004, 03:44 PM
another feature request...(please let me know if this is possible already)

multiple logins and emails for each account.. We have 7 servers and 6 admins running off of our UTAN account. It would be nice for us each to recieve the 'ban enforced' emails..as well as letting us each have a different login so we can see who added the ban. We don't want separate accounts because we want common bans...make sense?

i guess reading the interview article....version 2.0's buddy sytem would address this issue. Would just require each of our admins to set up their own accounts. As a sidenote..can one remove a server from its account? (To change to anouther account)

ur^Satan1
20th August, 2004, 06:40 AM
You could always set up a free email account that everyone has access to, like a hotmail account, since we get pop email service from our host I just created an account serveradmins@<hidden> that forwards the emails to all of our admins, but if you were to use hotmail everyone could check it IE froggeradmins@<hidden> and a common password that everyone knows, hotmail can also be set up like a pop3 email using outlook express or outlook XP( might have started with 2003 can't remember now)

frogger
20th August, 2004, 02:32 PM
ahhh.. that's a good idea..and simple..we can do that through or clan email accounts. Thanks!

frogger
23rd August, 2004, 06:48 PM
any way to have the time in the severtraq match our local timezone?

ur^Satan1
23rd August, 2004, 08:18 PM
yeah would love to see that happen aswell

frogger
25th August, 2004, 07:48 AM
another nice to have: it would be nice to have total control over all bans..including those sent from the global list. If these could simply be passed to my Server Bans, under a separate section, this to me would be better. If for some reason I disagree with a specific ban from the global listing, AFIK i currently can't remove this ban from my server unless i disable the entire category that it belongs to. (again, if possible please let me know)...I would like to see the globals exist on everyone's server list, and thus have the 'remove' option (just for my network of servers). I don't currently have this situation, but could see how it could easily happen.

frogger
1st September, 2004, 06:25 PM
also...%region and %offender.....this would be nice if it included GISP bans as well...

frogger
10th September, 2004, 01:02 AM
next request.. the email the we get of a ban being enforced...would be great to have the original ban information...or a link to the ban on UTAN (if autologin can be acheived)..

frogger
14th September, 2004, 12:19 AM
and another...would be nice to give a friendly name to the servers in the server traq interface....ips get confusing if you have more than a couple servers...

Brando67
16th September, 2004, 03:40 AM
Ummm

Heh

Are we gonna be able to traq a guid accross the database?

Imaginos
22nd January, 2005, 03:49 PM
If your meaning is about the ability to search the database for any given player across your entire server(s) history, I second that. 30 days availability is good for getting a ban in place, but being able to go way back in history to see what other nicks a person has used is also a big help.

Speaking of which, when doing the full 30-day query on the servertraq, I have yet to see it complete w/o getting the 30-second timeout.