PDA

View Full Version : OGL and PG ladder player m|x.cougar Banned

Brando67
27th August, 2004, 04:12 AM
m|x Couger
<[GoC]pingu> 15-08-2004 00:36:43 - [LEVEL 2 INSECURITY DETECTED] LiMe
<[GoC]pingu> 15-08-2004 00:36:43 - GUID: 7778aa2bb1c10a54a1541779277fdf69, IP: 68.4.39.186,
Version: 3236, OS: Windows
<[GoC]pingu> 15-08-2004 00:36:43 - Render Device: D3DRenderDevice, Audio Device: ALAudioSubsystem
<[GoC]pingu> 15-08-2004 00:36:43 - Insecurity Description: Suspicious Class Loaded
[HelioS Plugin's Detected]
<[GoC]pingu> 15-08-2004 00:36:43 - Additional Information: Objects Found: 1

SafeGame server!

Traq GUID:7778aa2bb1c10a54a1541779277fdf69

<limited> Nickname: m|x.cougar
<limited> Nickname: m|x.CuGsector
<limited> Nickname: m|x.CuG
<limited> Nickname: m|x.cougar.dx|
<limited> Nickname: Chex_m|x.
<[GD]Cruicky> LiMe|Clanless
<limited> Nickname: ns
<limited> Nickname: ((_Ne0n_))>
<limited> Nickname: Cougs-WWT
<limited> Nickname: »Cougar«
<limited> Nickname: Fear
<limited> Nickname: LKja
<limited> Nickname: |uDa|DarkSin
<limited> Nickname: m|x.cougar.p00pie
<limited> few others aswell

Many thanks to fellow Utan Admin [GoC]pingu for Providing me with the Proof !

This kinda Stuff is why I'm involved in Utan and the latest Cheat Protection!

Utan2 Utan2 Utan Utan2......................

Peace!

Chops
27th August, 2004, 06:39 AM
This kinda Stuff is why I'm involved in Utan and the latest Cheat Protection!

Brando, I think it's great that you're involved with cheat protection. Go crazy with it. But you shouldn't be so malicious that you WANT to see players banned. Cougs DID bot on a European server as a test thing. It was dumb. But to ban him globally for it is rather harsh. He has NEVER used a bot in a pug or match and never will. If you want a demo from any of our matches from him, please ask. I've known Cougar since the beginning of UT2k3 (I played my first online game with him 2 years ago), and while he doesn't have the best judgment, he does not bot on a regular basis. If you still feel a UTAN ban is necessary, that's up to you. I'm just trying to get the full story out so Cougs doesn't become the scorn of the community.

I also apologize for being rude in IRC. I was just upset to see the person from UT I've known longest being accused of botting at everything that I was rather short with you. Again, I apologize.

-m|x.chops
Proud member of the last remaining San Jose clan and clanmate of m|x.cougar

Brando67
27th August, 2004, 11:52 AM
But you shouldn't be so malicious that you WANT to see players banned. Cougs DID bot on a European server as a test thing. It was dumb. But to ban him globally for it is rather harsh. He has NEVER used a bot in a pug or match and never will. If you want a demo from any of our matches from him, please ask.
-m|x.chops

Chops,
The point is
Don't even Test them,
Testing leads to using, regardless of what u say,
What if the bot had passed the European server's security???
Testing is up to the Makers of the Cheat Protection,
NOT the players of this game,
If u think I like Banning peep's
The answer is NO, I don't,
But I don't care Who u are.......
If u get caught with a bot, Europe, North America, etc,
Don't matter where, U will be Banned...
This has been warned for quite some time now.....
Get it through your Heads.

And thank-you for the Apology,

Brando`

m|x.ninetysix
27th August, 2004, 04:19 PM
<Brando`|Away> the reason i said Utan kind of sucs atm is it is only sefver admin ban for 1 server
<Brando`|Away> out of the 1650 odd bans atm
<Brando`|Away> tis porbably only about half that
<Brando`|Away> the rest are duplicates
<Brando`|Away> A real good example would be
<Brando`|Away> take merc for instant
<Brando`|Away> murc
<Brando`|Away> merc
<Brando`|Away> geesh
<Brando`|Away> is Utan2 would have been in placehe would have been automatically banned on every Utan serevr participating in global bans on the date and time he was caught

I copied that from #igpug's IRC channel. Did m|x.mercury get caught with a bot too or are you spreading rumors? Please fill me in since I want to know what my fellow clanmatates are up to.

m|x.ninetysix

Brando67
27th August, 2004, 06:27 PM
My Bad

real sorry

When i was in your Channel i saw u tell Mercury that I was accusing him of botting... So I automatuically thought that Mercury was also Cougar!
Guess i didn't read it right :/

My Apologies for my mis-understanding!

Cougar
27th August, 2004, 08:22 PM
Hi all. My name is m|x.cougar and I'm one of the people who has been caught by SafeGame and AntiTCC with the Helios plugin. I thought
you should hear the exact story from me about what happened.
About a month ago, I downloaded a copy of Helios's bot. My first idea was to test it out on secure server and see how it did. The bot
didn't work against AntiTCC, so I tried it out on non secure servers. Here it worked flawlessly until the 3270 patch. This patch broke the bot, so
I had to stop using it. However, while I had it, I began to enjoy frustrating people on some European public servers. I now realize this was wrong and
am sorry for ever doing it. I realize I should apologize to the people I played, but since that isn't an option, I'll just do it here.
However, I have never botted in a pug or match. I realize this doesn't make what I did any more acceptable, but I would like to deflect the
accusations away from m|x in general and defend our ladder wins. If you doubt me on this, I can provide demos from those matches. Also, as I said,
the bot does not work on secured servers, on which all matches are played. I apologize again, even though I know this doesn't make up for what I did.
I assume I will still be banned by UTAN, but I deserve it. This post is not intended to get out of being banned, but I hope it will help my reputation.

Thanks!

m|x.cougar

yomomaho
27th August, 2004, 09:41 PM
Do you realize that there is something called a User Agreement that comes with the game? You should read it sometime, especially the section on cheating. Interesting reading there in that it says that if you use a cheat you are violating the agreement and forfeit any rights you have.
So as Brando has stated, you and ALL people who cheat (yes only once) can and will get banned.
Perhaps you should play a game where cheating is allowed instead of ruining the gameplay for everyone else.

/BAN

yomomaho
27th August, 2004, 10:04 PM
<rant>
Oh yea, I dug up that nice little EULA for your reading pleasure.

5. CHEATING. Nobody likes a cheater. It's a disgraceful way to earn a win and really is an insult to those players who earn their wins in on-line games the old-fashioned way—WITH TALENT. We're pretty hard on cheating in on-line games using the Software because it sullies the overall gaming experience and is JUST PLAIN LAME. With that in mind if you are caught cheating in an on-line game using the Software we will immediately and permanently ban your CD Key. At that point this License Agreement is automatically terminated and you must immediately delete this software from your PC. Failure to comply with this last bit (deleting the software) may bring on the wrath of the lawyers. Trust us…you don't want that.

</rant>

Chops
27th August, 2004, 10:49 PM
I don't want to speak for Cougs, but I'm sure he knows all that and he said he was sorry. He said he knows he'll get banned and accepts that. It looks to me like he's just trying to explain himself and try to save his reputation a little bit.

Azura
27th August, 2004, 11:24 PM
However, while I had it, I began to enjoy frustrating people on some European public servers. I now realize this was wrong and
am sorry for ever doing it. I realize I should apologize to the people I played, but since that isn't an option, I'll just do it here.

There are a few european people browsing this board so that won't fall on deaf ears ;) . Note that you should find another way to amuse yourself. It may be funny but, when think about it deep down, there's something inside that's in pain...

IGL][Cixxen
28th August, 2004, 08:37 PM
Hey all, after reading this post and seeing he is also listed on IGL under the name |uDa|DarkSin, he will also be banned from IGL also.

NapalmDawn
28th August, 2004, 10:44 PM
Zero tolerance. Bye.

grep
28th August, 2004, 10:52 PM
Good riddance. I don't trust "apologies" who are made AFTER being caught.

m|x.ninetysix
29th August, 2004, 05:35 AM
Player is already banned. Let's now move on shall we?

yomomaho
29th August, 2004, 05:42 AM
Naw, we like going on and on about it. Besides, these are all individual server admins chiming in.

dimiond2000
31st August, 2004, 12:43 AM
banned here also

pingu
31st August, 2004, 02:10 PM
any people caught botting in on us servers but with a euro ip would be gratfully received .
seemed like a good thread to mention this

Brando67
1st September, 2004, 02:36 AM
Ditto! :)

Azura
1st September, 2004, 02:59 AM
any people caught botting in on us servers but with a euro ip would be gratfully received .
seemed like a good thread to mention this

Not sure how to interpret that ;/ ...

Brando67
1st September, 2004, 05:04 AM
Any european ip's found with a ban.....

Please forward :)