PDA

View Full Version : ServerExt v106

elmuerte
1st October, 2004, 01:59 PM
Well, long time since the last release. This release mostly contains bug fixes. Also, I've split up the client side package, ChatFilter and MutRSS now have their own client side package (depending on their configuration).
New in this release is the RemoteStats add-on. This add-on will post the stat data to a webserver once in a while (when the buffer is full). An example PHP script to use this feature is included.

Homepage (http://ut2004.elmuerte.com/ServerExt)
Download: zip (http://ut2004.elmuerte.com/files/ServerExt-v106.zip) ut4mod (http://ut2004.elmuerte.com/files/ServerExt-v106-ut4mod.zip)

Changes since v105b

Fixed BM_Sequential mode for mutRSS
Client packages split up into two: one for ChatFilter and one for mutRSS
mutRSS now uses LibHTTP3
Fixed recursion issue in ChatFilter (e.g. replace xxx -> x doesn't crash the server anymore)
Fixed an issue with spaces in bad words
Fixed warning mutator for ChatFilter
Added a new option: bWarnVoting, only when this is set the voting mutator will be used and allow people to vote on a judgement of a player.
Fixed the Team Balancer where the wrong spawn points where used.
Added a new module: Remote stats, this will POST the stats to a website

SitFlyer
5th October, 2004, 03:36 AM
Having a problem since updating to the new version. I only use Chat Filter & Team Balancer.
Problem: I observed the total player count going over Max Players. I don't use reservered slots.
Suppose I'll have to revert to 105b because I can't afford to go over the Max Players on my rented server.

My Settings:

[ServerExt.mutTeamBalance]
bAnnounce=False
fLingerTime=0.000000
iSizeThreshold=2
fTeamBalanceDelay=5.000000
bIgnoreWinning=True
fTeamScoreThreshold=-1.000000
bOnlyBalanceOnRequest=False
bIgnoreReservedSlots=False
bOnlyAdminBalance=False
bBotsBalance=True
bAddBots=True
iMaxBots=-2
bBotsFill=True
bSwitchPlayersBack=True
BalanceMethod=BM_Newest
bDebug=False

elmuerte
5th October, 2004, 10:22 AM
The only change in version 106 for mutTeamBalance was:
* Fixed the Team Balancer where the wrong spawn points where used.

For the rest it's identical to 105b. So the same thing should happen with 105b.
If you see it happen again please set bDebug to true, this will add debug information about the team balancing. If you see it happen with the debug info turned on please email me the log file.

Flitterkill
25th October, 2004, 03:34 AM
...but I couldn't find anywhere else to do so (other than pestering you on IRC)

Our clan has a bit of a problem with the reserve slots. We prefer to keep the server wide open 18/18 free for public use. However, clan members would love to get in at any time and kick the lousy non-clan players out when we want to play.

The problem is that the reserve code works exactly as it should, and we have situations where a bunch of us try jumping into the server at the same time and end up repeatedly kicking each other off every 10-15 seconds as more of our clan folks try getting into the full server (since those that just joined invariably have the suckiest kills/death ratios on first join, etc.)

Any chance in a future rev. of perhaps instituting a second kick check? In other words, someone with reserve slot privs trys to go in, the ServerExt will select someone to kick to make room, but check that initial choice (based on low score, etc) against a list of reserve IDs - if it matches, it then moves on to the 2nd candidate to kick and so on.

I have no clue how this would be implemented - it sounds easy, but in my limited programming experience, those problems tend to be the most annoying...

If there is something out there that already does this please point a noob in the right direction.

Of course, if we just made a whole lot more slots private this wouldn't be a problem but our server rocks hard being mainly public and we'd like to keep it that way.

Sorry to bother...

-Fk

Sniper308
11th November, 2004, 01:22 AM
Im having problems with the reserved slots part. If I were to add a password in the reserved slots section, lets say the pw=UT2k4, where or how exactly would I input this information when joining the server? I have tried everything. After reading the ServerExt web page, Im still confused.

Under the password section, it says to connect the password to the url when trying to enter the server. Then in parenthsis, it says (?password=[somepassword].

I have tried the following syntax and can not seem to get this thing to work or open up the additional slots....

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ?password=UT2k4
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx UT2k4
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx password=UT2k4
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ?UT2k4
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ?password=[UT2k4]

What am I doing wrong? I am able to join the server on the reserved slots using the nickname feature but am unable to get the password feature to work. Sorry if this sounds like an ignorant question but I have looked and read everything I can find on the subject to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

chai
11th November, 2004, 01:37 AM
when can we expect the chatfilter player voting issue to be resolved?