PDA

View Full Version : map md5

yomomaho
19th October, 2004, 04:08 PM
I installed SafeGame 101 Beta 3 on my server last night and I have to say it seems to be working great. It is very smooth with very little sutter mid game. Just a little burp here and there but that is probably due to slow connection and not software. So I have to say keep up the good work!

I do have a slight problem though. I have had 3 players now that have tried to connect to my server and were kicked because of md5 issues. Pardon my being unprepared but I am at work and do not have ssh access to my box from here. But if I remember the kick error correctly it said something along the lines of. "person has 2 md5's for a map" All 3 times it has said an onslaught map. I guess it asked the players to clear the cache and search for 2 versions of maps. One of them emailed me back and said he did as such but it still happened.

Without the log files do you have an idea? I can get the logs sometime after 12pm cdt when I am on lunch if needed.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me!

Cruicky
19th October, 2004, 04:17 PM
The server log files would certainly help. If it's the map causing the MD5 problems, you can turn it off in the Web Admin settings. If it's the package OnslaughtBP, then clearing the cache *should* sort the problems.

If this problem still persists, then send me the logs via PM, and i'll have a look.

yomomaho
19th October, 2004, 04:30 PM
The most recent error now seems to be the OnslaughtBP as you stated.

Just a suggestion, and perhaps I have just skipped over it? But a description of what is in each check class 1-5 in the readme file would be great info to have to sort certain checks out and to know exactly what it is doing.

I will post the logs to you as soon as I can get them!

Thanks again!

Cruicky
19th October, 2004, 04:36 PM
There will be an enhanced readme file coming out soon. :thumbup:

ArPharazon
20th October, 2004, 08:46 PM
Cruicky - safegame shouldnt be tripping on this error at all imho. Its not as if its a cheat or anything - just sloppy file maintenance by the user.

Cruicky
20th October, 2004, 09:46 PM
If it's a constant problem, disable the MD5 system altogether, you don't lose that much security by disabling MD5.

Sadgit
26th October, 2004, 08:18 AM
My users are now getting OnslaughtBP bans and I only installed SafeGame 60 mins ago..
So setting
bCheckMD5s=False
Will stop this little problem?

Cheers
SG

Cruicky
26th October, 2004, 10:15 AM
That is correct.
Set it to False to disable the MD5 system. :thumbup:

Sadgit
26th October, 2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks mate and GDHosts RoXx0rzzz :)

yomomaho
6th January, 2005, 03:54 AM
Just an update. I updated to 5e when it came out but am still getting lots of OnslaughtBP kicks. For now I have disabled the md5 checks but I would rather keep them as it's just an extra line of defense.

Any way in a future version to add an option to skip that particular check alltogether?