PDA

View Full Version : Console Comands ;p

kortniechan
7th November, 2004, 07:55 PM
ok i have been searching the unreal wiki and a few other good places but i cant find much information on realy basic console comands.
mine are not working or im dooing something wrong , probly the latter.
so far the only console comand i have been ablke to get to work is :
>say blah blah blah
it posts my text on the top of the screen as it should ,yea
ok well i want more out of the console. ive tried to spawn bots and nothing hapened. i cant get any of the comands to work.
questions on mind:
1) how do i log in as an admin? do i even have to to do simple comands?
2) how do you set a admin pasword? am i the only one who can use comands on server?
3)do the console comands work in non-dedicated mode? "this could be my problem"
4) how do i use basic comands? im dooing something wrong
i want to simply "during gameplay" adbots ,remove bots, put text in middle of screen "adminsay" , i also want to key bind a "say comand"
all this should be basics , great minds unite and enlighten my torchured soul :thumbup:

nixxy
8th November, 2004, 12:04 AM
u might find what ur looking for in this guide:

hairballs guide ut console commands (http://home.midsouth.rr.com/trogstuff/hairballutadmin.htm)

nixxy

Just_Me
8th November, 2004, 12:09 AM
http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTConsole.htm

kortniechan
8th November, 2004, 08:11 AM
oh oh oh hellll yeah,
i only read a littleso far , but can tell this will help alot allready thanks!!! cheers!
i will post agian with any more trouble

vindicator
8th November, 2004, 12:42 PM
http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTConsole.htm

Azura
8th November, 2004, 01:07 PM
i want to simply "during gameplay" adbots ,remove bots, put text in middle of screen "adminsay" , i also want to key bind a "say comand"
all this should be basics , great minds unite and enlighten my torchured soul :thumbup:

addbots 4
-> adds 4 bots.
killall bot
-> removes all bots.
say # I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA
-> prints a big message in the screen if you're logged in as an admin.
set input H say why hello there !
-> binds the key H to a command which inputs "why hello there !" in the chat box.

LeeBe
8th November, 2004, 01:31 PM
you could also use Xconsole

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/xconsole.html

its an admin GUI

kortniechan
27th November, 2004, 10:06 PM
killall bot
-> removes all bots.
set input H say why hello there !
-> binds the key H to a command which inputs "why hello there !" in the chat box.
these dont work . when im logged in as admin
in the say command "is it limmited to text only? cani use @<hidden>, and periods?" or must i not be logged in for this to work?
i want it to say visit us at blah blah.com can i just edit the user.ini and add this in somewhere?

Azura
28th November, 2004, 08:54 AM
The killall command only works as an admin. It's either killall bot or killall bots. If those don't work try killpawns. As for the set input command, you can edit your user.ini instead. Just open up user.ini in notepad and find the key you want to bind.

kortniechan
28th November, 2004, 09:22 AM
yeah there are about four dif tutorials i reads and all say something diferent about the kill bots command, im gonna trial and error agian on that one, the key bind im gonna do the user .ini , thanks Fearless and evryone for all the help :thumbup: why cant they get a good list of the commands that all work, it seams that each version of the game have different sets.

Just_Me
28th November, 2004, 02:07 PM
Its KillAll <classname>. So to remove bots, "killall bot". You need to be logged in as an admin. And if you look at the link I posted some commands such as this one are limited to practice sessions only.

kortniechan
29th November, 2004, 11:57 PM
I never been to the practice games tab. I dont see the point in having the option when you can just unselect advertise in multiplayer. I only host multiplayer games. but your post explaines the reason for so many diferent comands of the same task. i think the comand for multiplayer is KillPawns , but i still have to trial and error to find out wich one is the correct one. i was mostly interested in the keybind say command.