PDA

View Full Version : Demos + UTDC + non-windows = error

Obsidian
29th November, 2004, 02:54 PM
Why is it needed to bind the UTDC dll when watching a demo made on an UTDC server?
We finally can play again with the os check but we still can't watch demos. :o

Obsidian
4th December, 2004, 04:14 PM
It's just a simple question, I guess someone should be able to answer it. :o

PizzaMan
4th December, 2004, 04:15 PM
The same thing happens with Pure. Not that this is of any help..

Obsidian
5th December, 2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah well I can understand you need the .u files, like all other files, but why bind to the dll, meaning all people that normally crash because of that will crash when watching the demo aswell. :o

Obsidian
10th December, 2004, 05:24 PM
Well, found a workaround by running a windows installation of UT with wine, which works fine. :o

Stalker0013
3rd January, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm running UT436 for MacOS9, and recorded a demo of a pug last night, my buddy who's running a windows machine cannot watch the demo, stating some error involving a file that cannot be binded, an error he's never seen before. I tried to play the demo myself, and it just sits there on connecting...wtf. Does anyone have a fix?

Shambler
3rd January, 2005, 09:20 PM
Try making sure the .dll is in your system folder? Otherwise you could maybe finding Troublesome (the guy who created UTDC) and ask him to compile you a DUD UTDC.u (or whatever filename) package so you can playback demo's.

Making the dud package should be very very simple.

Azura
3rd January, 2005, 09:29 PM
dlls don't exist on non-windows operating systems -_- ...

Troublesome
3rd January, 2005, 09:44 PM
u can't play a demo made on a client running utdc cus it will want to spawn the check that uses native code so it will only play on windows os...unless there is some flag to set that says the package is not necessary when playing demo there is nothing to do about it

Shambler
3rd January, 2005, 10:37 PM
Why can't you just compile a DUD UTDC unrealscript package with no binding to any .dll files? (the package would only be useable temporarily offline of course, it would need to be deleted to play on the servers)