PDA

View Full Version : UTDC > Hacked and Logged Question

Whiz
28th January, 2005, 03:53 PM
Hi
First post , I have few questions Regarding UTDC .
Lately have seen UTDC spamming >UTDC has logged information< refering to some nicks,have seen this on KIK server last night , and in an official ut war other day just before games commence...............what is it? and were can i check plz ?,Last question is "Hacked packages ",how do some peeps rectify this prob?tx all :))

PizzaMan
28th January, 2005, 04:05 PM
The message "<PlayerName> has been logged" shows that UTDC is configured to scan the clients memory, and not kick if it finds something. There is a bug that will give false positives for that check, so the players that you saw logged are likely to be clean.

The problem with the cache should be solved in version 15. This problem caused people to be kicked for hacked packages when a file added to MD5 checks was not found on the client. If you get this problem then delete all files from you cache folder.

Azura
28th January, 2005, 06:55 PM
The problem with the cache should be solved in version 15. This problem caused people to be kicked for hacked packages when a file added to MD5 checks was not found on the client. If you get this problem then delete all files from you cache folder.

The message in the log for this quite explicitely states that a file hasn't been found. If that isn't the case then either you're in the presence of a bug or some shady activity.

PizzaMan
28th January, 2005, 07:50 PM
Yes, that is true but

Lately have seen UTDC spamming >UTDC has logged information< refering to some nicks,have seen this on KIK server last night

he is talking about something he saw in the chat, and there it says "<PlayerName> was kicked for hacked packages". You have to look in the log to see what really happened.

Whiz
29th January, 2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks soooo much for quick replys ,both have helped me understand , thanks again :)