PDA

View Full Version : Mistake? Or cheat detected?

pharao
9th February, 2005, 11:15 PM
Hi all,

Yestarday, a player was kicked from the server with this message:

Insecurity Description: Illegal File Found [External Cheat - HelioS-Security-Hack.dll]

This player is from a great Clan, that have great and reliable players...
I don´t believe that this player have any ilegal file installed in his computer... many players believe in a bug of safegame...

Well, the question is: "Any chance of safegame bug or mistake?"

|SCK|sMURF
9th February, 2005, 11:40 PM
I doubt it's a bug, although I don't recall ever seeing that particular file being found by AntiTCC or SafeGame in the past.

Cruicky
9th February, 2005, 11:41 PM
Cheat, that file name comes from the client so it cannot be wrong.

pharao
10th February, 2005, 01:45 AM
You are right...

The players confess that was testing the cheat...
Unfortunately he got a ban...

Wormbo
10th February, 2005, 07:04 AM
"I was just testing it." is probably THE most stupid excuse, especially when being caught on a public server.

Techslacker
10th February, 2005, 02:38 PM
Insecurity Description: Illegal File Found [External Cheat - HelioS-Security-Hack.dll]

Does that mean it just found the file or that it was loaded or being used?

Wormbo
10th February, 2005, 02:42 PM
It's not possible for an UnrealScript-based tool to find out whether a DLL is loaded. It specifically tells you it found a file, nothing else.

Jovi
10th February, 2005, 04:12 PM
It's not possible for an UnrealScript-based tool to find out whether a DLL is loaded. It specifically tells you it found a file, nothing else.

Yea, uscript based anti-cheat tools are pretty toohless against hooks.

When does someone make native based cheatprotection (like UTDC) for UT2004? Any news if someone is working on project like that?

Shambler
10th February, 2005, 04:32 PM
No perfect (and maye no 100% legal) way of doing that without some source code access to those who have the knowledge/reputation and are willing.
It will happen tho because it's becoming more and more neccessary, just it will probably be a long time before it's seen.

[wh]_Axor_(ger)
10th February, 2005, 05:08 PM
Yea, uscript based anti-cheat tools are pretty toohless against hooks.

When does someone make native based cheatprotection (like UTDC) for UT2004? Any news if someone is working on project like that?

Yes, a cheatportection like UTDC would we very nice. 100 % agree!

So all Servers could use the same cheatprotection. At the moment some StrikeForce-Servers use AntiTCC and one (our :P ) use SafeGame. AntiTCC thinks that the SafeGame files are a cheat and kicks you and SafeGame thinks the AntiTCC files are a cheat and kicks you too. :rolleyes: :confused:

Well Jovi, you know what do to after finishing StrikeForce. ;)

Axor

Wormbo
10th February, 2005, 06:26 PM
_Axor_(ger)']AntiTCC thinks that the SafeGame files are a cheat and kicks you and SafeGame thinks the AntiTCC files are a cheat and kicks you too.
No, both mods think each others classes are unknown to them so they remove the player, stating exactly that.

BTW: Both mods' authors think that other mods causing Anti TCC and SafeGame respectively to stay in memory should be fixed, not the cheat protection... :rolleyes:

Techslacker
10th February, 2005, 06:48 PM

I was afraid you would say that. :frown:

These hooks seem to be written pretty regularly. Is it really that difficult for someone to write a native app for anticheat protection(even Epic)? I understand that something seperate would probably need written for Macs and Linux as well but still, the cheating that goes on has driven alot of folks I know that once loved this game to other games.

Granted cheating happens quite likely in those other games but it doesn't seem as obvious or apparent to those who have left the UT2k4 scene.

Also what advantage is offerred by remaining uscript based when it seems native is the real answer?

Wormbo
10th February, 2005, 06:54 PM
I see a completely different problem in native cheat protection mods: Once we start making them, cheaters will feel challenged and really get into creating hacks and stuff. The current situation is still quite ok.
UT2004 still is one of the most cheat-free games after all.

Techslacker
10th February, 2005, 10:39 PM
I see a completely different problem in native cheat protection mods: Once we start making them, cheaters will feel challenged and really get into creating hacks and stuff. The current situation is still quite ok.

Somehow that just doesn't comfort me very well. :confused: :rolleyes:

I do understand your point earlier though even if I don't agree with it.

[wh]_Axor_(ger)
11th February, 2005, 08:28 AM
No, both mods think each others classes are unknown to them so they remove the player, stating exactly that.

BTW: Both mods' authors think that other mods causing Anti TCC and SafeGame respectively to stay in memory should be fixed, not the cheat protection... :rolleyes:

Sorry, me shoolenglisch is about 14 years ago, so can you please write this in German? :redface:

In german: Das habe ich nicht verstanden, kannst du das bitte nochmal in deutsch schreiben? :redface:

Axor

Sucubus
11th February, 2005, 02:20 PM
Kurze Zwischenfrage @<hidden> Wormbo
Spielst du eigentlich UT2004? Wenn ja, wieoft (auch schon mal bei einem ClW dabeigewesen? ) und welcher MOD?

Wormbo
11th February, 2005, 02:28 PM
_Axor_(ger)']Sorry, me shoolenglisch is about 14 years ago, so can you please write this in German? :redface:

In german: Das habe ich nicht verstanden, kannst du das bitte nochmal in deutsch schreiben? :redface:

Axor
Also nochmal ausführlicher:
Weder Anti TCC noch SafeGame sind schuld. Meist ist es eine schlecht programmierte dritte Mod wie UTComp, die verhindert dass diese Sachen aus dem Speicher entfernt werden können. Wenn man also auf einem UTComp-Server gespielt hat, wird man garantiert auf einem anderen Server von der Cheatprotection gekickt wenn auf dem UTComp-Server Mods liefen, die nicht oder in einer anderen Version auf dem neuen Server laufen.

Kurze Zwischenfrage @<hidden> Wormbo
Spielst du eigentlich UT2004? Wenn ja, wieoft (auch schon mal bei einem ClW dabeigewesen? ) und welcher MOD?
Und das hat jetzt was genau mit dem Topic dieses Threads zu tun?

//mode # +lang english

Sucubus
11th February, 2005, 04:59 PM
Und das hat jetzt was genau mit dem Topic dieses Threads zu tun?

Zwischenfrage
Wenn du mir/uns diese Frage beantworten könntest, dann würde sich einiges zum Thema "Cheaten" und zu diesem Thread ergeben... ;)

Und wie schauts aus?

Wormbo
11th February, 2005, 05:13 PM
I can't see any reason for telling you and neither can I see any reason for hijacking this thread in a language the moderator of this forum doesn't understand.

Sucubus
11th February, 2005, 08:14 PM

Compare and think about it...

Shambler
11th February, 2005, 09:33 PM
Any1 feel like translating those four posts that are in German? :)

Wormbo
11th February, 2005, 09:50 PM
Just non-relevant stuff and an explaination of UTComp's crappyness. ;)

Azura
11th February, 2005, 11:01 PM
Could you give a quick summary of what exactly might be wrong with UTComp ? We have it installed on our server right now.