The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   Visual UC++ (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Visual UC++ Open Source (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=504)

DrSiN 10th January, 2002 04:09 PM

As you might be able to guess, I'm extremely busy here at Epic and haven't had much time to work on VUC++. There were a lot of things I wanted to do with it, but I'm just not able to unless it's immediately needed for me here.

With this in mind, I've decided to open-source VUC++. There are a couple of things though.

#1: I'm not going to setup a whole SourceForge account or such. If someone wants to groovy and I'm all for it.

#2: I can't include the editor component. I used TSyntaxMemo for the editor and it's a commerical component. Unfortunately it's no longer available and even the demo of it is impossible to find. I suggest any real effort switch to SynEdit (an open source highlight memo for Delphi).

But if you are really interested in taking over the project, let me know and we can talk about transfering the license.

That's about it. It requires Delphi 5 to compile and needs a component from your companion CD (LMD-Tools). The code is a little messy but not that hard to follow. It also uses a custom version of UTPackages and a custom version of TTreeNT.

All other components are included in the .ZIP. If you have problems, ask here and I'll try and answer them.

Click here to download the source

2COOL4-U 10th January, 2002 04:36 PM

Nice, very nice. I'll have a go at improving it, too bad I only have Delphi 2, and Delphi 6 personal edition :/. I wish Delphi was a bit cheaper.

I've been waiting for this for a very long time and I am really glad the source code has finally been released!

DrSiN 11th January, 2002 12:24 AM

2Cool if you are a student, the full professional version of Delphi is $99.00. If you are interested, I'll find the site.

NeoCarnifex 11th January, 2002 04:00 PM

Dr. Sin,

Can you tell us if VUC++ is still usable for the code for Unreal(Tournament)2 etc? I know that there were some changes planned relating to the classmodel, but I’m not sure if there are also changes in the UnrealScript language itself that renders VUC++ unusable for “beyond UnrealTournament Classic scripting”

You are working at Epic now? What code editor are you using there, if I might ask.

Does someone know if someone/some group already picked VUC++ up and started working on it?

Thanks!

2COOL4-U 11th January, 2002 04:37 PM

VisualUC++ can handle (almost) all Unreal Engine games

2COOL4-U 11th January, 2002 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrSiN
2Cool if you are a student, the full professional version of Delphi is $99.00.  If you are interested, I'll find the site.

I am only 14 years old. Dunno if that's old enough to consider me a student ;)

NeoCarnifex 11th January, 2002 08:58 PM

I know it support current unreal games because Unreal, Unreal2, Wheel of Time etc. are in basis all using the same engine and the same version of unrealscript language. I don't know if the next generation of the Unreal engine breaks VUC++ compatibility though...

DrSiN 12th January, 2002 01:30 AM

I use the exact version of VUC++ I uploaded to write script here at Epic so I'd assume as I need to make changes, I will :)

2COOL4-U 12th January, 2002 09:06 AM

Quote:

I use the exact version of VUC++ I uploaded to write script here at Epic so I'd assume as I need to make changes, I will :)

Ok be sure to release some versions to the public from time to time even now it's open sourced. Not everyone has (the correct version of) Delphi

Mr.Mitchell 12th January, 2002 09:22 PM

I always thought VUC++ was written with Visual C++ cause if mimics it's interface. Boy was I wrong.

I have Delphi4, any ideas on what would be the problems with using Delphi4 instead of 5?

DrSiN 13th January, 2002 03:46 AM

Other than a slew of components that might not work.. no.. no idea.

2COOL4-U 13th January, 2002 09:48 AM

I only had a trial version of Delphi 4 but I really liked it. Now in Delphi 6 Personal Edition they removed the database support sniff sniff :(

DrSiN 13th January, 2002 05:34 PM

It's in the full version though :)

2COOL4-U 13th January, 2002 05:56 PM

Quote:

It's in the full version though :)

Were you serious that I can get the professional version for just 99 dollars?

DrSiN 13th January, 2002 10:40 PM

Yes, provide you have some sort of Student Id.. let me find a site..

Cick here for Delphi 6.0 Professional

2COOL4-U 14th January, 2002 05:45 PM

You Save $890.00 w00t, thanks mate!

NeoCarnifex 15th January, 2002 02:15 PM

So the editor is still compatible, that’s really nice! Thanks Sin!

[offtopic, diddling some inside info ;)]
And Dr. Sin, can you shed some light on this question: Are there real changes in the class-model. Like the place of GameInfo, or PlayerInfo/BotInfo, and how they are used or relate to one other?

If I make a GameInfo subclass for UT, can I just make some minor changes to adapt it for U2/UT2 or is the model that drasticly changed that the (for instance) bot-logic related stuff has to be re-written.
[/offtopic, diddling some inside info ;)]

DrSiN 15th January, 2002 02:44 PM

The answer is YES there are some major changes to the hierarchy period, end of story.

But they are good changes :)

As for making something for UT and having it plug in, the answer is ah.. too hard to tell without seeing exactly what you are doing. Something will plug right in, somethings will not.

Steve has made major improvements/changes to the whole AI system so I really don't know how it would effect a mod.

2COOL4-U 15th January, 2002 03:40 PM

Even the engine classes?

I hope my dad is willing to sponor my copy of Delphi 6, if I find him willing to pay. I wanna improve VUC++ :)

DarkByte 15th January, 2002 05:41 PM

2Cool, i am in the process of opening a SourceForge account .. we will probably have to integrate SynEdit into VUC++, but i think it will be worth it.