View Single Post
Unread 21st April, 2007, 09:45 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura View Post
It is not really a bug but a limitation. The trick Usaar33 used for autorecording will only work under certain conditions. Without this trick, the feature would simply not be available. As Anthrax has explained, connecting to a server via a url or via a shortcut will stop the autorecording feature from working properly.

I suggest the following to ensure that demos are recorded. When you change the recording settings in demo manager, exit UT and start it again. Then connect to a server and type "demorec" plus a name of your choosing. If you get a message saying that a demo is already recording, it is apparently working. Do this each time you change settings. You might want to have a key binded with the demorec command to do some quick testing.

The only improvement I can imagine is to have a clear message to say that the autorecorder is active. Also, Anthrax updated demo manager on common request to fix some issues with that have breaken demo playback. It is originally Usaar33's project. If there is indeed a problem on your side, please trace back the steps that cause autorecording to fail. A log extract would be nice too. It is more helpful than saying that something is bugged.
As I said befor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SesioN View Post
I am always getting on the server via Favorites. Always pressing escape after turning UT on to get there, and still it dosn't record every game :////
Are there any logs actuall? I never did check for any :p