View Single Post
Unread 25th December, 2009, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Default [Announcement] ACE v0.1 BETA

As promised, I had some news about the UTDC/Win7 x64 problem. I have not been able to write a satisfactory fix for this (the only working fix for this problem is either allowing windows 7 players to join without being checked or to disable big parts of the UTDC checking routine).

Instead I have been working on a new native anticheat since early august. The name of the new project is "ACE" and it will be released for both the full and the demo version of Unreal Tournament. It is meant to be a replacement for UTDC although I'm expecting that it will catch more cheats.

NPLoader will once again be used as the installer. ACE will be released with NPLoader v1.4 which is quite different from v1.3. New features are a faster/more reliable installer and full linux compatibility (through a native linux clientside mod).

You can find a draft of the ACE readme below:
http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/ReadmeDraft.txt

I'm currently rolling the first beta out on UT demo servers. So far it's looking very good. The only thing that has to be done to finish the UT FullVersion version is the file definitions database (which could be quite a bit of work). I'm aiming for a public beta in the second week of january.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

PS: Sorry for not announcing this earlier. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get this done