View Single Post
Unread 10th September, 2016, 07:06 AM
Administrator

This is a tricky question. Something like this would definitely be in scope, but depending on how these macros are implemented, they might not be so easy to detect. One of my experimental releases (v0.7 (?)) included a check that detected pretty much all of these but that check was incredibly slow and it's fundamentally impossible to make it any faster (even on modern hardware).
If you have any specific tools/cheats in mind, send me a PM, and I'll tell you if I can block it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
Anth, would it be possible to include a client-side macro-detection function in ACE which would detect things like dodge macros, hyper-scroll-wheel jumps* or other "too fast to be humanly possible" key combinations?

I talked to UTrustedPlayer and although his AntiCheat (and Fulcrum's BTAC) are useful on their own, I understand that ACE already contains reliable ways to achieve this?

EDIT: or even better, a way to detect externally-defined keyboard/mouse macros using DLL hooks or something? E.g. AutoHotKey or gaming macro software. If that's within the realms of possibility.

* This is when a player uses a mouse with a fast-spinning scroll wheel to send hundreds of input commands to the server so the command is executed ASAP. Mostly used in BunnyTrack for "bouncing"; pressing jump when you hit the ground after being boosted by a kicker or a slope. Like the use of single-press dodge macros, most consider it cheating.