You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > Bans > Appeals

Unread 2nd June, 2004, 06:48 PM
Administrator/UTAN Admin

Exclamation Been Banned? READ THIS BEFORE POSTING AN APPEAL

If you have been banned from UTAN you will have seen one of these...

If you didn't see above message, chances are you are not banned through UTAN and this forum is not the place to post your ban appeal. Also, questions related to UTAN bans in general (i.e. questions that are not ban appeals) should be posted in the support forum.

You can post in here about it. When you post you must provide the following information:
  1. Ban ID Number, this was shown to you when you were banned from the server. (Make absolutely sure you get this right, because this is used by the automatic ban reply script.)
  2. The nickname you were using at the time.
  3. A reasonably unique part of your GUID. (CD-Key Hash, displayed under Settings -> Game; there are no "o"s in it, only zeroes)
    DO NOT POST YOUR CD-KEY! With "reasonably unique part" we mean the first or last 8 characters of the GUID.
    Note: We may not be able to give any details about a ban without the GUID.
  4. Your IP address at the time of the ban. (You can visit www.whatismyip.com to find your your current IP.)
  5. A valid e-mail we can contact you on. (It will be turned into an image by the forum software so it can not automatically be harvested.)
  6. An explaination for why the ban should be removed, because 99% of the time, you'll know why you're banned. Explainations such as...
    • "I was just testing the aimbot/radar/hack/hook to see what it does"
    • "I was testing the aimbot against the protection on my server"
    • "I've deleted the aimbot now, unban me plz k thx"
    • "I never installed it, your anti-cheat is lying"
    • "My <insert family member> installed it! Not me!!"
    • "I was testing the anti-cheat"
    • "Please unban me i'll never to do it again I promise"
    ...are not acceptable even if they are the truth. There is no excuse to have aimbots installed on your system, if we find evidence of a cheat on your system don't expect the ban to be removed. The same goes for any type of warez versions of the game, bans will NOT be lifted for warez'd cdkeys, these being... Ban #994, #1567, #2342, #3445, #3629, #4401, #7655, #9204 and a few others. If you try to post an appeal for these bans expect it to be locked immediatly. Also, we will not lift Ban #1971, because that's the SET command GUID. Restart your game if you have been banned with that ID.

When creating your post, the topic MUST follow the form of "Ban #IDHERE" otherwise your appeal will not be picked up by our automated bot. If you do not specify all this information your ban will not be looked at. Once our bot has replied to your post it will provide you with certain information...

The first reply made by the bot will contain any ban information that is against your GUID.

Example:
Quote:
This is an automated response...

Listing data for ban #XXXX:
Code:
This is a non-global/global GISP ban.

Offender:   EXAMPLE-BAN
Ban Date:   2006-01-01
GUID:       abcdef12-********-********-34567890a
Admin:      Admin
Reason:     Example

Other Info: EXAMPLE BAN
The posts made after from the bot contain the tracking data for your GUID, what nicknames you have used, the IP's associated with them and how many times each has been used and when. This is to help us spot ban errors or to sometimes point out why you have been banned...

Example:
Quote:
Code:
IP:   123.456.789.123        Country:   United States
Name: Player                 Last used: 01/01/2005 03:19 (used 6 times)
      Player-                           01/01/2005 22:57 (used 5 times)
      Player--                          01/01/2005 23:44 (used 4 times)
If you are banned, you alone are banned, not your clan mate, friend, or someone who has known you since you started playing the game. We dont want to hear comments from your clan mates that your a clean player when the evidence is saying otherwise. We wont take any information other than what is said by you in an appeal, so getting them to post won't help your case.

UTAN bans GUID's, not players. You are responsible for your GUID. Anyone cheating with that GUID will be considered to be you unless otherwise proven.

Last edited by Limited : 28th July, 2006 at 11:40 AM.
Unread 28th September, 2004, 04:44 PM
Administrator/UTAN Admin

Just for those of you who have cheated, and subsequently have been banned due to that here's some information you might want to have read...
Quote:
CHEATING. Nobody likes a cheater. It's a disgraceful way to earn a win and really is an insult to those players who earn their wins in on-line games the old-fashioned way—WITH TALENT. We're pretty hard on cheating in on-line games using the Software because it sullies the overall gaming experience and is JUST PLAIN LAME. With that in mind if you are caught cheating in an on-line game using the Software we will immediately and permanently ban your CD Key. At that point this License Agreement is automatically terminated and you must immediately delete this software from your PC. Failure to comply with this last bit (deleting the software) may bring on the wrath of the lawyers. Trust us…you don't want that.
That has been quoted from the Unreal Tournament 2004 End-User Licence Agreement.

Last edited by elmuerte : 28th October, 2004 at 09:17 PM. Reason: linking to online eula
Unread 15th July, 2005, 01:17 PM
out of order

If you have a non-global ban, but there's no ban reason listed, you might want to contact the admin of the server the ban applies to. Usually you can find the server admin's email address in the UT2004 server browser's server details.
Unread 24th November, 2005, 11:40 PM
out of order

A note on stolen CD keys:
Lately some cheaters were busy crashing popular servers to direct unsuspecting players to faked servers which collected those players' CD key identifications. (another hash, which is unique for each CD key as well and is used as identification at the master server)
We will not unban GUIDs associated with these CD keys. Please contact Epic Games directly at [email address] to get a new CD key. You should provide evidence that you legally own the game.