You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > UTPure FAQ

Unread 15th June, 2006, 10:21 AM
Rampage

Default The bUseFWS setting in pure7G

After setting up a server yesterday i got a bit puzzeled over this setting,
as it from the name hints that it will or no allow FWS - as i can see its not
really the point. Seems it makes equal fast switch between weapons for all
players without dropping the weapon? huh mostly puzzeled cuz FWS is to most here know to be the fast switch you can get by dropping a weapon.

Sencondly there are no documentation for the command and it gets even more puzzeling cuz if the setting is condition TRUE players can individually change FWS true/false with "mutate FWS" huh again
While if server ini has it to false its locked from individual changing the setting.

Did some more test after discovering this and seems there are no real changes in it as you can shoot the sec you drop a weapon and get a new - but since the anti FWS are as far as i can tell build into the pure part it takes two times punching your drop weaponkey before the drop happens and dropping more weapons at once will be delayed significantly, plus some serious lag in the weapons animations - i really dont see how this improve anything as in TDM you often drop weapons to teammates that just respawned - but well thats an old discussion, still messes a lot with the general gameplay in TDM.

Anyone or TNSe can expand this a bit? thx
Unread 15th June, 2006, 11:07 AM
Holy Shit!!

FWS does indeed involve a bind including the throwweapon command. Normal switching is ~ 800 ms while arming a weapon takes a fraction of that. It's considered an exploit by some. I've never tested it to see how it works with Pure but perhaps things have been changed such that FWS offers no advantage. Actually, I think the throwweapon speed was modified at one point. I'm not sure about that though.

P.S: Nice to have seen you on Jolt Deck yesterday (<=EarthDragon).

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.

Last edited by Azura : 15th June, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 15th June, 2006, 11:12 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura
FWS involves does indeed involve a bind including the throwweapon command. Normal switching is ~ 800 ms while arming a weapon takes a fraction of that. It's considered an exploit by some. I've never tested it to see how it works with Pure. Perhaps things have been changed such that FWS offers no advantage.

P.S: Nice to have seen you on Jolt Deck yesterday (<=EarthDragon).
Ye ok thats straighten FWS decripsion - but still its more the settings around it in pure bUseFWS that are puzzeling, cuz it dosent really make sence.

Ye still trying to clean out the Jolt servers from lamers and bots - there seem tho to be an infinite number of them around
Unread 15th June, 2006, 11:26 AM
Holy Shit!!

Well, I think the option is simply designed such that a server admin can block FWS or give players the option of using it. And throwweapon might have been adjusted so it also takes 800 ms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzz
Ye still trying to clean out the Jolt servers from lamers and bots - there seem tho to be an infinite number of them around
Heh, there seems to be a lot of people that have 50 euros to throw around.

Now you mention it, there was one player with very strange behaviour on the LMS 3 server towards the end of the game. He was like spinning around with no real coordination (as if he had 3-4x his usual mousense) but could still get some nice precision in with the mini. I noticed nothing unusual when spectating him in 1stperson though. I have a demo if you want to see it.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.

Last edited by Azura : 15th June, 2006 at 11:30 AM.
Unread 15th June, 2006, 11:38 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Now you mention it, there was one player with very strange behaviour on the LMS 3 server towards the end of the game. He was like spinning around with no real coordination (as if he had 3-4x his usual mousense) but could still get some nice precision in with the mini. I noticed nothing unusual when spectating him in 1stperson though. I have a demo if you want to see it.
Ye slap me on Qnet #ut.jolt and you can get my mail addr - think tho its an bug - i seem to recall hearing that before but let me have a look at it.