You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - General Chat

Unread 1st January, 2008, 07:33 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default CTF problems

Hi there, I'm trying to setup my server to run instagib CTF, however I don't have much success. I've managed to get instagib working, but I can't get CTF working. I've read through the FAQ's here but I still can't quite figure it out.

UTstartup.ini:
CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?Mut ator=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib?GamePassword=?Admin Password=XXXXX

This makes the server start with the map DM-Arsenal, with instagib. So I suppose it doesn't recognize what I've written, and therefore just reverts back to the default map and game mode?
Unread 2nd January, 2008, 05:17 PM
Forum Newcomer

Try adding a CTF map to the command line, like this:

Server CTF-Reflection
Unread 2nd January, 2008, 07:46 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks for your reply.

UTstartup.ini looks like this now after I added a CTF map:

Server CTF-Strident?
CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?Mut ator=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib?GamePassword=?Admin Password=hihi

However it doesn't seem to recognize that command, since I now just get DM-Arsenal and normal weapons. So no instagib if I type in what you said

Last edited by djonk : 3rd January, 2008 at 10:48 AM.
Unread 3rd January, 2008, 10:19 AM
Forum Newcomer

try this in your commandline: CTF-Reflection?Game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?Ga meMode=1?Mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib?all what you need....

It works fine to me
Puplic-Server: 194.30.178.35:27330 [EU]OPB is what you see-(UT3)by www.netgameserver.de
Unread 3rd January, 2008, 11:04 AM
Forum Newcomer

Ok a little more success now
I tried what you wrote, and I successfully get instagibCTF on the server, but the map is still freakin' Arsenal.. So it's iCTF on DM-Arsenal. My provider have put all the maps in this folder: /ut3/UTGame/CookedPC/Private/Maps/
Maybe I have to specify where the game needs to be looking for the maps? Although that doesn't make sense, since DM-Arsenal is in that directory as well. There are only a few maps in the default map directory (/ut3/UTGame/CookedPC/Maps/), neither of which are CTF-Reflection or DM-Arsenal.

What the fudge am I doing wrong?
Also, my UTstartup.ini now looks like this:
CTF-Reflection?Game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?Ga meMode=1?Mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_instagib?GamePas sword=?AdminPassword=blabasd
Unread 3rd January, 2008, 07:52 PM
Killing Spree

First of all, you don't need to specify the maps location. The location for the default maps is /ut3/utgame/cookedpc/private/maps. Now, if you were to add new maps to the server then the location should be /ut3/utgame/published/cookedpc/custommaps/, you will place all the map related files there, .ut3, .upk, and .ini files.

To get your server started with iCTF and CTF-Reflection, try this: make sure there are no spaces between GameMode, I have no clue why this forum seperates them.

Server
CTF-reflection?Game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?Ga meMode=1?Mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_instagibMaxPlaye rs=12?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=7?bIsDedicated=True?A dminPassword=password?-multihome=(type your server IP) -port 7777 -unattended -login=(your game spy login for the server) -password=(gamespy password) log=(your choice of location) -nohomedir

Unread 3rd January, 2008, 10:48 PM
Forum Newcomer

Ok thanks for your reply. It didn't quite work tho, I still got the same problem. It won't switch from Arsenal. I typed in exactly what you wrote, except I corrected those strange spaces that appear here and there for some reason:

CTF-Reflection?Game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?Ga meMode=1?Mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_instagib?MaxPlay ers=12?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=7?bIsDedicated=True? AdminPassword=xxxx?-multihome=xxxxxx -port 7900 -unattended -login=xxxxx -password=xxxxx log=blabla.log -nohomedir

I also skipped the "Server"-part in the beginning, that just makes the server go normal weapons, DM.
Unread 3rd January, 2008, 11:28 PM
Killing Spree

Not sure about the server thing. I have it on my server and no issues starting a CTF instagib server, that's all my clan plays. Check it out on the sig.
Also, who's your game host? Try it with ctf-coret and see what happens. Did you verify if you even have the maps? Also, if you're interested in getting to work, post your log file so we can see what the actuall command line used and what is loaded.