You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > Announcements

Unread 20th September, 2006, 04:50 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura
Countering native with uscript code is an exercise in futility. Now, if only El_Muerte would share the warlock code with someone trustworthy...
Can't start a project like that yourself? You puke out someone who's actually trying to help and then try to rip his hard work as well?

And just so you know, you can detect hooks with uscript

- HyPz
Unread 20th September, 2006, 05:53 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura
Now, if only El_Muerte would share the warlock code with someone trustworthy...
Nah, I don't think that will be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACE]Miniman
You puke out someone who's actually trying to help and then try to rip his hard work as well?
Releasing a server crashing exploit while he was working on Warlock wasn't very helpful
You even said yourself that you were personally against that kind of action

Last edited by Shambler : 20th September, 2006 at 05:58 PM.
Unread 20th September, 2006, 06:22 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambler
Nah, I don't think that will be happening.

Releasing a server crashing exploit while he was working on Warlock wasn't very helpful
You even said yourself that you were personally against that kind of action
True, you're right about that but it already started before that.
Unread 20th September, 2006, 06:32 PM
Holy Shit!!

I believe the headers of UT2k4 aren't made public, so you can't make a native anticheat without reverse engenering, and i also believe that that happens to be illegal.
Unread 20th September, 2006, 07:06 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaii
I believe the headers of UT2k4 aren't made public, so you can't make a native anticheat without reverse engenering, and i also believe that that happens to be illegal.
dd wants ut2004 dead no matter what. it doesn't matter if they break the law or hurt anyone. as long as ut2004 dies.
Unread 20th September, 2006, 07:45 PM
Holy Shit!!

Yeah so...... what's your point?
Unread 20th September, 2006, 07:52 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Magdalene
dd wants ut2004 dead no matter what. it doesn't matter if they break the law or hurt anyone. as long as ut2004 dies.
Aint it already dead? It became a personal matter between us and epic which unfortunatly your got involved in. Think whatever you want about us, but with some you can actually have a normal conversation. Epic went as far as banning us (MasterServer) even when we play on our own servers which WE payed for ... So, now to come to the point, would you buy a game on which you know you'd get banned on or get your key stolen? Guess not huh.
Unread 20th September, 2006, 08:24 PM
Dominating

can anyone suggest something for FragOps 2.16 ? There are still some servers left for it. We had the previous version of UTAN before.
Unread 20th September, 2006, 08:47 PM
Forum Newcomer

you get points for admitting it. my key has never been stolen and i rarely see any cheaters so cant agree with you there. i also doubt you only cheated on your own server .
Unread 20th September, 2006, 10:36 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Magdalene
you get points for admitting it. my key has never been stolen and i rarely see any cheaters so cant agree with you there. i also doubt you only cheated on your own server .
Trust me, i BARELY ever play on public servers. I'm not a cheater of that kind and actually have (Well, had as i didnt play legit for some time now) legit skills without any kind of cheat. If you'd check the banlist for the name 'HyPeR-X' ull see that theres actually not that many bans on my name. (Maybe 5 or sth like that i guess)
Unread 20th September, 2006, 11:10 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACE]Miniman
Can't start a project like that yourself? You puke out someone who's actually trying to help and then try to rip his hard work as well?

And just so you know, you can detect hooks with uscript
What ? Did I hear something ? Some intelligent answers in response to whispers of the wind :

- Why reproduce something that's already been done ?
- Is there such a thing as honour among thieves ?
- Is detecting hooks using uscript worthwhile in view of the limited success a project like nbsp had ?

P.S: Testing incapacity to not respond to something concerning cheating issues.
Unread 22nd September, 2006, 01:01 PM
Rampage

Its a shame nothing has a system to record everything and programs that are using and sending too and from memory, which never hindered performance. That way aplications and servers could monitor this data, any thing that shouldn't be there would be seen and anything run before (if XP had a simular system) would be logged and found. Would help with loads of viruses too, and yes they could be masked but with a lot of vc and antispyware u can menaully block stuff u know aint right.
But then I think hardware would have to play a big part in this too, but with Nvidia trying to add firewall into there bios maybe we are heading this way.
I suppose UTAN would become apart of a system like that if it became the norm for all pc actions.

So if anyone has a time machine and could rush off the the future if its still there and grab the tech, would appreciate it.
But seriously I think anticheat will eventually be like or tie in with AntiSpyware/Virus Checkers but its just taking tooo long.

Last edited by AndyMc-IceMan : 22nd September, 2006 at 01:14 PM.