You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Beta Only

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 21st October, 2007, 09:05 AM
Rampage

Default Server Description

e:\UT3_server\Binaries\ut3demo server DM-ShangriLa?MaxPlayers=8?MinNetPlayers=8?bShouldAdve rtise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllo wJoinInProgress=False?bAllowInvites=False?bUsesPre sence=False?bAllowJoinViaPresence=False?bUsesArbit ration=False?bIsDedicated=True?GameMode=4?PureServ er=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=1?bots kill=3?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?ServerDescription= 11600010100011500011600003200011500010100011400011 8000101000114000?NumPlay=0?game=UTGame.UTTeamGame? AdminName=yyyy?AdminPassword=xxxxi?GamePassword=zz zz -log=Dedicatedserverlog.log -login=fakelogin -password=fakepass -port=7977 -unattended

Can anyone spot errors in this cmd line which would cause the server name not to being displayed - and instead just show the default "Unreal Tournament 3 Server" instead?

I've been working on fixing this since the day of the demo release.

Tried using the old format with ?serverdescription="name here"
Tried with ?serverdescription=[Name_Here]
Tried with ?serverdescription=NameHere
Tried with about 20 different binary codes/names as shown above in the cmd line that I posted.
Tried with about 15 different, unique gamespy account that I created (using both valid and placebo email addresses (seems to make no difference anyway)).

I'm trying to get this to work on a Windows 2003 (using the win2k3 exe) server with full administrator rights.
I have also hosted with the very same cmd line here from my own XP 32-bit machine with the same results.

I've had several server admins give me their exact cmd lines, which I then tried to launch my own server with; again with the same result: "Unreal Tournament 3 Demo Server".

I've tried having other people creating a gamespy (from within the UT3 demo) account for me, which I used in my cmd line. Again: no difference in server name.

I don't know what to do from this point on - other than waiting for Epic to release the next demo/patch.

I'm trying this forum as my last hope, thinking you guys here are probably the best at this kind of stuff.

Any suggestions?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.