You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Universal Unreal

Unread 17th February, 2009, 05:30 AM
Killing Spree

Default BT Universal Unreal

Thanks to Skillz, the BT Universe has been set up. It's currently set at http://www.planetbunnytrack.com/universalunreal/ As of now only two servers are participating. If you would your BT server to participate, visit the following site: http://planetbunnytrack.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38 Hope to see some more BT servers participating!

Unread 17th February, 2009, 05:36 AM
Holy Shit!!

Cool. But just FYI - the post on 'http://planetbunnytrack.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38' has the incorrect URL (/unrealuniverse instead of /universalunreal)
Unread 17th February, 2009, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I should probably change that so its not confusing, huh?

edit
Ok, I fixed that. Now Matthew looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files

Last edited by 2399Skillz : 17th February, 2009 at 05:40 AM.
Unread 18th February, 2009, 03:55 PM
Holy Shit!!

AH i did not see a seperate bt part so i posted in the general part.

I do not want to participate at this moment and will see where this leads to.
Sound like a nice proggie but i do not see the value of it on my servers.

I asked also some members what they think about it and there answer was it only will distract ya during a run when you get a pm or seeing a buddy get online or what server he joins.

So to make sure the lag stays out no distration for people during a capping run it seems to me that it has totaly no value to my servers.

Nice concept tho.

ps instead of such a system i would rather see some update like BT++ or a better scoreboard or a univeral timer like i4games has.

Those things would tribute much more value to my servers.

Greets face
Unread 18th February, 2009, 04:26 PM
Holy Shit!!

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
AH i did not see a seperate bt part so i posted in the general part.

I do not want to participate at this moment and will see where this leads to.
Sound like a nice proggie but i do not see the value of it on my servers.

I asked also some members what they think about it and there answer was it only will distract ya during a run when you get a pm or seeing a buddy get online or what server he joins.

So to make sure the lag stays out no distration for people during a capping run it seems to me that it has totaly no value to my servers.

Nice concept tho.

ps instead of such a system i would rather see some update like BT++ or a better scoreboard or a univeral timer like i4games has.

Those things would tribute much more value to my servers.

Greets face
It's usually not found to be a distraction, I created it to be quite unobtrusive. The communication is extremely efficient and barely generates extra traffic at all, so don't put worry into lagging

I had similar comments from SLV's players when we first started. Now when it stops working everyone complains b/c they feel lost without it, heh

I completely understand your concerns. Perhaps as more servers adopt it you'll see the light Thanks for the comments though.
Unread 18th February, 2009, 07:50 PM
Holy Shit!!

Ya we will see altho there are not many good bt servers left.

I always used all you made matt and i was always very pleased with it.

In general the support is good and sometimes crappy but what ya want the game is old

I am trying to keep it alive as long as i can i just love it. If this will help then we will see but for now i just don't see the benefits of it.
Unread 18th February, 2009, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Isn't it possible to not display the UU extra HUD information?

For the players who think it will become a problem/distraction, ask them not to create an account(guess they think they have to make an account to use it). No one is forcing them and it's not a requirement to have an account, to be on the server.

Maybe that's something else you can add into another version, Matthew. The ability to set your "status". IE: Away, unavailable, busy, etc..

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 18th February, 2009, 08:57 PM
Holy Shit!!

Yes clients can disable both the extra HUD information and voice notifications (voice notifications are only for registered players though). If they want to see that information when their HUD overlay is disabled, they can still say !hud or press F7 to have that displayed temporarily.

And Skillz is correct, UU is very useful whether you register or not. Unregistered users can still see the server information if they choose to, and also make use of the commands !moreinfo, !gothere, and !whoat
Unread 19th February, 2009, 04:53 AM
Killing Spree

In regards to the distraction, it's not like the nexgen windowed PM where you get stopped in the middle of a run. It's just a little message on the left. Not only that, everything can be disabled. And if you do disable the hud and get a PM, you can always go back to the website to read it as it stores your PMs. You can also PM people while you're on the website which is also a neat little feature.

It's a neat tool imo, and the more servers that join the better.

Unread 25th February, 2009, 12:18 AM
Holy Shit!!

Yeah it might be a neat tool a tool that i do not need like i said in my post above here.I am rather intrested in other things like UT Stats getting upgraded ONCE for BT. I asked that a few times already but noone cares about it not even for some anticheats. And now we got this nice addition to nexgen popping right out f the blue andnow it would be nice to get some BT servers on it as well and there is even a site for them just great.

Sorry but to late. I just keep it as it is i am doing fine without it.Some people made me bitter here and that aint gone get better.

But good luck with it hope you find some who will join!!
Unread 25th February, 2009, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

UTStats + BT? I though someone made a modification for that already? Though I think you might want it to show the records/times instead of caps on UTStats. If that's the case, I wish I had the know how to do it, I'd gladly do it as I think it would be a nice addition to UTStats.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 25th February, 2009, 09:03 AM
Holy Shit!!

Well killereye is his name read this topic where he said he would integrate it but then nothin happend and he never replied again or what so ever.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...360#post128360

So if you want to integrate it be my guest and contact him.

ps on ut-files i can not find utstats trigger,well i find the x4 one but the trigger v01 i can not find it. That one worked for me and the x4 does not even let my server boot up again.

Anyway thx for the time.
Unread 25th February, 2009, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

[quote=face;147412]Well killereye is his name read this topic where he said he would integrate it but then nothin happend and he never replied again or what so ever.[/QUOTE

So let me get this straight. You are upset/mad because someone who offered to spend their free time making something, for free mind you, didn't pull though with it for whatever reason.

I'm not sure where to find v01. If someone can find a link to it, I'd upload it. Although x4 should work just fine. Probably just something misconfiguration on your end.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 25th February, 2009, 08:31 PM
Holy Shit!!

I have the original.

http://drop.io/download/49a5aa96/eb0...rigger_zip.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2399Skillz View Post
So let me get this straight. You are upset/mad because someone who offered to spend their free time making something, for free mind you, didn't pull though with it for whatever reason.
Agreed.
Unread 25th February, 2009, 09:41 PM
Holy Shit!!

[quote=2399Skillz;147436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
Well killereye is his name read this topic where he said he would integrate it but then nothin happend and he never replied again or what so ever.[/QUOTE

I'm not sure where to find v01. If someone can find a link to it, I'd upload it. Although x4 should work just fine. Probably just something misconfiguration on your end.
I am not mad or upset and he did not have to make it he already had it working on his own utstats.

I am just a bit disappointed tho,if i offer someone help or when i made something i share it if they need it and when i say i do it i do it.

For the rest it has nothing to do with the plugin you guys have just i do not see the use in it.

@matthew link is dead or it times out.

ABout trigger x4 doesn't matter were i put the actor it just does not boot up the server then.
Unread 25th February, 2009, 09:47 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
paysite can not download it
Unread 25th February, 2009, 10:06 PM
Holy Shit!!

Re-upped to different website:
http://depositfiles.com/files/0liy03234
Unread 26th February, 2009, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Matthew, why didn't you just upload it to ut-files. LOL

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 26th February, 2009, 02:54 AM
Holy Shit!!

I didn't know how your new cool indexing thing worked... if I drop the file in there, will your PHP script automatically do the rest?
Unread 26th February, 2009, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I didn't know how your new cool indexing thing worked... if I drop the file in there, will your PHP script automatically do the rest?
Yup. Just do everything like you normally would. It's auto indexes the directories.

Good cover up though. LOL

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files