You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Mac Specific

Unread 22nd August, 2007, 01:32 PM
Rampage

Default Cache Cleaner?

Does there exist a cache cleaner that will run under OS X where classic isn't available (intel based mac).

Thanks,

Tommy
Unread 22nd August, 2007, 02:49 PM
Holy Shit!!

I have one for linux and I know OSX is based on unix so maybe it will work with some tweaking.

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/d...d=cache.tar.gz

-= F R A G G A L O N I A... R E S U R R E C T I O N! O L D... S K O O L... S N I P E R =- unreal://82.40.94.2

Old skool sniping. Just you, your weapon, and gravity.
Unread 22nd August, 2007, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Here's an unrealscript cache cleaner I wrote a long time ago. I haven't tested it on other platforms but it should be fully linux/mac compatible.

http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/KeshKleenor
Unread 23rd August, 2007, 10:18 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
Here's an unrealscript cache cleaner I wrote a long time ago. I haven't tested it on other platforms but it should be fully linux/mac compatible.

http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/KeshKleenor
Works perfect, just what I needed.

Really well done, great job. It is fast and easy to use. I am going to add it to the downloads section of our clan site!

Thanks!

{DOU}Tommy
Unread 23rd August, 2007, 10:21 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~V~ View Post
I have one for linux and I know OSX is based on unix so maybe it will work with some tweaking.

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/d...d=cache.tar.gz
Coding is something I have not yet learned, so even something monor like that is beyond me. Thanks anyway!

{DOU}Tommy
Unread 24th May, 2016, 09:42 PM
Killing Spree

Sorry to bump an old post but i saw no reason to make a new post on the same topic.

A clanmate plays ut on a mac and when i saw this post i thought the keshkleenor is just what he needs but he`s leery of installing it because he does not have a mod tab in his ut.

His OS is Tiger 4.11 if he installs keshkleenor will he have a mod tab and can it cause him any problems?

Thanks for any help.
Unread 6th June, 2016, 06:06 AM
out of order

The Mod menu only shows up when there's actually anything that wants to be listed there. But generally, what would you/he expect such a program to do?

Generally I'd recommend installing mods from their original sources, because the cache only includes the data, not the configuration. Also, potential server-side only components that might be required for offline play or hosting games would be missing entirely.
Unread 8th June, 2016, 09:32 PM
Killing Spree

Thanks Wormbo.
I expected keshkleenor to add a mod menu to his ut.
The reason to use some kind of cache cleaner is so you don`t have to keep downloading the same files over and over again.

Yes its best to install mods from there original sources.
He is away on a RV trip now but next time i talk to him i`ll tell him it should add a mod menu to his ut.
Unread 9th June, 2016, 04:08 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB View Post
so you don`t have to keep downloading the same files over and over again.

in the UnrealTournament.ini

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=0

Unread 10th July, 2016, 10:45 PM
Killing Spree

Yes i know, but when he changes it to =0 his ut does the first run and replaces the unrealtournamet.ini.
I had him start ut and open console and type preferences to bring up the advanced options menu but his ut wont bring it up, he tryed preference instead and got unreconised command.
I had him email a copy of his ini, when i open it with notepad all the text is bunched up and has some narrow boxes between text.
The boxes i was sure had something to do with line spacing, i did`nt think it would work but i deleted the 3 clicked the close button clicked yes to save changes and emailed it back to him.
His ut started normal and purgecachedays is staying =0.
His mainbord on his G5 died and he took it and his G4 in to some shop and he said they copied or cloned his OSX to the G4 and he ended up with 2 installs of ut.
He plays from Unrealtournament2 install.
He emailed me pictures of the unrealtournament2 install lastnite and asked if it save to delete some copy of files, looking at the pictures i emailed him back and told him not to delete any files yet.
I dont know who worked on his mac but they really messed things up.
My main question now is should not the folder/directory structure for ut be the same no matter what os its installed on?
Going to try to attach one of the pickures you can see that theres files that should be in the system folder that are in unrealtournament2 folder instead, i dont know how is ut is running like this.