You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 8th December, 2005, 08:40 AM
out of order

Exclamation Contacting me

First of all, as long as there's no good reason against it, I like have bugs posted here in this forum and not PM'd/emailed/IRC-queried to me. This way everyone is aware of the bug and nobody needs to report it again. Secondly, there is no such thing as an "obvious bug" - if the bug is not mentioned anywhere, I probably don't know about it. Don't expect a bug to be fixed if it is not mentioned here, I need to know about it in order to be able to fix it, right?

Simply mentioning a bug to me often isn't enough for me to fix it. For example it's not useful if you tell me that Anti TCC kicks everyone attempting to connect to your server. I need details to reproduce bugs before I can reliably fix them, and no, Anti TCC logs are not enough detail. A bug can depend on server and client settings. See UnrealWiki: A Bug's Life for more details about reporting bugs in a way that's helpful to the programmer. If there's a beta thread for the version you found the bug in, please report it there, otherwise please use the Bugs forum.

Then there's what I call the "hi" problem: Someone sends "hi", "u there?" or any variation or combination of these lines as an IRC query. PLEASE follow up with your actual problem otherwise I may decide to not reply when I'm busy. Also, when I'm AFK and get back to the computer I can read about (and respond to, if you're still there) your problem.

Lastly, if you need to contact me privately and your German is better than your English, by all means write in German. I'd like to understand what you try to tell me.

Last edited by Wormbo : 29th June, 2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: what bugs?
Unread 29th June, 2012, 04:47 PM
out of order

BTW: Because I've been getting unprovoked gibberish via PMs here (something about Jailbreak being ungood, I think), I currently do not accept PMs. Try PMs on BU or Epic forums instead, if you really need to talk in private. Personally I still prefer things happening in public, though. So if you are having problems with one of my mods, start a thread. Others with similar problems will thank you. And yes, you are not alone, so don't act as if you are.

Oh, and to that dude spamming my inbox: Go see a therapist. I'm sure you will receive the help you need.
Unread 30th June, 2012, 12:37 AM
Godlike

That's a shame wormbo. Few have done as much as you to help so many budding developers get their legs under them so they can properly reach to the sky.

All across UT forums it's becoming very quiet this summer, much more so than usual. This is historically when the spammers start trying to garner a foothold. I hope it doesn't cause you to make yourself less available if you have to deal with an upswing in that sort of behavior.