You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 17th September, 2002, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Evolution has asked me to collate any bugs/suggestions you all have for web admin and the console admin functions.

Could you please post them under this thread in the following manner:

Quote:
Type: Bug
Info: blah blah etc etc web admin blah blah
Please try not to use this thread for discussion as its purely a feedback thread

Thanks!
Unread 17th September, 2002, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Type:Suggestion/feature needed

Info: Atm i can not see a place to set the inagme adminpassword.

The password used for webadmin will not work for ingame and there does not seem to be a place to set it anywhere

Type:Bug
Info:when creatign a new group i always recieve the rror emssage invalid character in group name. However charactersa re all small case and normal letters and have tried a number of characters

Type:Bug
Info:The default Admin account does nto have all the admin priviledges checked and do not stay checked when chcked. This maybe the cause of the above problem

p.s. welcoem about to evoultion
Unread 18th September, 2002, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks very much Bry! Good to be aboard

As of this moment -
No way to set game password
Resolved - Darkbyte has already corrected this for the final release.

Unable to add new groups in web admin
Resolved - Same as above

Admin account has no privileges checked - This is intentional. I feel that the privileges should be checked for the admin account to reiterate that the admin account has all privileges, but darkbyte felt that doing it this way made it more obvious that the admin account was a special account. We're still debating on this one (but I'll win )
Unread 18th September, 2002, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

hehe
im sure youll find theis place fun and thxs for the answers
Unread 18th September, 2002, 03:56 PM
Killing Spree

I've already posted this at INA forums, but since you asked

1. Demos

One feature that I would love to see is the ability to set up demo recording server side which would be great for clan matches. One of the problems of client side demos is that you only see the action of areas close to the person recording the demo. A server side demo records ALL action. The way I would implement it would be to have a button to turn the feature on or off. Also, have a check field for it to be automatically turned on if server is in Tournament mode. Have a field for the prefix for the saved demo file name. Example, SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder. Then have fields for suffix with options for:

a. Incremental numbering (SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder 1, SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder2, etc...)
b. Map names (SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder Anubis1, SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder Anubis2, etc....)
c. Date/Time (SOG Vs. Pi8 OGL ladder 9/16/02 12:14:32, etc...)

2. Aliasing

Allow the server to specify whether aliasing is allowed or not. If set to NO, then the name shown is the name registered to that CD ID.

3. Banner

Have a field for a text(s) message that can be displayed at specified intervals (eg, Check out our home page at XXXX). Maybe allow for rotations of text messages. For example, you could have 3 messages, one that displays at the start of each map, one at the end of each map, and one during the map every 90 seconds. Or 3 messages that rotate every 2 minutes throughout the map etc...

4. Translocator

I don't see an option to allow/remove translocator. I noticed this when I started up my server in DM mode (no trans specified in .bat or ini), then when I switched server to Boming Run there was no trans in game and I had no way to add it via web admin.

5. Game Password Plus

In addition to allowing for a game password (I'm hoping the ommision of this is going to fixed) allow for the specifying of only certain CD ID's to join the server. For clan matches this would stop people from putting in unallowed substitutions. Each team would have to sumbit the IDs of their players before hand and then the admin would set it up. This was brought up in an interview with Dr. Sin.
Unread 19th September, 2002, 03:43 AM
Forum Newcomer

1) Demos will be fully working in first final Patch, nothing i know about how it will be done thought.

2) Aliasing: IMO, this could be considered like privacy invasion.

3) Banner. Seems more like MOD material.

4) Not configurable anymore ... not sure why thought.

5) This is a Mod i will be making if i find time, but it wont be based on CD Keys.
Unread 19th September, 2002, 04:32 AM
Killing Spree

For the No Aliasing option what I'm saying is that in order to join a server you cannot be aliasing. If you are aliasing you are rejected when you try to join. Nothing private is revealed. I'm pretty sure Tribes2 has this as an admin option.
Unread 19th September, 2002, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

BUG - WebAdmin

When sending messages via web admin console, "WebAdmin:" appears twice to players in the game.

ex: In webadmin, I type:

"say Hello players"

In the game, players see:

"WebAdmin: WebAdmin: Hello players"
Unread 19th September, 2002, 10:43 PM
Forum Newcomer

The web admin function to change the skill level of bots that an admin adds does not appear to work. The default is Novice and if you select a more advance skill and then click on accept, it appears to snap back to Novice, with no effect even if you re-start the server.
Unread 21st September, 2002, 03:07 AM
Forum Newcomer

Two more bugs maybe...

1. seems like this function is broke in webadmin, can only adminster instagib from command line.

2. e-mail form under server tab in webadmin does not allow for entry of fairly long e-mail addresses.
Unread 21st September, 2002, 03:08 AM
Forum Newcomer

On webadmin, seems like it might be a good idea to have a reboot server button as well as just a restart level button.
Unread 21st September, 2002, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustaCap
For the No Aliasing option what I'm saying is that in order to join a server you cannot be aliasing. If you are aliasing you are rejected when you try to join. Nothing private is revealed. I'm pretty sure Tribes2 has this as an admin option.
I disagree. I, for one, do not want ANYONE telling me that I cannot change my online nick if I choose to do so. There is nothing about aliasing that causes a disadvantage to other players, and does not affect gameplay in any way. If a player does not want anyone to know who he is, then so be it, that should be his right, end of story.
Unread 21st September, 2002, 07:26 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution
There is nothing about aliasing that causes a disadvantage to other players...
That is not necessarily true. Have you ever played in a match and wondered if the peeps you were playing against were who they said they were? I've played in matches where I found out later that the other team had used subs illegally. I started to log the ip's of all the "regulars" on my server and then compare those to the people playing in matches on my server to see if anyone was subbing. And they were.

Epic seems very committed to the competitive crowd and this OPTION would be a very useful tool to keep matches fair. If this game really does take off and become the "standard" for competitive online matches (with prizes, etc...) you can bet your bottom dollar that people will be using "ringers" in matches.

I think all of us agree that online cheating is a "bad thing". We all want Dr. Sin's safeguards built in to the game. The no aliasing option would be another measure to minimize a different type of cheating.
Unread 22nd September, 2002, 01:12 AM
Administrator

I believe DrSin is *thinking* of releasing what you require as a mod
Unread 30th September, 2002, 04:06 PM
Forum Newcomer

bug:
Set 'Friendly fire' to 30 using webadmin, shows up as 3000 (!) in the LAN game browser list.

suggestion:
Autorefresh (10 secs or so) of the current game - players list page. I like to keep this visible when playing on another monitor.
Unread 2nd October, 2002, 03:59 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
bug:
Set 'Friendly fire' to 30 using webadmin, shows up as 3000 (!) in the LAN game browser list.
You would want to set FF to 0.300000 not 30.00000
Unread 2nd October, 2002, 05:07 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Quote:
bug:
You would want to set FF to 0.300000 not 30.00000
Correct, I've adjusted the settings likewise. But the webadmin indicates to set it from 0-999, instead of 0.0 to 0.999.
Unread 2nd October, 2002, 09:37 PM
Forum Newcomer

It would be nice to have the ability to not advertise a server (as is the case in UT).

Someone told me that I could disable the connection to the master server, but I suspect this would prevent stats from working as well, which is not desirable.

If this has already been discussed, please point the way.

Thanks.
Unread 4th October, 2002, 05:34 AM
Forum Newcomer

Player List:
Right now all the links to the columns are all set to sort by name.

Sort by the particular column would be sweet!
Unread 4th October, 2002, 06:53 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFox
Someone told me that I could disable the connection to the master server, but I suspect this would prevent stats from working as well, which is not desirable.
Yup, after verifying with the Master Server Guru, he confirmed what you just suspected. Stats server is tightly bound to "advertise server".