You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 11th May, 2004, 12:11 AM
Rampage

With the client rate set at 10000 I was seeing MUCH lower CPU useage... We'll see what happens
Unread 11th May, 2004, 01:27 AM
Killing Spree

I am still a non-believer, I am going to have to jump in to see how it is

Is that Windoze 2000?

15% Discount for the first 3 months on all
servers ordered before June 1st!!
http://www.o3servers.com
Unread 11th May, 2004, 02:42 AM
Rampage

Yeah, windows 2000 server.... I am changing maps.. Maybe you can help me with this, I have 3 maps that aren't in the normal release, it won't let people download those 3 maps, ONS-Desolate, ONS-Aridoom, and ONS-Ascendancy and those won't download to people, if I load in mutators such as UTComp, it downloads fine.... Am I missing something simple
Unread 11th May, 2004, 06:01 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX
Yeah, windows 2000 server.... I am changing maps.. Maybe you can help me with this, I have 3 maps that aren't in the normal release, it won't let people download those 3 maps, ONS-Desolate, ONS-Aridoom, and ONS-Ascendancy and those won't download to people, if I load in mutators such as UTComp, it downloads fine.... Am I missing something simple
Its very possible that your set up for UnrealAdmin.org's redirection service. If thats the case, you should ALWAYS make sure that any maps you have in circulation, are on their list. I suggest setting up your own redirection so that map/mutator downloads are FAST and consistant. I am looking at the redirection list now, and it looks like they chopped alot of maps out of it. MSN me at [email address] if you need assistance...
Unread 11th May, 2004, 12:33 AM
Rampage

I was trying just the built in download, I know it's slow, but it at least gets the job done....

Then I did try UnrealAdmins site (uz2.gameserver.net/ut2004) or something like that I think... And that didn't work either... Hmmmm
Unread 11th May, 2004, 02:49 AM
Killing Spree

Its just "http://uz.unrealadmin.org/" Also, make sure you set allow downloads to FALSE when redirecting, and TRUE when not, but like I strongly advised, set up your own redirect. Its really simple and much more efficiant.

If you use the INI Generator (link located on the upper left) it sets up the redirect for UnrealAdmin.org's redirect service, so then you have no worries.

Shat

Unread 14th May, 2004, 11:11 PM
Killing Spree

the reason those files wont push is a bug "official flag" which tells the unreal engine not to allow clients to download them
Unread 15th May, 2004, 07:20 AM
Forum Newcomer

hi guys,

this might be a bit anoying, but personally, I tried to run the UT2k4 dedicated server on my server, config :

- P3 600MHz (100MHz FSB)
- 384MB SDRAM
- 80GB HDD UDMA33
- 10Mb LAN (can't afford to change my old hub to a 100Mb switch yet)
- Windows 2k3

I set to a max of 32 players, put a minimum of 12 players (so I get bots to play), I played alone as I don't have many mates around playing it.
well with 12 players, it does'nt seem to lag (have'nt tried ONS yet only TDM)
the machine I play the game on it a Apple PowerBook 12" with only 256MB DDR (I need more because it does'nt load fast enough)

all I'm looking for is to link my 2° server to the fisrt one (I have another server quite the same as the first) in order to balance the loads of the bots and the connections (I posted on this)

pleased to help when I can

TNT
Unread 20th May, 2004, 05:32 PM
Forum Newcomer

i like to see 2 admin talking ... witch kind of server is that compaq proliant ? Dell poweredge? or home server ?
Unread 20th May, 2004, 05:38 PM
Forum Newcomer

ux redirection is working very great for me
Unread 20th May, 2004, 11:28 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theteck
i like to see 2 admin talking ... witch kind of server is that compaq proliant ? Dell poweredge? or home server ?
They are all home built, and put together by my old boss. I didnt want to build them so I can could on a warentee Also because any type of company that uses proprietary hardware such as Dell, Compaq, or Gateway, causes any type of upgrades or service to be quite expensive. But as you may have read these are very powerfully built Intel machines, and only the very best parts were used as my specifications were met.

Unread 20th May, 2004, 11:31 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited
Unless you have a AMD 64bit processor to use, don't bother.
With that statement made, is that Single or dual proc? I am curious now, because 32 players is not easy to run on these HT Intel proc's, in ANY mode.
Unread 21st May, 2004, 02:36 AM
Rampage

Single proc from what I've heard.. UT doesn't know how to use more than one anyways
Unread 21st May, 2004, 02:53 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX
Single proc from what I've heard.. UT doesn't know how to use more than one anyways
UT dosn't however, if you know windows, you know how you can do it In previous posts of this same thread, I explain how to do it in windows. WIth FireDaemon, you can also use affinity masks, so you dont constantly have to set the affinity to a program after restarting it. This especially helps with games such as RavenShield, using the unreal engine, yet crashing 3-4 times a day. With the proper batch scripting and service rendering, you will have a "down" free server.

Back to the topic at hand, 1 single AMD 64-Bit Proc can handle 32 players? Does anyone have screenies of the proc usage with 64 players in the server? If a single proc machine can handle 1 32 player Onslaught server, can a Dual proc handle 2 servers, and then some? I need more info...

Thanks
Unread 21st May, 2004, 02:30 PM
Killing Spree

How much memory does a 32 player Onslaught use? I would assume it to be safely below 512MB.

Unread 24th May, 2004, 10:22 PM
Killing Spree

Could HT be a crock? I disabled it, and run (EDIT)27 players flawless....

Unread 26th May, 2004, 09:24 AM
Rampage

Woah, with HT enabled you couldn't get 32 players well, but with it disabled you got 32 with no problems?

Kinda makes me wonder if the Unreal code doesn't like HT at all, maybe it needlessly makes the engine run slower. It's entirely possible that UT2004 just doesn't know how to deal with HT, and it hinders its performance if it's there.
Unread 26th May, 2004, 01:29 PM
Killing Spree

Read the above edit, I couldnt hit 32 after all, I had to beat the piss out of my machine for 3 days and still got no 32 players. HT disabled made matters worse.

Unread 3rd June, 2004, 09:32 PM
Forum Newcomer

I was wondering if the the problem might be a memory bandwidth issue because thats the biggest advantage the 64bit AMD has over a Xeon. Has anybody tried a single P4 with dual ch DDR?