You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > Feature Requests

Unread 18th January, 2005, 05:31 PM
Godlike

Default Easier Global Ban Request

Incorporate a "Global Ban Request" button into the UTAN Admin's Personal UTAN page, thus ending the repetitive submission to the UTAN Submission page in the UTAN forums.

All the information that is being requested is located on the UTAN Admins personal page complete with evidence log. It is redundant to have to completely submit the same material again in the Forums.

Thanks, and you fellows have done a great job with UTAN. Very appreciated.

Warped_Out
Unread 3rd February, 2005, 02:33 PM
Unstoppable

Good Idea.

I received an email "Recommended Ban Submission" to upgrade one of my server bans to a global ban. i would prefere to do this in the utan webinterface and not
in the public forum. i can't remember when i saw a post in the submission forum.

regards

rapmoc
Unread 3rd February, 2005, 02:39 PM
UTAN Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmoc
Good Idea.

I received an email "Recommended Ban Submission" to upgrade one of my server bans to a global ban. i would prefere to do this in the utan webinterface and not
in the public forum. i can't remember when i saw a post in the submission forum.

regards

rapmoc
That's because you can't see other people's posts.

Server Actor Coder For

Creator Of SafeGame
Cruicky's Lab
Unread 3rd February, 2005, 04:45 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
I received an email "Recommended Ban Submission" to upgrade one of my server bans to a global ban.
I have gotten these as well, but I had already submitted them for global prior to recieving the email.

I stopped doing global ban requests, for none have been upgraded to global that I have submitted and it is a bit of a hassel the way it is now. Even repeat offenders on my servers who admit to cheating have not been upgraded.

It would be easier to be do submissions with one click in the interface.
Unread 3rd February, 2005, 05:22 PM
Killing Spree

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warped_Out
Incorporate a "Global Ban Request" button into the UTAN Admin's Personal UTAN page, thus ending the repetitive submission to the UTAN Submission page in the UTAN forums.

All the information that is being requested is located on the UTAN Admins personal page complete with evidence log. It is redundant to have to completely submit the same material again in the Forums.

Thanks, and you fellows have done a great job with UTAN. Very appreciated.

Warped_Out
I agree 100%.

I receive an email suggesting I submit alot if info that is already there for the viewing? Everything needed is right there in the email? Instead of sending me the email why cant that be automatically submitted? Never have understood that part of the process. That is also why up till now I have never taken the time to submit a global ban. Just seems to redundant, and I just dont have the time.

I submitted my 1st global ban Monday evening. It took me about an hour when all was said and done. I had a self submitted, by the botter, mpeg of 10mb. It failed on the upload to my personal bans, it failed on the attachment load for the submission, so I put it out out on my public server so it could be downloaded. The submission is still sitting in the submisison box. Havent heard anything on it.

This guy posted a link to demorec he made of himself running an aimbot on my server, in MY forums. Says he doesnt use it or distribute it, but wanted to show it could get past AntiTCC. Pretty ignorant and arrogant if you ask me.
Unread 3rd February, 2005, 05:33 PM
utan.unrealadmin.org

The system of having to post the information again rather than making it a click-through system is so that you have to read over the ban again, therefore less mistakes can be made. It saves us a lot of time in the long run, trust us.
Unread 3rd February, 2005, 06:17 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAN Administrator
The system of having to post the information again rather than making it a click-through system is so that you have to read over the ban again, therefore less mistakes can be made. It saves us a lot of time in the long run, trust us.
I submitted a ban for global awhile back, (no need to I found out, he had been added as global right after my ban was anyway)

I found the process very simple and easy to use. It only took a couple of minutes.

I agree with the UTAN admin. Doing it that way makes you read over your
ban info and make sure it is correct, which any admin really MUST do before submitting it for global.
Unread 8th February, 2005, 04:37 AM
Godlike

Well, if you're just copying from the ban in your UTAN account and pasting it here to the forum, I don't see how that verifies anything being correct.

Normally, when you ban someone, you use the server traq, then you just push the button, it does it all for you, adding the ban to your server account, correct?, only thing extra you might add is a copy of the log, then why not just push the button one more time, if you are submitting an aimbot or whatever for a global ban? It can send the required info straight from your UTAN account. Seems a little more efficient to me and least likely to create a mistake since the information is being taken strickly from the log on your server.

Now to make an error, I would say, you are most likely to make it manually submitting the ban here in the forums, because you are doing a ton of copying and pasting, correct? It is easy to get cross-eyed looking at all those little lines of banned players and you can most easily mix them up.

And to prove my point, if you read these forums, it has already happened once that I have seen in the Appeals section, where someone banned the wrong player.

I rest my case.........

Last edited by Warped_Out : 8th February, 2005 at 04:45 AM.
Unread 8th February, 2005, 04:58 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Well, if you're just copying from the ban in your UTAN account and pasting it here to the forum, I don't see how that verifies anything being correct.

Normally, when you ban someone, you use the server traq, then you just push the button, it does it all for you, adding the ban to your server account, correct?, only thing extra you might add is a copy of the log, then why not just push the button one more time, if you are submitting an aimbot or whatever for a global ban? It can send the required info straight from your UTAN account. Seems a little more efficient to me and least likely to create a mistake since the information is being taken strickly from the log on your server.

Now to make an error, I would say, you are most likely to make it manually submitting the ban here in the forums, because you are doing a ton of copying and pasting, correct? It is easy to get cross-eyed looking at all those little lines of banned players and you can most easily mix them up.

And to prove my point, if you read these forums, it has already happened once that I have seen in the Appeals section, where someone banned the wrong player.

I rest my case.........
Who said anything about copying and pasting?
Using the server traq? Never. I enter each one of my bans manually after verifying the information. Making a mistake and banning the wrong person is NOT an option. And as for the recent innocent person being banned, what makes you think doing it automatically would have made a bit of differance?
The admin banned the wrong person. He misread the name in the log.
If he he had used the traq info and banned him from there, then automatically
summited for a global, he would have submitted the wrong person since he had the wrong name. This is a perfect example why automatic global bans should NOT be allowed. Thank you for making my case.
Unread 8th February, 2005, 02:08 PM
Godlike

Anyone who would manually type all that out, with odd characters in the name, GuID, etc. gotta be nuts........
Unread 8th February, 2005, 03:04 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Anyone who would manually type all that out, with odd characters in the name, GuID, etc. gotta be nuts........
There is a differance between manually entering the information and manually "typing" it all out.

If you manually enter it, you open the actual log itself, READ IT, then copy out the needed information. Since I have several different types of player logs, including the one from AntiTCC and ServerEXT, it's very easy.

"Manually" means you actually look at what you are doing, verify it is the CORRECT information, then enter it in. Copy and past from your logs is fine, doing it from your bans assumes you entered it in correctly in the first place, which is the whole point of this discussion. You cannot assume that what you entered in your ban is correct. To upgrade to a global ban, you MUST verify it and confirm it is 100%. Making you enter it in again makes you read it again. Hopefully if there was a mistake you would then catch it. It gives you a second chance to correct any mistake you may have made.
Or do you believe it is OK if an innocent player gets a global ban because an admin was sloppy or lazy?

I have seen an admin say he would rather ban 10 innocent players then have one real cheater on his server, I'm sorry, but that is just WRONG!
Unread 8th February, 2005, 09:13 PM
Godlike

"Copy and Pasting" ----> Never! Didn't you say that

Now it's okay in your next post?

If the world operated on a manual basis as you prefer and the UTAn Administrator prefers, then we'd all be as productive as the 3rd world.

What the result will be is that it becomes a pain in the arse to submit it and everyone will discontinue it. That is what will happen if it is not the case now.

And, don't put words in my mouth because I suspect you have no idea what I am thinking or believe.

Efficiency = Less chance of error..........Simple "Time and Motion"

That's my last post.......

P.S. Wipe the brown off your nose too
Unread 8th February, 2005, 09:29 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
"Copy and Pasting" ----> Never! Didn't you say that

Now it's okay in your next post?

If the world operated on a manual basis as you prefer and the UTAn Administrator prefers, then we'd all be as productive as the 3rd world.

What the result will be is that it becomes a pain in the arse to submit it and everyone will discontinue it. That is what will happen if it is not the case now.

And, don't put words in my mouth because I suspect you have no idea what I am thinking or believe.

Efficiency = Less chance of error..........Simple "Time and Motion"

That's my last post.......

P.S. Wipe the brown off your nose too
No, I did not say that.
Go back and read it again.

A P.S. for you P.S., I'll take that as a compliment if it means I fully support
UTAN and what it stands for.

Last edited by ShiningSquirrel : 8th February, 2005 at 09:32 PM.