You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > AnthraXs Corner > General Chat

Unread 22nd May, 2010, 11:50 PM
Forum Newcomer

I'm not in a Clan and I don't Cheat. What are you like, 10 years old? Try to comeback with an Adult response please.
Unread 22nd May, 2010, 11:52 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealplayer View Post
My point..Don't release until you have a Decent product. As i see it now it's garbage and doing more damage than helping. Yeah a few people say it has caught people but a lot of it was mistakes because it read the files wrong. People (players) will only put up with it for so long and they will move onto other servers that are not running it. Now your losing server traffic and paying for a server No One wants to play on.

The sad thing is people who pay and run a server have the mentality of ( It's mine and if you don't like it, go somewhere else) Well guess what? They all leave and you get to run a empty server or just a few people who have new pc's and Win7.

Good Luck with that!
Ummm, really? You think? All the ACE servers I play on are jam-packed so I think you are more clueless than disgruntled. I know at least 3 dozen players who have returned to the game since the release of ACE versus the 3 bitching whiners that I've encountered. Spend 30 minutes asking questions how to get your system to play smoothly. That's a more efficient use of your energy than this. BTW, I have been playing on a P4 3.2 ghz system and haven't had the issues you have and none of my members on old systems have reported anything wrong either.

~Johnny Jones

Unread 23rd May, 2010, 12:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
I'm not in a Clan and I don't Cheat. What are you like, 10 years old? Try to comeback with an Adult response please.
ok Chris, I just thought since Sakura had been posted here you might be trying to defend her - and I know a few others in {WINGS} that have been caught by ACE

I just thought you might be trying to defend them by posting bs about the anticheat, not something a 44 yr old man should be doing but you never know

maybe I just misunderstood your intentions, your pc is pretty crappy so you might have a legit reason to complain about the performance, but certainly not the quality of the anticheat - unless you can show me some logs that were labeled as cheat logs that were false? Adult responses only please.
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 01:29 AM
Rampage

I would bet donuts to dollars that your part of one of the clans who use

every exploit to gain advantage unrealplayer. Thats why this game is hanging on by a thread and we don't need morons like yourself trashing what seems to be an anti cheat that eliminates alot of these exploits. there wil always be some type of bug with new anti cheats, the best we can do is support the community who dedicates their spare time to improve our game. And eliminate
week players like yourself who has to use anything to win
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 01:43 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Thats why this game is hanging on by a thread and we don't need morons like yourself trashing what seems to be an anti cheat that eliminates alot of these exploits.
Quoted For Truth
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 03:30 AM
Holy Shit!!

keep up the good work Anth, Gencom and all others , really looking forwards to this AC.
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 07:05 PM
Holy Shit!!

I tested today, and i fired up my old pentium III 500mhz pc. That is hardware which was available around the time of the introduction of UT.
I was able to play just FINE on servers both with and without ace.

Yes v0.7 will be even better, but the current public version is already good.
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 09:17 PM
Forum Newcomer

So..your saying I cheat...LOL!!! Show me over the ten plus years ive been playing UT that I ever got banned from any server. My PC runs fine and it was Schlong and a few others that posted it in the forums that it picked up files that said to be a known hack when it wasnt. So you should go back and do some re-reading. I'm not defending Sakura either..I think I talked to that person maybe once or twice..So your wrong there. A week player...That's funny!

We can go on arguing and calling each other childish names but the fact is there is to many players who are having issues and when they voice their concerns we get bashed for it.

It's always someone elses fault that it doesnt work right or your PC is a piece of crap, or i'm abetter player than you.

To say there is only a few people whining is funny. You need to start visiting different forums of different clans and read them.

Lee how did you know it was me? LOL!!!
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 09:25 PM
Forum Newcomer

You know what would be fun? Put all of you in one room and see who would be the first person to open their mouth and call someone a name.

I would love to show my Adult response...LOL!!! Kind of hard to choke the shit out of people behind a screen.

Now that's funny.
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 10:04 PM
Forum Newcomer

][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF}

does seem to catch people but its run may come to an end if anthrax cant fix the vicious startup lag and of course all the other problems it is causing, we dont want something that is doing more damage than good.

having a good anticheat is all fair and well, but it would be pointless if we lost most of our traffic because of it.

personally i havent had any issues with it and i dont have a super fast pc either, all i get is the nasty lag at the beginning of each map.

there are too many people having problems and voicing them to be ignored, we cant simply say "its there and its staying" if so many are having real bad issues which could cause us to lose them.

this isnt me saying take it off or keep it on, im simply thinking out loud so to speak.
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 11:26 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Every server I have played on that runs ACE is almost unplayable. Skipping, Skating, frameloss, Lag, timeouts being kicked for running older versions of opengl drivers and the list goes on.
I don't know, man. You definitely made it sound like it was you having issues. And I do and have visited other clan forums including WINGS. Out of the few posts I have found on there regarding ACE, it was the same 4 people complaining about it so I'm still at a loss as to where this huge group of people having issues is.

The startup lag is normal. I've always experienced startup lag no matter which AC was being used. That's just a fact of the game. In the end, it was whiners that wanted to see proof that something was actually being developed that got a beta released too early. I'm one of those admins that has chosen to wait for the official release because I do feel the same way you do in that respect, but at the same time, I have also noticed great improvement in performance with it over UTDC and would have come and asked how to fix it if I did have problems instead of just flying in slamming people who are dedicating their time to save a 10 year old game. In the end, I think everyone is saying the same thing: be patient because it's on it's way.

~Johnny Jones

Unread 24th May, 2010, 01:13 AM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks Draco, and yes i blew my top. I'm just an Old Fart who is very frustrated with all of this and I'm sorry for going off like I did. Sometimes people ignore what you have to say and just say it's you and not our problem. There are quite a few people but they chose not to voice their opinions which doesnt help and I have gone about it the wrong way. Also when I have voiced my concerns and issues I get slammed or I need to completely redue my game just to play and that's where I have issues, I don't run any tweeks in Unreal and I have one voicepack and one custom skin loaded and that's it. Never believed in changing the settings just to get something else out of the game...Why? I just want to play the game as it was meant to be played.

The startup lag I don't get at all, just the rest of gametime I get it.

Last edited by unrealplayer : 24th May, 2010 at 01:16 AM.
Unread 24th May, 2010, 03:14 AM
Dominating

I've been watching this thread intently, almost obsessively, waiting for it to be released. I even have a FraggedNation ladder waiting in the wings to start after the server is equipped with ACE. I'm actually excited about it because my new Win7/64 machine runs like butter on ACE but I still have to jump on my dinosaur to play FraggedNation matches in UTDC protected servers.

The one setting I think that makes the greatest amount of difference is the CacheSizeMeg= in the Unrealtournament.ini(correct me if I'm wrong please). Crank that puppy up to 128 instead of the default 4. See if that smooths things out for you.

~Johnny Jones