You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 25th December, 2013, 12:21 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Have issue hosting dedicated server

I recently have been hosting dedicated servers from my own computer, but I can't seem to anymore. I was adding mutators to each gametype in my voting configuration, but after finally finishing, I tried to select a gametype to launch off of and it crashed. Now it does this every time, no matter which gametype I select to host with.

It gives me this error:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2667 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (3182)

General protection fault!

History: Sort <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (UT2K4Tab_GameTypeMP Package.UT2K4Tab_GameTypeMP @ Function GUI2K4.UT2K4Tab_GameTypeBase.InternalOnChange : 00C7) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUIListBox Package.GUIListBox @ Function XInterface.GUIListBox.InternalOnChange : 002A) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUIList Package.GUIList @ Function XInterface.GUIListBase.IndexChanged : 0018) <- UObject:rocessEvent <- (GUIListBox Package.GUIListBox, Function XInterface.GUIListBox.InternalOnClick) <- UObject:rocessDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIList Package.GUIList) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I would really like to start hosting again. Please help.
Unread 25th December, 2013, 05:50 AM
out of order

Have you tried reinstalling the latest patch? (Preferably as part of the MegaPack, if you don't have that yet.)
Unread 25th December, 2013, 06:21 AM
Forum Newcomer

It's definitely something related to the .ini

I tried reinstalling the patch but it didn't help. However, allowing UT2004 to create a new .ini file did solve the problem of getting past the choose gametype screen.
Unread 25th December, 2013, 07:10 AM
Forum Newcomer

I figured out the problem why it won't let me get past choosing gametypes.

It won't let me have more than 10 or so gametypes loaded up in my maplist configuration. But then I still want to have more gametypes...

How do I do this?
Unread 25th December, 2013, 08:55 PM
out of order

Why would you need that many game modes? Your server will only show up under the current game type in the browser, but not in any of the others. Pick those modes that you know will definitely get played.