You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > AnthraXs Corner > General Chat

Unread 12th February, 2007, 07:06 PM
Rampage

thanks guys... I appreciate the pointers!
Unread 12th February, 2007, 07:47 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
rewinding can be done using "seekto"
seekto doesn't work for me

ut crashes (frotection fault...) when I enter the command...

P4 1.6 northwood, 512 SDRAM, GF4 TI 4200, winxp sp2, ut 451b (not goty)

any help ?
Unread 13th February, 2007, 03:11 AM
Holy Shit!!

I'm having all sorts of problems with this new version.

When I click from the views from player to player, the player that I'm watching is not the player that it states it is at the bottom of the window (Live Feed From .....). Sometimes, it stays the same name no matter who you are watching.

The player that you are watching "flashes" constantly while moving.

In 1st person, all I can see is the end of the weapon. For instance, with the ESR, all I can see is the very end of the gun.

A|ice
Unread 13th February, 2007, 06:45 AM
Holy Shit!!

Can you upload such a demo somewhere ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A|ice View Post
In 1st person, all I can see is the end of the weapon. For instance, with the ESR, all I can see is the very end of the gun.
If you're using the enhanced Opengl, try setting ZRangeHack to false. It is stated on the link below that this option "partially breaks weapon rendering".

http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/settings.html

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 13th February, 2007, 06:50 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphx View Post
seekto doesn't work for me

ut crashes (frotection fault...) when I enter the command...

P4 1.6 northwood, 512 SDRAM, GF4 TI 4200, winxp sp2, ut 451b (not goty)

any help ?
It's a buggy feature and practically stalls (requiring a ctrl+alt+del) or crashes for everyone under certain conditions. What it seems to do is fastforward a demo very fast hitting up on any possible errors instantly or getting stuck in some sort of loop. For moviemaking purposes what I usually do is have a list of "safe" curtimes in excel that I can use to jump to certain parts of a demo. You're better off binding a key to slomo with something like "slomo 40 | onrelease slomo 1". An added tip is to also change the pause bind to "pause | curtime".

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.

Last edited by Azura : 13th February, 2007 at 06:55 AM.
Unread 15th February, 2007, 02:40 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura View Post
Can you upload such a demo somewhere ?

If you're using the enhanced Opengl, try setting ZRangeHack to false. It is stated on the link below that this option "partially breaks weapon rendering".

http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/settings.html
Changing the ZRangeHack to false didn't change anything.
Here's a link to the dem file: http://www.mediamax.com/utalice/Links/DDF287151C
Unread 26th February, 2007, 01:29 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
[...] An added tip is to also change the pause bind to "pause | curtime".
Does this mean it correctly displays the actual ingame time which usually gets completely messed up once you press pause or use slomo in a demo?
That one has been a pain in the ass for me for a long time (especially for recording movie scenes).
If not, what does the "curtime" exactly do in the pause bind?
Unread 26th February, 2007, 03:19 PM
Holy Shit!!

I'm not sure what is going on but the in-game clock usually desynchronizes when you speed up the demo. For example, you could get a count-down even though the end of match is still moments away. What you could try is speeding up the demo and then bringing it back to normal speed for a while.

As for curtime, think of it as the relative time within the demo (it's a demo manager specific command). It has the advantage of remaining precise whatever you do which makes it suitable for movie-making purposes. It's what I'm using for my movie.

Unread 24th March, 2007, 09:16 AM
Rampage

Thankyou

It works better than Usaar's version, and he actually intended to fix it, but as I know him a little, he's: a) graduating again b) found another project (people seems to miss good scripters alot) c) got a life

Tnx m8, was looking for the one usaar released, but this version fixxed som errors, oh, and he usually responds to emails, if you want to talk to him (the cshp and utpure guys can prolly supply you with an e-mail addy, as the one I have are several years old, did some modelconversion ages ago, he always answered my questions, how silly they even where, and even fixxed a script for a model, he just thought it was fun that someone used his tutorial)

even for a yank, his very helpful
Unread 13th April, 2007, 12:16 PM
Dominating

Unhappy demos crashing one me :(

plz, demos are crashing when using smartctf4d here is part of the log..

Code:
Critical: appError called:
Critical: SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI CTF-AreaN23-LE103.SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI0 (Function SmartCTF_4D.SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI.SpawnNotification:00B9) Unknown code token C9
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
and here is printscreen- want to me upload full log?

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bugjz3.gif

thanks a lot in advance
Unread 14th April, 2007, 02:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

Try contacting the author of SmartCTF. The error is taking place in the class SmartCTFSpawnNotifyPRI and the function SpawnNotification.

Unread 14th April, 2007, 09:12 PM
Dominating

thx 4 replying !
Unread 15th April, 2007, 01:29 AM
UTPure Admin

More than likely not a problem with that function. That function probably ran across an actor that was improperly destroyed, especially if the function was of the foreach flavor.
Unread 20th April, 2007, 06:16 PM
Rampage

Its bugged, like the normal release. Very often it dosn't auto record demos, pisses me off :/

I have it turned on "Always" however it does record like 1/6 of my games.. random dunno

Be so kind and check the code AnthraX
Unread 20th April, 2007, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SesioN View Post
Its bugged, like the normal release. Very often it dosn't auto record demos, pisses me off :/

I have it turned on "Always" however it does record like 1/6 of my games.. random dunno

Be so kind and check the code AnthraX
it's not bugged and it's not random. The autorecorder will only activate when you load the menu. If you start up your game and you go directly to the server (either by clicking an unreal://x.x.x.x:yyyy link in windows or by opening the console and typing open x.x.x.x:yyyy) then the menu won't load. You have to ensure that you press escape first, before you do anything else. Once the menubar shows, the autorecorder is active
Unread 20th April, 2007, 06:54 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
it's not bugged and it's not random. The autorecorder will only activate when you load the menu. If you start up your game and you go directly to the server (either by clicking an unreal://x.x.x.x:yyyy link in windows or by opening the console and typing open x.x.x.x:yyyy) then the menu won't load. You have to ensure that you press escape first, before you do anything else. Once the menubar shows, the autorecorder is active
I am always getting on the server via Favorites. Always pressing escape after turning UT on to get there, and still it dosn't record every game :////
Unread 20th April, 2007, 07:12 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
It is not really a bug but a limitation. The trick Usaar33 used for autorecording will only work under certain conditions. Without this trick, the feature would simply not be available. As Anthrax has explained, connecting to a server via a url or via a shortcut will stop the autorecording feature from working properly.

I suggest the following to ensure that demos are recorded. When you change the recording settings in demo manager, exit UT and start it again. Then connect to a server and type "demorec" plus a name of your choosing. If you get a message saying that a demo is already recording, it is apparently working. Do this each time you change settings. You might want to have a key binded with the demorec command to do some quick testing.

The only improvement I can imagine is to have a clear message to say that the autorecorder is active. Also, Anthrax updated demo manager on common request to fix some issues with that have breaken demo playback. It is originally Usaar33's project. If there is indeed a problem on your side, please trace back the steps that cause autorecording to fail. A log extract would be nice too. It is more helpful than saying that something is bugged.

Unread 21st April, 2007, 09:45 AM
Rampage

Quote:
It is not really a bug but a limitation. The trick Usaar33 used for autorecording will only work under certain conditions. Without this trick, the feature would simply not be available. As Anthrax has explained, connecting to a server via a url or via a shortcut will stop the autorecording feature from working properly.

I suggest the following to ensure that demos are recorded. When you change the recording settings in demo manager, exit UT and start it again. Then connect to a server and type "demorec" plus a name of your choosing. If you get a message saying that a demo is already recording, it is apparently working. Do this each time you change settings. You might want to have a key binded with the demorec command to do some quick testing.

The only improvement I can imagine is to have a clear message to say that the autorecorder is active. Also, Anthrax updated demo manager on common request to fix some issues with that have breaken demo playback. It is originally Usaar33's project. If there is indeed a problem on your side, please trace back the steps that cause autorecording to fail. A log extract would be nice too. It is more helpful than saying that something is bugged.
As I said befor...

Quote:
I am always getting on the server via Favorites. Always pressing escape after turning UT on to get there, and still it dosn't record every game :////
Are there any logs actuall? I never did check for any :p
Unread 21st April, 2007, 01:46 PM
Holy Shit!!

UT produces a log whenever it's running. Normally it's UnrealTournament.log in /System. I suppose you have changed the default demo recording driver in your ini :

Code:
[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
;DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=udemo.uDemoDriver
Console=UTMenu.UTConsole
Language=int
As for the problem of autorecording not kicking in, this sometimes occurs when you :
1) Launch UT.
2) Press escape.
3) Go in your server browser.
4) Connect to a server.

Correct ? If so, it's up to you to keep an eye out to see when the autorecording feature isn't working. Unfortunately, there's no other way of doing things because we don't have access to your PC.

Unread 21st April, 2007, 09:24 PM
Rampage

Is it possible to do a bind, like "Record demo %MapName_%Year%Month%Day___%Hour%Minute"