You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTAN > General Chat

Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:12 PM
Killing Spree

Exclamation Banned by a Server Admin

I was playing an onslaught just over a month ago on utan. I was talking to a friend about the game, like what to type to show your frame rate when I was told by another player, Piglet to (quote) "shut up". I advised him that he could block me on voice chat if he didn't want to hear me, but he didn't listen. piglet then went on to say "shut up or I'll kick you". I feel this is an abuse of the UTAN system aswell as a monopoly.

Piglet then left the game, signed in as an administrator and kicked me.

TO CLARIFY, PIGLET A UTAN ADMINISTRATOR KICKED ME FOR GIVING ADVISE ON GAMEPLAY...

NOTHING MORE

Voice your own opinion
Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:22 PM
Killing Spree

wth has a kick to do with UTAN?
Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:22 PM
Killing Spree

it was a game ban
Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:23 PM
Killing Spree

JUST TO CLARIFY I WAS BANNED FROM THE GAME
Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:40 PM
Rampage

can u say not the brightest crayon in the box.
Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:41 PM
Killing Spree

what are you insinuating?
Unread 24th March, 2005, 11:47 PM
Holy Shit!!

UTAN is a Global Banning System.

You were banned from his Server, not all UTAN Server.

Only a handfull of admins have the ability to Globally Ban Someone.

Its like coming into his house, yelling at the top of your lungs, you didnt, and he kicked you out.

You were warned by the admin, His Server. You didnt listen. You got banned.

Your Fault.
Unread 25th March, 2005, 12:26 AM
Killing Spree

one hell of a pussy attitude he's got then
Unread 25th March, 2005, 12:48 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DF]Scourge
can u say not the brightest crayon in the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJ
what are you insinuating?
Sorry, heh

He admins the server and since it's a local ban on his own server then he can ban for whatever reason he likes...Generally this forum is posted on for people to find out why they are banned or to ask (nicely ) to be unbanned.

The admins on the server (Titan I believe, judging by admin name) are not a bad bunch, if it's a minor issue I'm sure you will be unbanned if you ask politely.
Unread 25th March, 2005, 12:50 AM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJ
one hell of a pussy attitude he's got then
I agree. And there's many admins that abuse the power. But... it is
THEIR server. So you gotta move on.

Don't blame UTAN.
Unread 25th March, 2005, 01:29 AM
Killing Spree

ok I apologie, I don't know the setup of utan and networks... some people can be so petty
Unread 25th March, 2005, 01:33 AM
Killing Spree

ok I didn't understand the setup of utan.... some people are so petty, they can be so sad
Unread 25th March, 2005, 04:43 AM
Holy Shit!!

Have you looked at the chat log in your ban appeal?
You and your "friend" where being complate a-holes for several maps and where warned several times to stop.
They had MORE then enough reason to ban you well beforew you started your voice chat.
I would expect language like that coming from 10 year olds, but not a couple of adults.
Unread 25th March, 2005, 05:49 AM
Dominating

I guess I should have expected the whole truth wasn't told once again.
Unread 25th March, 2005, 09:39 AM
Holy Shit!!

Bah BanHAppy Admins i know a view more who kick or ban for talking
You can not you can not talk and if you talk be shure you do it 1 time dont post 2x the same message otherwise ban
That people sux :x it is all a game
I hate banning I only ban for cheating or in wild cases some keep pushing me then a ban but im a admin for some years and never wil ban someone for that.
I like to see them Ban someone when they have a brand new serverwhile they still need people.
This all happens when servers start to crowed then the admin laming comes forward
And shows his true power by banning Oh watch out im admin lick my ass or be banned
That kind of admins sux and there world becomes smaller and smaller
Soz for stepping any toes but I hate BanHappy admins
Fun-Dump.com 5k uniques daily
Phunneyshit.net 2k uniques daily
Trash n Babes 1,5k uniques daily
Babe-Dumper 1,5k uniques daily <New Site
Unread 25th March, 2005, 09:57 AM
utan.unrealadmin.org

These are servers run by people who can do as they wish when they wish.
Unread 26th March, 2005, 02:23 PM
Killing Spree

This game was an extreme example of abuse of power by an admin, Piglet had a go at us for talking, nothing else, no swearing, no shouting, no playing music, no spamming, talking that was all. What is VOIP for if not talking. Also people keep bringing up our histories, the fact is we did use to swear loads on servers and we got banned for it, since then we have, that i know of, not sworn, and that was in dec of last year so quite a while ago. The swearing law is the only law we have ever broken, no other rules, so why do people think that we are 'complate a-holes for several maps' when we are good team players who do not start arguments and disagree with all forms of rule breaking. Fact is Piglets ban is unjust and should be viewed as such. Hunter125_(bj)
Unread 26th March, 2005, 04:34 PM
Holy Shit!!

Often times, player/admins are in the server and for whatever reason they have to take action to keep the server enjoyable for all. I host a few servers with the full expense coming out of my own pocket.. I do this so that people have good pub servers to enjoy.. or at least two more than they would have w/o mine.. As admins, and normal people, we have time management issues. I'm a reasonably patient guy, but there gets to be times where I am not going to play around and counsel/reprimand some random player doing whatever and mucking up the good times on my servers. I'll whack him and let UTAN tell him to come here. BAM! Problem solved for the people in play, and I can usually go back to doing whatever it was before I was PM'ed frantically by one of the regulars. The UTAN'ed person finds himself locked out of 5 deathball servers all of a sudden. Now if that isn't an attention getter, I don't know what is.

Anyway, the point is, whatever action an admin takes that appears harsh to you - it's driven by how much that admin has to do to keep his server playable. A busy server with a constant flow of new players is bound to attract a lot of problem children too. Policing the server would become a full time job if an admin lets it rule his day. Screw that. Whack them to wake them up, if they come here and repent, all is forgiven. If they don't come here, no worries, no extra time lost.

Bottom line, eliminate any issues on the client side. That's your job. Players play, they don't come here to constantly complain. If you like a server and miss being allowed into it, try to be a more welcome player and a friendly regular. Support your admins too.. Got an issue with Admin-X, email or PM them. If you just can't get along with them, then move on. Admins aren't elected officials and popularity has nothing to do with it. We're just the people that pay the bills to keep the servers up so swarms of ungrateful people can get on them for free and enjoy the game that we love. Remember: you alone are responsible for how welcome you are on a server.
Unread 26th March, 2005, 10:24 PM
Rampage

Hunter, it's time for you to know the facts.

He is NOT a UTAN administrator, he is a SERVER administrator. There is a huge difference. This thread should not be here. It should be on the forums that correspond to the clan or people who runt he server. From all the logs that I have seen concerning you and your buddy, your ban is well deserved. People playing a fun game on the server should not have to take time out from their activities to go and mute you from voice coms. It's there for the help of the game not for two people to catch up on how life is, what their dog puked up today or how non existant their sex life is.

A server admin has the right to ban you for anything he/she wants. It's their server, they pay for it and they can do what they want with it. You arguement holds zero water in light of that. If you want to appeal it, take it to wherever you can reach piglet and not here.
Unread 27th March, 2005, 10:07 AM
out of order

There are only few UTAN Admins. Piglet is only a UTAN User. End of discussion, I'd say.