You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > AnthraXs Corner > General Chat

Unread 24th April, 2016, 05:15 PM
Unstoppable

I'm having an issue with the UPackages array not being big enough to handle all the ServerPackages I have on one of my servers.

I recently installed Nali Weapons 3 on my MultiStyle server (Jailbreak, MonsterHunt, Nali Weapons MonsterHunt, Siege), found I was getting kicked for an unknown UPackage from NaliWeapons which should have been autodetected. Had a look and realised there were 32 autodetected packages, and it was missing the one I got kicked for.

For now I've made a manual listing of the packages, but can't fit them all in so I get the occasional kick. I also have issues with other custom weapons that are part of MH maps, since they're not recognised by ACE I get kicked for those too.

Is it at all possible to increase the size of that array somehow? If not, what's the best way to work around this issue?
Unread 27th August, 2016, 09:00 PM
Administrator

I increased the size of the UPackages array to 255 in the new version. I hope that's reasonable.
Unread 28th August, 2016, 10:16 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meindratheal View Post
I'm having an issue with the UPackages array not being big enough to handle all the ServerPackages I have on one of my servers.

I recently installed Nali Weapons 3 on my MultiStyle server (Jailbreak, MonsterHunt, Nali Weapons MonsterHunt, Siege), found I was getting kicked for an unknown UPackage from NaliWeapons which should have been autodetected. Had a look and realised there were 32 autodetected packages, and it was missing the one I got kicked for.

For now I've made a manual listing of the packages, but can't fit them all in so I get the occasional kick. I also have issues with other custom weapons that are part of MH maps, since they're not recognised by ACE I get kicked for those too.

Is it at all possible to increase the size of that array somehow? If not, what's the best way to work around this issue?
You can try CacusMapVote with XC_Engine to allow you to dynamically load and unload server packages so u don't have to have more than 32 server packages. This is what I got running on my dev server. Both mods can be found on UT99.org.

irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Unread 28th August, 2016, 10:53 PM
Godlike

The loading/unloading isn't really his issue. I've run into this too where you can be kicked if you don't whitelist a package via the UPackage list. The array just needed to be larger to accommodate servers with very large mod loadouts.
Unread 8th September, 2016, 12:48 AM
Rampage

Anth, would it be possible to include a client-side macro-detection function in ACE which would detect things like dodge macros, hyper-scroll-wheel jumps* or other "too fast to be humanly possible" key combinations?

I talked to UTrustedPlayer and although his AntiCheat (and Fulcrum's BTAC) are useful on their own, I understand that ACE already contains reliable ways to achieve this?

EDIT: or even better, a way to detect externally-defined keyboard/mouse macros using DLL hooks or something? E.g. AutoHotKey or gaming macro software. If that's within the realms of possibility.

* This is when a player uses a mouse with a fast-spinning scroll wheel to send hundreds of input commands to the server so the command is executed ASAP. Mostly used in BunnyTrack for "bouncing"; pressing jump when you hit the ground after being boosted by a kicker or a slope. Like the use of single-press dodge macros, most consider it cheating.

Last edited by dizzy : 8th September, 2016 at 12:51 AM.
Unread 10th September, 2016, 07:06 AM
Administrator

This is a tricky question. Something like this would definitely be in scope, but depending on how these macros are implemented, they might not be so easy to detect. One of my experimental releases (v0.7 (?)) included a check that detected pretty much all of these but that check was incredibly slow and it's fundamentally impossible to make it any faster (even on modern hardware).
If you have any specific tools/cheats in mind, send me a PM, and I'll tell you if I can block it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
Anth, would it be possible to include a client-side macro-detection function in ACE which would detect things like dodge macros, hyper-scroll-wheel jumps* or other "too fast to be humanly possible" key combinations?

I talked to UTrustedPlayer and although his AntiCheat (and Fulcrum's BTAC) are useful on their own, I understand that ACE already contains reliable ways to achieve this?

EDIT: or even better, a way to detect externally-defined keyboard/mouse macros using DLL hooks or something? E.g. AutoHotKey or gaming macro software. If that's within the realms of possibility.

* This is when a player uses a mouse with a fast-spinning scroll wheel to send hundreds of input commands to the server so the command is executed ASAP. Mostly used in BunnyTrack for "bouncing"; pressing jump when you hit the ground after being boosted by a kicker or a slope. Like the use of single-press dodge macros, most consider it cheating.