You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

BeyondUnreal News

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 1st June, 2005, 08:33 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Weird connection problem

Hi there,

I'm quite new to hosting UT-Servers and now I'm setting up a InstaGib server on an old computer of mine. For LAN it works very well and I'm very satisfied with the performance it provides, but I'v serious problems getting it online.

I'm behind a NAT router, but I gave the server a static ip, and forwarded the ports 7777-7788,28902 and 80 to it, so I think everything should be fine. Webadmin always works. Now sometimes it is possible for other players to join the server, usually if I just started it. But everytime, mostly directly from the beginning, it is impossible to join. Sometimes there is a ping displayed in the server browser, sometimes there's only a N/A, and sometimes the ip is being displayed while attempting to join, but it also occures, that the screen just remains black and after some time it says "connection lost". It also happenend to me that I lost the connection while loading the level after a restart.

So what should I do?

Thanks for your help,
TB2
Unread 2nd June, 2005, 06:29 AM
Rampage

Well I'm not sure off course but maybe your IP to the internet changes changes after your server has hooked up to the master server and that way it will still be alive and well from the Lan side but just the internet will try to acces the server where there is none

This is only one possibility but thats the only thing that comes to my mind at the moment.
Unread 2nd June, 2005, 04:55 PM
Forum Newcomer

Well I'm sure that my external IP doesn't change at all, it may switch around everey three months, but it's mostly static. And as I said the internal one is also given static by the dhcp.
Unread 4th June, 2005, 04:58 AM
Killing Spree

You could try adding your machine IP (internal one) to your router's DMZ and see if that helps?
Unread 7th June, 2005, 09:24 AM
Forum Newcomer

That didnt change anything, but that I couldn't reach it anymore over LAN...

Could it be, that there's something wrong with the UT Installation? And one question: What's the command line command, that declares, that the server _is not_ a LAN Server?
Unread 2nd July, 2005, 08:03 PM
Forum Newcomer

Well, ok, by some weird circumstances, the server is always being displayed in the master server list, and also pingable, it is not declared as N/A anymore. But still, people can join very rarely and somehohw the webadmin also is only reachable from time to time.

Are there any other things to do?
Unread 2nd July, 2005, 10:46 PM
Forum Newcomer

sounds weird - the problems which u r mention...
try to get new installation cd with the latest patchs as even new windows installation first...about ports i don't remember the UT ports but i think there is nore default ports which u have to open...

i suggest u try these 3 basic steps first...

*i dont know your router well...
Unread 2nd July, 2005, 10:57 PM
Forum Newcomer

Well the windows installation is brand new, the ut installation, too, latest patch applied, and ports are forwarded correctly. Btw all the other server apps, that are also installed on the server are running without problems...